[nan nan] decals

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
pbjfilms
Team: Privateer

[nan nan] decals

Post by pbjfilms »

For the longest time when I would go to finish up a track and be working on decals they would just be gone next time I loaded in. I made sure to save it and I got annoyed of it and finally gave up on tracks. ( So I have a ton of tracks that just need decals ) moving on, I did some digging in the decals file and some lines have [nan nan] as the coordinate and every line of decals after that does not show up on the track. I was wondering why do I get the "nan" because it is very annoying to deal with.
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Re: [nan nan] decals

Post by jgmtbike »

I would go into someone else's track and compare your line vs theirs. You're missing a number somewhere in there I believe. Might be wrong but if I'm recalling correctly I believe their is a number in between the 2 coordinate numbers that determines the rotation of the decal or something like that.
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jgmtbike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:26 pm I would go into someone else's track and compare your line vs theirs. You're missing a number somewhere in there I believe. Might be wrong but if I'm recalling correctly I believe their is a number in between the 2 coordinate numbers that determines the rotation of the decal or something like that.
NaN, that stands for not number I think. So notepad thinks your using numbers that aren't real. This could be a problem with notepad++ itself, have you updated or tried reinstalling it entirely?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's not notepad since notepad just sees it as text. The NaNs are either from a bug in the game or bad numbers in the decals file to begin with. I guess it could also be a hardware error but that's pretty unlikely.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Used a comma instead of a dot as a decimal separator perhaps when you first put the decals in?