Texture rendering issue

Post your questions here
Reed4
Team: Privateer

Texture rendering issue

Post by Reed4 »

I just recently got MX Simulator on my laptop, which is way better spec'd than my old pc so it runs a lot faster, but I have this weird texture rendering issue that I've never seen before. Any help would be appreciated because it really hurts my eyes and makes it hard to play the game.
https://gyazo.com/dede4a66343ea6d7e92fc16cecb313b7
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Texture rendering issue

Post by jlv »

Not sure I see what you're referring to but if it's too blurry for you try increasing "ground texture resolution". Even 4096x4096 is pretty usable on potato PCs.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Reed4

Post by Reed4 »

When I load in, if you watch the ground it starts super blurry and then it loads in, after the ground refreshes 2 times, and when I ride around the ground is constantly refreshing and looks blurred. I tried running the graphics high and low and no matter what the rendering seemed to stay the same.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If you have a nvidia gpu in your laptop, turn on anisotropic filtering to 4, 8 or 16x for mx simulator. That usually helps. Not sure if amd/intel has such an option.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Reed4 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 pm When I load in, if you watch the ground it starts super blurry and then it loads in, after the ground refreshes 2 times, and when I ride around the ground is constantly refreshing and looks blurred. I tried running the graphics high and low and no matter what the rendering seemed to stay the same.
It does incrementally update the terrain textures to avoid stutter. I'll probably make an option to adjust the rate it updates at so you can speed it up for faster systems.

Also, when you make changes to the graphics settings you need to exit and restart the game for them to take effect for most settings.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Reed4

Post by Reed4 »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:55 am
Reed4 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 pm When I load in, if you watch the ground it starts super blurry and then it loads in, after the ground refreshes 2 times, and when I ride around the ground is constantly refreshing and looks blurred. I tried running the graphics high and low and no matter what the rendering seemed to stay the same.
It does incrementally update the terrain textures to avoid stutter. I'll probably make an option to adjust the rate it updates at so you can speed it up for faster systems.

Also, when you make changes to the graphics settings you need to exit and restart the game for them to take effect for most settings.
please add this settings soon that would be the most clutch thing ever and I've restarted the game and tried all different settings and even different settings in my laptop graphics settings but it seems to still do the same thing