spawnermax
Team: Privateer

speed sensation

Post by spawnermax »

It greatly lack of sensation of speed
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Re: Track Editor and game Suggestions

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

JLV , a key to reload the track when we are on the editor would help , like R key or other, right now theres just 2 ways , load other track and load again the track or go out of the game and launch again, no big problem but a key to reload would be good.

•Do you think is possible that we have texture done by a png file , YxY type, for exemple 2049x2049 or 1025x1025 or 513 or 257 (but atleast 513 to up thought because with just 257x257 i don´t know how it could look , just trying but maybe works and look ok) , but keeping the detail of dirt and grass the game have right now because they are good , if we could do a texture YxY just to change the colors of the dirt and grass would be good , because as it is now all the tracks will look the same colors on all track and tracks (if we dont tweak the shadown colors) .
What is your idiea about this ?

•In the future you go do something about a lean back that will make the bike ride better on woops because right now is impossible (almost :mrgreen: ) ride on big or deep woops ? , maybe when you can fix the suspension movement-up when we do full trotle that will help also.
and lean forward also.

•make the bike turn more fast with a high stability , i belive this will make the supercross tracks more rideble,stable to ride , but maybe this as a beta here for track makers just to see if is better or not cause now is realy hard do a sx track no matter what stability we use .

•Abit of pre-load for jumps would be good also , exemple doing leanback and do leanforward like on mcm2 and mxatv, i think you know what is preload you should have played mxatv and mcm2 thought.

This video show abit of preload on that big triple :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtel9tV98-A

•Make the rider fall of the bike and we need to move it to the bike and then he grabs the bike thats a good idiea.

•Make the rider do more movements on the woops , bumps , landings...

•I think someone have already said this but , a folder on the game instalation for :
rider skins ,
bikes ,
tracks ( just "ziped" tracks inside his own folder or just on "tracks" folder .. ) ,
track editor folder (no big problem here , as it is now is ok but... ) ,
objects folder inside of the track editor folder.

•a "ziper" buton on the editor or outside that zip and locks the track and that is impossible open it , is just possible pack it , not open . I saw what you said on the other topic about this but im not sure how i can do that but will try it when i have a track done.

•put a place on the menu where we choose the tracks for a track pic , not big pic , around 500x250 or 500x300 +\- and put the game to show 15 or 20 track names or more (from up to down and by name or by date also ) and with scrool upd and down buttons , when we have alot of tracks this will be usefull.

•a list of the objects that are already done for the stock tracks and a easy way to add them to custom tracks and easy way to place them.

•Replay , key for fast forward , half the speed of fast backwards because fastbackward now is very fast, too much fast thought.

Some of my wishs list , All for now :P
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

after playing around with the dab/sit button and the cluch you really dont need a preload button because it acurs naturally .......where is the preload button on real life bikes? :P
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

lol , offcorse there is "preload" in real life , not so strong like mxatv or mcm2 , but preload exist in real life .
where is the the bar , break , trotle and scrub whips BUTTON on real life either ? :lol:

Preload is part of leanback and leanforward fast and that do change how we jump , how we curve and how we land real bikes and that join to all we use to race mx bike with trole,break for jumps and berms , if we ride always leanforward to the bar in a real bike is realy hard to do some jumps and because we will jump out of the bike on the next big landing lol

about the preload in real life i will show you that later :D

that´s phisycs and part of our real world and in real life , just do it who knows and who can :mrgreen:
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

i know it exsists in real life but im saying why have it as a button ingame when it already naturally exsists with the games physics. If you get on the gas hard it compresses the suspension, and on a jump it acts as preload
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

It doesn´t exists as it "should" be , to me , lean back its not on game , just midle position and forward position is there and its not just a button to press , its a rider movement from the rear fender to the bar that is very important to me.
I know what you mean about the "get on the gas hard" and i agree with you on that , i use that all the time to do good jumps and on real bikes put the gas off a bit and on the face of the jump put full gas helps alot to do good jumps because do a jump without power (trotle off) or on full RPM where the bike dont have any more to give is to crash but depends on what type of jump ,

about the suspension compressed with gas on , that doesn´t hapen now , when we put the gas on , the suspension goes up insted of so down to have more force on the rear wheel and more force means more traction , i notice more traction with the midle position of the rider but game need lean back till the rider seats almost on the rear fender and that "should" change the bike reaction and traction and in the air because the wheight in more on the rear and the same goes to the lean-forward but somewhat inverted in the dirt and in the air also , thats why i said we need leanback an forward and this will help alot on sx tracks , about lean back-forward preload i mean abit just not like mxatv but just some to ride better on sx tracks and to be even more real.

