Losail WIP

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
haggqvist

Losail WIP

Post by haggqvist »

As I don't have much time for MXS anymore I thought I'd share a few things that might be of interest and/or inspiration to other trackmakers.

First out is the unfinished Losail track that was being made for the 2014 GP-series.
The track base was done by Rafagas and the track details and environment by me.

I did a lot of experimenting with using Blender for placing objects and rendering lightmaps while working on this track.
All the shadows and AO for the terrain and objects was baked in Blender with lamps placed where the ingame floodlights are and then combined with the decal overlay.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mchhq ... .losail.7z

I plan to release all the sourcefiles for Losail later but as the folder is about 12GB it'll take some time to upload it.
The terrain .blend file is 1.4GB alone... :lol:
nickuzick

Re: Losail WIP

Post by nickuzick »

<3 Hag
Thanks for the release!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Thanks Hagg!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Thanks Hagg!! May I ask one thing? How is the fences placed around like that (as well as in 13's gp's) where it's seamless, that they go into each other without small gaps or things looking misplaced? They also seem to be "straight" up and not super messy as it may be when placing them in a slope... That's always been on my mind..
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

Thanks, the track rides great!
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Wahlamt wrote:How is the fences placed around like that (as well as in 13's gp's) where it's seamless, that they go into each other without small gaps or things looking misplaced? They also seem to be "straight" up and not super messy as it may be when placing them in a slope... That's always been on my mind..
The crowd barriers on Losail was placed by hand in Blender and then exported to a statues file with a script that Wheels made, i.e. each barrier is a separate object .jm. I think the script has been posted on here somewhere.
The main reason for doing it this way is to be able to render lightmaps for the terrain and other objects in Blender. IMO it is also quicker in some situations.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

haggqvist wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:How is the fences placed around like that (as well as in 13's gp's) where it's seamless, that they go into each other without small gaps or things looking misplaced? They also seem to be "straight" up and not super messy as it may be when placing them in a slope... That's always been on my mind..
The crowd barriers on Losail was placed by hand in Blender and then exported to a statues file with a script that Wheels made, i.e. each barrier is a separate object .jm. I think the script has been posted on here somewhere.
The main reason for doing it this way is to be able to render lightmaps for the terrain and other objects in Blender. IMO it is also quicker in some situations.
Aha, that's almost what I though, some blender-wizard stuff. Thanks for posting, if I ever get around to learn blender, I'll probably try to learn that!
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Post by Nick#126 »

Thanks Hagg!
Nick van Gerwen
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Wahlamt wrote:
haggqvist wrote:
Aha, that's almost what I though, some blender-wizard stuff. Thanks for posting, if I ever get around to learn blender, I'll probably try to learn that!
98% sure its this DDMX tutorial that he is referencing.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=523
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Nope. This post by WHEELS is what I was referring to.
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

Thanks both of you! I'm really interested in looking at those .blends if you decide to release them!
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

The .blend file along with all the other source files for Losail was added here a few hours ago.
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Hey haggvist, i saw yesterday that 2014 mxgp hyvinkää was on 1 server so i was wondering have u made that allso and where can i get it?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Faltsu wrote:Hey haggvist, i saw yesterday that 2014 mxgp hyvinkää was on 1 server so i was wondering have u made that allso and where can i get it?
Storkenmxs server? I have it on mine (<-) and it is the unfinished version he released in another topic, so you can download it. I'm considering trying to add statues since decals and terrain seems to be done. However I won't have time for a while.
conceptgraffmxs
Team: ConceptgraffMXS

Post by conceptgraffmxs »

love this track man really realistic very quality :D