Graphics at 0 fps still low?

Post your questions here
Moyle55
Team: Privateer

Graphics at 0 fps still low?

Post by Moyle55 »

not blaming this on the new snapshot but, since I downloaded it I have not been able to run above 100 frames at all on most tracks. With my graphics literally at 0 on sim I will get 10-35 fps while moving, and 35-70 fps while stopped. right before I downloaded the snapshot I was getting a solid 125 frames on most courses. it would only ever drop to 111 on a big track while moving. I downloaded my 2021-11-26 snapshot again and I am still stuck with this issue. I've read nearly every fps topic on the forums and have tried everything. graphics card settings already checked over and are good.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Graphics at 0 fps still low?

Post by jlv »

The last snapshot (2022-11-03 and 2022-11-24) is not optimized yet. I posted it for people who wanted to get started on 4k tracks which are unplayable on older versions. It has an uneven frame rate since it draws too much of the terrain texture at once. It'll be more incremental in future updates.

(That only explains the slow FPS when moving. When you're stopped the new version should be faster due to less texture switching. Not sure what's going on there.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.