Timing out joining servers!

Post your questions here
CantTouchDis
Team: Privateer

Timing out joining servers!

Post by CantTouchDis »

Hi, I recently got a big upgrade to a new pc (friend built it) and I don't know that much about computers.

Anyways... what I am struggling with is when I join servers it takes forever to load decals and statues, resulting in me timing out. If I do load into the server I would be the last one to spawn in at the gate where it says "Waiting for Joe Motocross (4s)". I usually run Mx Sim on normal graphics settings, and I have tried changing the settings to compatibility and again to high FPS settings, they made no difference.

Help!! I wanna play with people in Mx Sim. :lol:

Thanks for the help anyone! :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Timing out joining servers!

Post by jlv »

If there's a lower resolution version of the track try using that instead. Also, it'll load faster the second time so if you run a lap on the track in time trial before you connect it might help.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
CantTouchDis
Team: Privateer

Post by CantTouchDis »

jlv wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:01 am If there's a lower resolution version of the track try using that instead. Also, it'll load faster the second time so if you run a lap on the track in time trial before you connect it might help.
Ok, I will give that a send, thanks jlv!
MotoBlud

Post by MotoBlud »

jlv wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:01 am If there's a lower resolution version of the track try using that instead. Also, it'll load faster the second time so if you run a lap on the track in time trial before you connect it might help.
I usually had this problem every once in a blue moon, now I have this problem all the time. Most tracks have tons of decals and no low resolution version, also my pc is very low end, its usually not a problem (like I said) but now its a huge problem because of the new snapshot. Will there be a update fixing this or will it always be like this?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

MotoBlud wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:31 am I usually had this problem every once in a blue moon, now I have this problem all the time. Most tracks have tons of decals and no low resolution version, also my pc is very low end, its usually not a problem (like I said) but now its a huge problem because of the new snapshot. Will there be a update fixing this or will it always be like this?
Nothing imminent for loading time optimizations.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.