Problem with Snapshots

Post your questions here
MxRyan
Team: Muc-Off Yamaha

Problem with Snapshots

Post by MxRyan »

Earlier today i updated to snapshot 22-5-19 from 21-3-31 and it practically broke my game. i would randomly drop from 125 to 8 FPS around the 1st corner and at random spots on the track, has anyone encountered this before? is there something messed up on my end? i tried 22-1-14, 21-11-22 and had no better luck, I thought i might have to do a full reinstall but as soon as i switched back to 21-3-31 my game was fine.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Problem with Snapshots

Post by jlv »

What GPU?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MxRyan

Post by MxRyan »

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Can you check what OpenGL version you're getting in the driver info in the graphics menu?

Also if you have a demo that reliably brings you down to 8 fps I'd like to try it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MxRyan

Post by MxRyan »

https://gyazo.com/a92f5705f224d876ba8bed54dc2774af

4.6.0 Nvidia 512.95?

No I don't have any demos that would drop my FPS. Would be willing to download one if that helps out or anything but, i wouldn't be sure where to find one.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

OK. The newer snapshots that are giving you trouble use a newer API to create the context that lets you pick the OpenGL version. It defaults to 3.1 core so there was a possibility the 3.1 core context was causing a problem. Since it's using a 4.6 context that eliminates that possibility.

Just record a demo yourself. See if it's still slow when you play it back. If it is, upload it somewhere and I'll give it a test.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com