skin making rules

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Freddy694

Re: skin making rules

Post by Freddy694 »

what i think is just common sense, you pay the creator for the gear/model and you can use it. if someone wants you to make their team pack for money then make sure you own the rights to that gear/model first and then make sure they buy the rights to the gear/model from the creator and just by common sense dont charge more than what the original creator did bcus you're putting in <5% of the effort the creator did. even if you do the work for free make sure you and the person recieving it has bought the rights to use it from said creator.

Thats MY way to look at it and remember its an individual case from creator to creator so just ask the creator before you do anything stupid.
phobiiaz
Team: Jack Daniels Racing

Post by phobiiaz »

Freddy694 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:16 am The point you make with printers and stuff is just Wierd, when you buy a Set of gear from the actual maker irl you then go to a graphics shop to get Numbers yes, but the graphics company does not duplicate your set of gear and start selling it to a lot of other people he just printed your name/number on a vinyl sheet that you couldnt and he charged for the vinyl and maintenance to his machines and so on so its uncomparable to sim.
Precisely. Freddy confirmed smartest man on planet. MEGA
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

phobiiaz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:29 pm
LilElevator739 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm I kinda just got into the community and I'm a bit confused by the "rules". I was watching a guy on twitch put numbers on gear and the trademark said something like you can only use the gear for yourself and your team and you can't make team packs or gear for friends. This "rule" kinda confused me because didn't they make their gear on a model some guy made? By their own logic shouldn't they only be able to use that model to make gear for themselves and their team and not be able to sell it? It seems like its a bit hypocritical. I don't mean to start any arguments I'd just like some logical discussion on what the skinning "rules" should be. I was wanting to get some gear for myself but I don't have photoshop so by the rules that were on that trademark on the gear I can't pay someone to make me any so I would have to find a team to join?
To answer your question.. Yes that person that made that gear you are talking about, did make it on a model that they bought from another creator.. The disconnect you're having is that the gear that is made on that model is a "skin", therefore the creator is allowed to sell their skins to the community on the specific model i.e "JRE Model".. Now to explain why "you can only use the gear for yourself and your team and you can't make team packs or gear for friends." ... This rule is set in place for the specific reason that you stated i.e "I can't pay someone to make me any." Those rules are set in place to pay the ACTUAL CREATOR of the gear like myself (phobiiaz), and not a reseller just putting name and numbers on gear that they did NOT make or put time/effort into... Ripping and Reselling are a big problem, and as a creator like myself, you tend to put "rules" in place for people to follow so your hard work doesn't get resold. Its to protect the creator of said skin, and help the creator maximize profits from long hours of making those skins... A lot of people don't understand how much actually goes into making good gear... Ive been skinning for over 2 years now, and I put a lot of time and effort into my gear. To answer your question about "so I would have to find a team to join?"... You have actually 2 options, you can contact that actual creator of those skins that you are interested in and buy a "SAF" with your name and number on the back, OR you can join a team and get free skins from the team that bought that creators gear.. You also have a 3rd option as well, and that is to buy photoshop yourself, buy the JRE model, and learn how to make gear. Overall to circle back to the main point here, you should be contacting the actual creator of that gear you are interested in.
What bums me out is how a lot of you guys just don't respond. This includes you. I've had cash sitting and waiting to be spent on content for this game and people just don't answer me. It's disappointing. I want to support the creators that keep this game alive but they won't let me. Is what it is I guess.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

Worldeater wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 pm What bums me out is how a lot of you guys just don't respond. This includes you. I've had cash sitting and waiting to be spent on content for this game and people just don't answer me. It's disappointing. I want to support the creators that keep this game alive but they won't let me. Is what it is I guess.
I know that this is a problem as ive had struggles with this myself, sometimes you just have a lot to do and might open a message on work or something and forget about it but its Also really annoying with some kids that send 15 messages in one day, if you dont get a reply within the first day just send a reminder with a good tone like hey i dunno if u forgot about me but i want to get this bla bla bla, and then you Also learn who is just asking for price every time and who actually buy stuff so after a while you just stop answering to not waste ur time
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

Worldeater wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 pm
What bums me out is how a lot of you guys just don't respond. This includes you. I've had cash sitting and waiting to be spent on content for this game and people just don't answer me. It's disappointing. I want to support the creators that keep this game alive but they won't let me. Is what it is I guess.
Did you msg me on discord? Because I have not seen new requests in a while
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

Freddy694 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Also learn who is just asking for price every time and who actually buy stuff so after a while you just stop answering to not waste ur time
This is big.. I get kids all the time that just ask the price then never reply back lol
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

phobiiaz wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:19 pm
Worldeater wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Did you msg me on discord? Because I have not seen new requests in a while
I both PM'd you here and sent a friend request on Discord.
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

Worldeater wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:03 am
I both PM'd you here and sent a friend request on Discord.
I added you on discord cause I don’t have a friend request from you. I tried messaging you on discord but it says we need to be friends first
cnigrin285
Team: Boots House

Post by cnigrin285 »

phobiiaz wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:20 pm
Freddy694 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Also learn who is just asking for price every time and who actually buy stuff so after a while you just stop answering to not waste ur time
This is big.. I get kids all the time that just ask the price then never reply back lol
There nothing wrong with asking the price so I understand them asking and then not responding. I always try to respond with something. Maybe adding your price on the forum post will stop that confusing.
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

cnigrin285 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm
There nothing wrong with asking the price so I understand them asking and then not responding. I always try to respond with something. Maybe adding your price on the forum post will stop that confusing.
Chucky, its called proper etiquette. If you are asking for a price, I'm assuming you are interested in the gear... If you arent interested in the gear after I tell them my price, then just say "Okay, thanks but I'm not interested."
cnigrin285
Team: Boots House

Post by cnigrin285 »

phobiiaz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:34 pm
cnigrin285 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Chucky, its called proper etiquette. If you are asking for a price, I'm assuming you are interested in the gear... If you aren't interested in the gear after I tell them my price, then just say "Okay, thanks but I'm not interested."
I agree that they should respond but I understand why they don't . I think adding your price up front will stop that.
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

cnigrin285 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:07 am
Chucky, its called proper etiquette. If you are asking for a price, I'm assuming you are interested in the gear... If you aren't interested in the gear after I tell them my price, then just say "Okay, thanks but I'm not interested."
I agree that they should respond but I understand why they don't . I think adding your price up front will stop that.

[/quote]

I don’t add price up front because sometimes it varies depending on how much they want, I sometimes give discounts if people buy in bulk, or if they are a returning customer.