Objects/statues?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
JordanDryer#116
Team: Dryer Bro's Racing

Objects/statues?

Post by JordanDryer#116 »

PLZ tell me how to get objects on the blank track. i downloaded some object packs and extracted them in my personal folder and nothing happened. can someone plz explain it to me. oh and can someone explain the basics of editing (i CAN build jumps and berms) i need help with stuff like "gradient paint" and stuff like that. oh and how do i get more than just stock dirt and grass?
Jordan Dryer #116 Dryer Bro's Racing
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Re: Objects/statues?

Post by MotardMatt220 »

you dont just put them in your personal folder, you have to used Notepad++ to add them in.

Poidog808 made some video tutorials on track making a little while ago, they will really help you out, i cant link you as im in school but just youtube "poidog808" and you're bound to find them
JordanDryer#116

yea i got notepad++ and got some big packs to work but if i want to add 1 thing at a time it confuses me, cuz he says to delete all but the top line code and add the name of object ect.. and everytime i do that i lose my big pack and end up with 1 think like a bail. i guess i just need to play with it more. oh and hey where can i get more ground textures? like grass dirt sand...
JordanDryer#116

and damn bro u dont look 16 lol im guessin u had to move to 125's when u were like 12, i stayed in the 80 class till i was 15 lol
JordanDryer#116

and i meen no disrespect by that
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Hahaha man that not me, you not seen "Im just waiting for a mate?" its the bloke from that
JordanDryer#116

oh lol sry stoner moment
JordanDryer#116

im still a lil lost. i can only get object PACKS to work, adding single items just dont work 4 me. also them youtube vids dident really help "ive already seen them"
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

what objects are you trying to add? i might offer a hand if i can be bothered
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Easy solution: open up any track folder that has statues in it, go onto the statues file, edit with notepad++. Either copy and paste one of the lines in the file into your tracks statues file or study the file until you understand it. It's a lot simpler to understand after watching poidog808's tutorials though, however I don't think he shows how to do statues actually in the file, but he does show you decals and it is very similar. It's not too hard to understand what to do but if you don't understand what I'm saying here, let me know and I will try to explain it in more detail.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Seriously this is not that complicated

Here is a sample line in your statues file:
[1450.000000 0.000000 50.000000] 0.000000 @finishpost.jm @finishbanner-repeat.png @finishpost.shp

Here is what it means:
[The coordinates of the object] (Rotation of the object) (Location of the .jm) (location of the texture for said .jm) (location of the collision file for said obejct)

So lets say you are making a track called "my_track" and you wanted to put an object called "my_object.jm" into your track. You named your texture "my_object.png" and you dont have a collision for it and all the files are located within your track folder.

Here is the line you would need to add (location is arbitrary because you can move and rotate it once you get it in game):
[0 0 0] 0.000000 @my_track/my_object.jm @my_track/my_objectpng null

It really is that simple...
JordanDryer#116

i figured it out
Jessemx67,
Team: Radiant Decals

Post by Jessemx67, »