MX.exe [NOT OPENING]

Post your questions here
FelkeyDesign
Team: CANVAS MX

MX.exe [NOT OPENING]

Post by FelkeyDesign »

I started having issues with my mx.exe file not opening on Windows 11. I have never had an issue like this, I have made no changes to my computer or game and when I click on the Checkered flag icon the game does nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game using my original product key from email. Opening the game with Version 1.13 the game opens to the menu screen and my FPS is sitting at 8fps. I then installed the latest snapshot update from the forum and I am back to the game not opening at all. Possibly the product link from 2017 is too old of a version?

I currently have updated graphics drivers for my RTX3050 if that makes any difference. I have already googled and checked every other forum regarding this similar issue and I have not been able to troubleshoot this myself. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MX.exe [NOT OPENING]

Post by jlv »

Like I said via email, if it's not the graphics driver it could be an antivirus problem. Try whitelisting mx.exe or disabling the antivirus. There's a similar report in the last snapshot thread so maybe something's triggering a false positive in a virus checker. Although an RTX3050 only getting 8 FPS kind of sounds like something is misconfigured there as well.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.