Help- Creating an overlay texture.

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
garettcrose
Team: Privateer

Help- Creating an overlay texture.

Post by garettcrose »

I’ve been seeing all these tracks that have one decal placed in the middle covering the entire map and they make the tracks look so good. I’ve tried to steal them but they all have the track layout on the overlay if you know what I mean. So I’m not able to make my own track layout without it looking all janky with decals placed over the already existing track.
Can anyone help me make one of these. I’m willing to pay someone to guide me through on discord or if you want to give me a link to blank overlays that are textured I will pay. Really want to try using one to make my tracks look better but I just don’t understand how
baker

Re: Help- Creating an overlay texture.

Post by baker »

I'm also curious on this as well. I can't do decaling worth a crap and it's been difficult for me to decal tracks -- when I made tracks for MVA it was just the one large image for a decal. From what I've seen its similar with doing the one overlay, but I haven't been able to get that to look good... just all blurry. I tried last night creating an overlay + a norm for it, but same results. So I'd also appreciate help here too. :)
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

I did a tutorial that got deleted and never uploaded a few years ago after I released my Sandbox track. You basically have to start from scratch, not even gonna lie I have used MXS decals to make my overlay in PS.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
baker

Post by baker »

137 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:44 pm I did a tutorial that got deleted and never uploaded a few years ago after I released my Sandbox track. You basically have to start from scratch, not even gonna lie I have used MXS decals to make my overlay in PS.
That's the route i was going, but as I said, blurry as could be.
garettcrose

Post by garettcrose »

It’s such a pain in the ass to try to figure out
MatRob14
Team: Dad

Post by MatRob14 »

It takes a fair bit of work and practice to get a good overlay. Perry does some of the best overlays i have seen in sim and he has shown me a few things that I could pass on, but I am not the best at them by far. I’ve been thinking about making a base PSD template for this who want to have a crack at overlays.
If you love what I do you can donate to the cause.

PayPal - matrobinson15@gmail.com
garettcrose

Post by garettcrose »

MatRob14 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:53 am It takes a fair bit of work and practice to get a good overlay. Perry does some of the best overlays i have seen in sim and he has shown me a few things that I could pass on, but I am not the best at them by far. I’ve been thinking about making a base PSD template for this who want to have a crack at overlays.
Would you mine maybe hopping in a discord with me at some point and helping me out? I’m not the greatest at photoshop and have no clue where to even start
baker

Post by baker »

garettcrose wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:12 pm I’ve been seeing all these tracks that have one decal placed in the middle covering the entire map and they make the tracks look so good. I’ve tried to steal them but they all have the track layout on the overlay if you know what I mean. So I’m not able to make my own track layout without it looking all janky with decals placed over the already existing track.
Can anyone help me make one of these. I’m willing to pay someone to guide me through on discord or if you want to give me a link to blank overlays that are textured I will pay. Really want to try using one to make my tracks look better but I just don’t understand how
I dug up this https://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopi ... =11&t=3606