Bug: Character highlights red in input boxes in Bike Setup screen

Post your questions here
baker

Bug: Character highlights red in input boxes in Bike Setup screen

Post by baker »

On the bike setup screen, if you focus in one of the input boxes such as name, number, gear, helmet, etc and press a character currently entered into the field, that character will turn from white to red. I've seen a similar bug in the Editor that also highlights a single character.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Bug: Character highlights red in input boxes in Bike Setup screen

Post by jlv »

That's actually a feature not a bug. As you type it searches for a matching entry. So if you have gear named "alpha", "gamma" and "lambda" with "alpha" selected and press "a", it'll highlight the "a" to indicate what matches. Then if you press "m" it'll select "gamma" and highlight "am". Then if you press "b" it'll select "lambda" and highlight "amb".

If you press "tab" it'll jump to the next matching entry, and "backspace" will clear the search.

This is really handy if you have a lot of tracks installed and want to find one quick. As an example, if I want 2023 daytona I can just type "2023" <backspace> "da" and I'm there.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

This feature saves my life when searching for my gear and tracks I'm surprised more people don't know about it
baker

Post by baker »

jlv wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:02 am That's actually a feature not a bug. As you type it searches for a matching entry. So if you have gear named "alpha", "gamma" and "lambda" with "alpha" selected and press "a", it'll highlight the "a" to indicate what matches. Then if you press "m" it'll select "gamma" and highlight "am". Then if you press "b" it'll select "lambda" and highlight "amb".

If you press "tab" it'll jump to the next matching entry, and "backspace" will clear the search.

This is really handy if you have a lot of tracks installed and want to find one quick. As an example, if I want 2023 daytona I can just type "2023" <backspace> "da" and I'm there.
A very developer way to respond to a developer. I love it. Thank you for the knowledge!!
baker

Post by baker »

Again, this is awesome cause I wondered why it was so hard to find bikes/gear/tracks. Didn't realize I had basic searching!