Problems exporting an object in blender

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
ricky452russell

Problems exporting an object in blender

Post by ricky452russell »

I'm using blender 2.7 and I imported an object I made in SketchUp because I'm trash at modeling with blender, I'm just hoping my SketchUp model is the same measurement ratio as in game. I did try googling all my issues but couldn't find anything

This is the tutorial I'm referring to http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=523

Lastly, make sure that you have the banner object selected in object mode and hit "Control" and "A". Select "Scale and Rotation to ObData"
This pulled up the apply menu but I didn't have a scale and rotation to ObData option. Just scale and rotation, I don't think that's what I want...

37. In the UV/Image Editor Window select UV's > Scripts > Save UV Face Layout
I went there and scripts weren't there. Someone told me to "export UV layout" so I'm not sure if that's where I went wrong

38. Click ok in the dialogue box if it says "size: 1024" and "wire: 2"
So on the export UV layout page the size is 1024x1024 but I didn't see wire:2. I saved it as a .png but my other options were .eps and .svg. I'm assuming this is because I did export UV layout instead of scripts :roll:

42. Go into the 3d view window and make sure your banner is selected in object mode. Scroll back into the text editor window and select File > Run Python Script.
I had JLVs export script for 2.63 loaded but when I pressed run script it didn't seem to do anything. I think I found it in file > export > MX Simulator model and just went with that

I went ahead and tried to import it in game hoping it would work but it didn't. I'm pretty sure I named everything right and I tried putting it in both of my two track folders one at a time, the one in my personal folder and the one in appdata
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: Problems exporting an object in blender

Post by Jeremy150 »

ricky452russell wrote:This pulled up the apply menu but I didn't have a scale and rotation to ObData option. Just scale and rotation, I don't think that's what I want...
Yeah, you're on a newer version of blender than that tutorial so it no longer says ObData. You still want to apply the rotation and scale
ricky452russell wrote: 37. In the UV/Image Editor Window select UV's > Scripts > Save UV Face Layout
I went there and scripts weren't there. Someone told me to "export UV layout" so I'm not sure if that's where I went wrong
This is no longer needed, all you need to do is exactly what you did. File > Export > MX Sim Model (.JM)
ricky452russell wrote: 42. Go into the 3d view window and make sure your banner is selected in object mode. Scroll back into the text editor window and select File > Run Python Script.
I had JLVs export script for 2.63 loaded but when I pressed run script it didn't seem to do anything. I think I found it in file > export > MX Simulator model and just went with that
This is also no longer needed.
ricky452russell wrote: I went ahead and tried to import it in game hoping it would work but it didn't. I'm pretty sure I named everything right and I tried putting it in both of my two track folders one at a time, the one in my personal folder and the one in appdata
Basically all you need to do now is make sure the model is unwrapped and you set your origin point to where you want it. Apply the rotation and scale and export it.
ChaosLasse
Team: Privateer

Post by ChaosLasse »

I also have a problem with exporting from Blender 2.82a to MX Sim.

Does any one know what I need to do, to get my object alwasy standing perpendicular to a plane of the horizon and not perpendicular to the ground the object stands on?

So that I can, for example, place trees on a hill side without the tree leaning to to lower side of the hill.

I think when I used blender 2.79, for this kind of object, I just needed to apply rotation and scale while z was the "up" axis of the object.
For the ones which needed to be perpendicular to the ground, the -y axis just was used as the "up" axis.

In 2.82a this doesnt work for me, when I apply scale and rotation, or only the scale, it still snaps perpendicular to the ground...

Should I just go back to the older version for this or has anyone a solution?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

ChaosLasse wrote:I also have a problem with exporting from Blender 2.82a to MX Sim.

Does any one know what I need to do, to get my object alwasy standing perpendicular to a plane of the horizon and not perpendicular to the ground the object stands on?

So that I can, for example, place trees on a hill side without the tree leaning to to lower side of the hill.

I think when I used blender 2.79, for this kind of object, I just needed to apply rotation and scale while z was the "up" axis of the object.
For the ones which needed to be perpendicular to the ground, the -y axis just was used as the "up" axis.

In 2.82a this doesnt work for me, when I apply scale and rotation, or only the scale, it still snaps perpendicular to the ground...

No, that's a setting you apply in your statues file. Just set the object rotation to this and it will stand straight up and down, rather than perpendicular to the ground.

ChaosLasse
Team: Privateer

Post by ChaosLasse »

aeffertz wrote:
ChaosLasse wrote:I also have a problem with exporting from Blender 2.82a to MX Sim.

No, that's a setting you apply in your statues file. Just set the object rotation to this and it will stand straight up and down, rather than perpendicular to the ground.

Well thats an easy fix, thanks man!