This is what i feel and my thoughts from my experience from riding real mx bikes , im not a pro rider but i have alot of hours , days , months on my fingers of ride real mx bikes , not supercross but mx tracks and alot trail mountain valeys riding and alot full weekends just driving mx bikes and 1 thing very important to do good laps is the balance the rider need to do backwards and forwards and the inverse and the streght (force ) we need to put on the pegs of the bike left or right is also very important (this we dont have in the game but i understand) .

Im not complaining about any thing , is just my thoughts and what i feell :D

btw royalswiss means what ?
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

I agree with you on the suspension should compress under accelaration, and i think JLV adressed this with some experimiting with the physics. I also agree that there needs to be leaning controlls, but not for preload. When i was invited to run the Lasvegas supercross in 2005 on an 85 i had never ridden on a pro supercross track, closest thing was arenacross but thats nuthing compared to a supercross track. I learned quickly that its a constant struggle for traction and i think that is the reason you see riders leaned so far back out of corners not to compress the suspension for the jump but to get enough traction to clear it. When you preload a jump such as one right out of a corner you dont move over the bars to release the force compressed in the suspension but to get the front to go back down. I dont know if it is the same for the large triples as i didnt do any of them :P but i do remember constantly being on the back of the seat out of the corners right up till lift off then having to pull myself up over the bars to get the front end down.

In the game the bikes act very much like this, i found on dankes SX that if i help the bike pinned when i jump onto a table top it would leap back off just the same as in real life, the result is much better if you use the clutch but that can get complicated. Also on my SX i found that especially on the section right after the first turn the while riding the berm if you are sitting/dabed and release right befor take off it gives you a little bit more distance//hight and it makes that praticular jump more smooth. Also if you are iin a rythm section and you over jump a jump landing on the face of the next, it gives you an even greater "preload" boost, as long as you stay hard on the gas, otherwise you just stop :P
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

#but not for preload# , preload is a real thing and for a simulation game is important like trotle slide , break or trotle .

You have to lean back as you can to go for the jump and then lean forward and that what i call preload and its required and that gives you abit more than a normal jump that do you just in the midle position , and faster you do leanforward better .

"i think that is the reason you see riders leaned so far back out of corners not to compress the suspension for the jump but to get enough traction to clear it... "
To get the best traction you have to lean back as you can and as you are almost in line for the jump and that will make the suspension compressed because the weight is more on the rear of the bike , its like a natural thing , if the suspension dont go down that means that you are not makeing strenght on the rear tires , and if your dont have the most streght you can on the rear tire so you dont have the best traction on your bike , lean is very important , back or forward is important and make you go more fast to the landing than a normal jump.
You dont have to release nothing like a buton , after lean-back to get all traction possible you have to lean forward fast and that will make a impulse to jump abit more , its diferent if you just jump whith trotle or if you jump with bouth lean's , with lean you jump more and thats what i cal preload , its not like a buton you clik that puts nitro on your engine lol.

"i do remember constantly being on the back of the seat out of the corners right up till lift off then having to pull myself up over the bars to get the front end down"
And thats right , but in the moment you put your wheels on the face of the jump and you are leaned-back and with trotle , if you leanforward and push the bar with streght forward you get abit more of the jump because all the weight goes forward and all the mass gets a impulsion and jump abit more , its phisycs.
Last edited by VRT_JPRLisbon_ on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I agree with you about the preload. The current rider positioning is either sitting forward, or standing centered. To preload a jump you want to be sitting further back.

But more flexible rider positioning is not a simple change. It will affect almost everything in the game and if I did it right now it could delay the full game significantly. So, expect something to remedy that, but not until after the full game is released.

As far as making the bike turn faster with high stability, the reason high stability is more stable is because it turns slower. It is sort of mutually exclusive. The best I could do is try to adjust it depending on what the rider is doing, but it's hard to guess right.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

i see im just worried that it will affect how our tracks a ridin, there for making the tracks we have/are making useless or less usefull. You see?

And btw my Phoenix is like 100% off, haha im probably going todo a total remake or just fix the versioni have now to a fun state and base it off of Phoenix not a replica. If i dont totally remake it i will then concentrate on Southwick since everyone seems to have abbandoned(sp) me with the CTP :(
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"