Running MXSIM on Mac

Post your questions here
J_Baboolal516
Team: HUCKIT MX

Running MXSIM on Mac

Post by J_Baboolal516 »

I’m getting back on this game after 5 years of not playing it. I’m on the same MacBook Pro from back in the day. It used to run on Wineskin but now I have Parallels and it plays like ass. Horrible frame rate and it won’t load textures. I’m horrible with computers. Any help would be appreciated!
Computer specs attached below
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Running MXSIM on Mac

Post by Wahlamt »

No specs attached ;) Since it updated everything to OpenGL 3.0 as minimum, it just wouldn't work on Mac, not to what I could figure out. If you stick to an older snapshot/version it should play fine with Wineskin, but not with the latest updates. If you want me to point you at what works (if a slightly older version is fine), just reply here and I'll dig up which versions that work.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:52 pm No specs attached ;) Since it updated everything to OpenGL 3.0 as minimum, it just wouldn't work on Mac, not to what I could figure out. If you stick to an older snapshot/version it should play fine with Wineskin, but not with the latest updates. If you want me to point you at what works (if a slightly older version is fine), just reply here and I'll dig up which versions that work.
What does the OpenGL version string say on your Mac? The game defaults to 3.1 core which is supposed to work on Macs. It might help to ask for the exact version you have. Give --glversion 4.1core a try.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
J_Baboolal516
Team: HUCKIT MX

Post by J_Baboolal516 »

I fixed the problem by buying a windows computer, only issue now is missing textures