2021 MC

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: 2021 MC

Post by MOTOZ293 »

serious question. I know you have a monopoly on models rn, but why are you charging $100 for this when you just redid plastics and seat. I feel like it would be better to charge people who already have the KTM (since you/jeremy keep track of whos bought it) an upgrade fee of $30 for example. And for people who havent bought the KTM charge full price or a package deal?
Chandler Bloxom
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by Chandler Bloxom »

MOTOZ293 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:36 am serious question. I know you have a monopoly on models rn, but why are you charging $100 for this when you just redid plastics and seat. I feel like it would be better to charge people who already have the KTM (since you/jeremy keep track of whos bought it) an upgrade fee of $30 for example. And for people who havent bought the KTM charge full price or a package deal?
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

You sir, are a pimp.
Gilmar_Austin
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Lucas Oil/TLD Honda

Post by Gilmar_Austin »

MOTOZ293 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:36 am serious question. I know you have a monopoly on models rn, but why are you charging $100 for this when you just redid plastics and seat. I feel like it would be better to charge people who already have the KTM (since you/jeremy keep track of whos bought it) an upgrade fee of $30 for example. And for people who havent bought the KTM charge full price or a package deal?
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Man I wish some of you guys were around for the good old days, Back in 2010 DJ released these Yamahas, free of charge. He would even put on a skin for it that you made and let you choose the bike parts if you asked nicely. Then in 2011 he released all of the Yamaha files in a puzzle where each correct answer got you closer to unlocking the prize.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?t=5933

Then there was the Wilson, Gio, HV etc. Honda that was released for free, with a template. For everyone to enjoy.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9173

Also one of the most important things about these OG models, is the poly count. They kept a reasonably low poly count while still punching out a good looking model. These days there's guys modelling chains with as many polys as DJ's complete Yamaha (may be a slight exageration but you ge the idea.)
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

dylan22 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:24 am Man I wish some of you guys were around for the good old days, Back in 2010 DJ released these Yamahas, free of charge. He would even put on a skin for it that you made and let you choose the bike parts if you asked nicely. Then in 2011 he released all of the Yamaha files in a puzzle where each correct answer got you closer to unlocking the prize.

Then there was the Wilson, Gio, HV etc. Honda that was released for free, with a template. For everyone to enjoy.

Also one of the most important things about these OG models, is the poly count. They kept a reasonably low poly count while still punching out a good looking model. These days there's guys modelling chains with as many polys as DJ's complete Yamaha (may be a slight exageration but you ge the idea.)
That's why I got something special coming for you guys, just be patient :roll:
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

dylan22 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:24 am Man I wish some of you guys were around for the good old days, Back in 2010 DJ released these Yamahas, free of charge. He would even put on a skin for it that you made and let you choose the bike parts if you asked nicely. Then in 2011 he released all of the Yamaha files in a puzzle where each correct answer got you closer to unlocking the prize.

Sure they were free, but now a days those models look terrible. Those models were released 9 years ago. Could you imagine playing any other game that was keeping the same thing around for 9 years Bc it was free and ran a game better. That would be horrible. It’s still good that we pay for models Bc those look the best and the creators deserve to make money from their hard work
Prada

Post by Prada »

sick!
CustomMX
Team: Privateer

Post by CustomMX »

Is the blend still for sale? Messaged on here and Discord but don't get any replies :cry:
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

MOTOZ293 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:33 pm
dylan22 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:24 am Man I wish...
Sure they were free, but now a days those models look terrible. Those models were released 9 years ago. Could you imagine playing any other game that was keeping the same thing around for 9 years Bc it was free and ran a game better. That would be horrible. It’s still good that we pay for models Bc those look the best and the creators deserve to make money from their hard work
True ass words, Zoa. You are absolutely right.

Thank you Isaiah for creating this 'beaut of a model! And for all other creators still creating in this community! You all are the backbone to this game.

Much appreciation for every one who plays this game. It's a unique, rare community that only a few hundred people are part of out of the billions of people in the world. It really is a beautiful community, even with all the hatred and downfalls. I love you Sim Community. <3
defaultvisuals

Post by defaultvisuals »

Love this bike!
instagram.com/defaultvisuals
instagram.com/defaultgfx
ECHOBLAZEE
Team: Privateer

Post by ECHOBLAZEE »

hey can you message me on discord ECHOBLAZEE#4872 got some questions cause i was told this is in mx bikes
IsaiahDickerson60
Team: Tegridy

Post by IsaiahDickerson60 »

https://discord.gg/enVC9ABw
Be sure to join my new model Discord for more help and info!