Make a SX Track Photoshop with "SX JUMP TEMPLATE" PROBLEM

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Make a SX Track Photoshop with "SX JUMP TEMPLATE" PROBLEM

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

hey guyss!

i'm here cause i need help with track making into photoshop. i wanna make a SX track in photoshop,
and i'm using the sx jump template (there aren't only jumps but even corners). i downloaded the psd file from a youtube guide.
i'm here asking... i made a triple and a whoops session. after saving it as .png and naming it "terrain" i go in game (with editor).
i go to Tilemap edit to apply the changes, once i see they've been appllied, and i try to ride the track, the triple looks oversized, same for the whoops (that was looking like walls).
so what's the problem? the map size?

if anyone could help me i'd apprecciate it!

THANKS!
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
Motoboss

Re: Make a SX Track Photoshop with "SX JUMP TEMPLATE" PROBLE

Post by Motoboss »

You need to adjust the hf file in your track folder .The SX jump template should give info on what to adjust it too if not you will have to play around with it your self.
This file adjusts the size of the tile ,height and resolution..

Terrain.hf
resolution scale minaltitude maxaltitude
eg.
9 2.000000 -5.146564 48.516369

'resolution' specifies the size of the terrain.png and shading.ppm you are using. The formula is 2^(n+1)+1. So 2^(9+1)+1=1025, hence standard tracks use 1025x1025 pixel terrains.

'scale' is in feet/pixel, so standard tracks are 2 feet/pixel.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
KAWASAKIZ

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

Confusion is in my head ahah... Okay, after i'll try. Thanks
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
KAWASAKIZ

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

if i put "9 2.000000 -5.146564 48.516369" on terrain.hf i get this:
if i put the original one "9 2.000000 0.0 500.0":

i understod anything about what you've written :|
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Change the last value. Try 100.00 instead of 500. If the 2 last would be 0.000000 100.00000 that would mean that the lowest part on the track is at 0 foot and that the highest is 100ft. If it still doesn't seem right, if it's too small, gradually increase the last number. If it's too big with 100, gradually decrease the last number.
KAWASAKIZ

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

Now i found a good height. But the triple is reeeaaaaallyyyy long! If someone of you could make a video tutorial that would be really helpful. And i can't fine the guide i watched on How to use this sx jump template
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

I'm not an old hat at this, so take it with a grain of salt I suppose. I've been doing quite a bit of messing around with the template and learning how to build tracks via trial and error over the past month-ish, so I feel your frustration.

First thing I would recommend - and again, others who know better than me can chime in - is to lower your terrain.hf scale. 2 seems huge to me, I have found the most success with something around 1 or less. Basically, in the simple way that I have come to understand it, that scale figure just shrinks your layout - i.e., track width, jump spacing, etc. reduced. I know it is more complicated than that, but IMO for a beginning builder it is the most noticeable change when tweaking the scale. BUT, if you are going for a larger-scaled track, stick with what you want, because ultimately you are the one putting in the work so make something that you like.

To your issue with the triple - just go into PS, select the triple's layer, hit "Ctrl+T" (aka free transform) and stretch/shrink it to your desired length. I haven't found this to be the most ideal if you are doing major changes (especially when the jumps are exactly vertical or horizontal, since stretching at an angle adds more variables), but if you're just trying to make the jump distance a tad shorter, that should work.

Hope this helps.

More experienced builders, please correct anything I have said that is wrong, I'm far from an expert here.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

There was a terrain.hf file supplied with the template if you are using my original.
KAWASAKIZ

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

checkerz please watch PM.

actually i found right height and evrything, having problems with the opacity :roll: