skin making rules

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
KR-Money
Team: KR's Pyramid Scheme

Re: skin making rules

Post by KR-Money »

Freddy694 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:57 pm And not to mention a lot of stuff ive made is free too so There is for sure a lot to choose from if you dont want to pay the price for gear
It's too bad they suck. Guess I'll keep paying... :roll: :wink:
phobiiaz
Team: Jack Daniels Racing

Post by phobiiaz »

I would agree with Freddy on this one as well. Making your prices cheaper, only would actually make the reselling worse imo. I only sell my collections for 20$ USD per collection now. If you buy in bulk it gets pricey but it’s the price you pay for premium content that takes days / weeks to make. Pricing really doesn’t change anything but how much money the actual creator is making. At the end of the day, if people are so inclined to say that gear and content is getting more expensive, then why not just go learn how to make gear? Go pay for photoshop from month to month, buy all the models to skin on.. People act like we are emptying their pockets when we charge our prices for our content, but they don’t ever think about how much money we put into it, just to get a small return back from it.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

Nonono this is mxs we dont pay for Photoshop we get the ripped link from a randy friend on discord wdym pay :roll:
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

As Said ive always tried to put out at least 2-3 different brands of free gear every year with the exact same quality as the other gearsets ive charged well over 100/200/300 for so there absolutley isnt any quality differ and so There isnt a must to buy any of my other gear, but then we have those people that say my free stuff is bad and then Come to me later wanting to buy stuff so the majority of this problem isnt the creators not doing free stuff its the players in this community that make you Lose the drive to do free stuff because they dont appreciate it and wont be grateful for what they get.
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

Freddy694 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:19 pm Nonono this is mxs we dont pay for Photoshop we get the ripped link from a randy friend on discord wdym pay :roll:
Oh snap I totally forgot :roll:
cnigrin285
Team: Boots House

Post by cnigrin285 »

So if a graphic company buys a template from a company that makes the template. You all are saying they cant sell the graphics?
Just don't make sense to me, If you buy a psd you should have rights to make $ off it. Just seems kinda selfish to me.
To me its hurting the community for example someone gets the game they have to pay $20 for a psd and then buy photoshop then learn how to make it. Resellers kind of keep the game alive. (like i know people who have came in the game so they can have the irl setup)

(I respect it if i buy from someone i just disagree)
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Post by white327 »

The only solution really, is have all the teams have the gear maker (aka freddy, phobiaz, KR, etc) make all the team kits, and deal with all the kids wanting their name and # on their gear for free or $5. That about right?
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

cnigrin285 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:29 pm So if a graphic company buys a template from a company that makes the template. You all are saying they cant sell the graphics?
The template is sold with the rights to fabricate from it. Not the rights to re-sell the template. Which is the primary difference.
If the content seller sets out rights and the purchaser agrees to these, they must be adhered to. This isn't to say it's right or fair but at the same time, the market dictates. If people are agreeing to this and purchasing under these rights of use, then it is what it is. If enough people disagree, they can opt-out and not purchase the gear in which case the creator would logically change the rights of use or result in not selling their content.

I don't agree with the ideology of selling moded content. History has shown it to kill communities. But that's a different kettle of fish.

The rights of use (because MXS uses a sloppy open market), are on a case-by-case basis. It would be good if all content creators that wanted to sell used the same rights of use that covered this issue.

The solutions I can think of are:

- The seller of the gear, has a service for selling gear with numbers.
* This could include pack deals for teams or friends.
- Technically if you purchase the gear 5 times, then have someone with photoshop purchase the gear. They can put numbers on those 5 sets of gear, which you distribute to your 5 team members. Because you're paying for the service from the photoshop user it isn't re-selling.
*With this said, there's no reason you can't purchase the gear, go to another gear owner and have them photoshop the numbers on for a fee.

Obviously, none of this is legal in and of itself, you're buying illegal content. They have no right to sell gear that is a replica without seeking permission from the original creator. With that said, I'd imagine they would be required to pay royalties. Hence why I find this ordeal stupid.

I'm not advocating people to rip gear. I am however saying, there is no legal or moral leg for them to stand on. Further to this, if I brought a gear DLC and added numbers to it, not one person here would bat an eye.
One set of rules for them, another for corporations.
Hi
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

cnigrin285 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:29 pm So if a graphic company buys a template from a company that makes the template. You all are saying they cant sell the graphics?
Just don't make sense to me, If you buy a psd you should have rights to make $ off it. Just seems kinda selfish to me.
To me its hurting the community for example someone gets the game they have to pay $20 for a psd and then buy photoshop then learn how to make it. Resellers kind of keep the game alive. (like i know people who have came in the game so they can have the irl setup)

You aren't buying a template from us.. you are buying Skins that we make from JREs template.. I think you need to think about what you just said cause it kind of doesn't make sense. If you buy the PSD, you should respect the creators rules, end of story. Also if you really wanna get technical about it, if you buy gear from one of the creators, you are suppose to own the JRE model before buying the gear. That goes for any model in the game. I was told this by an OG who isnt around anymore from the beginning of wanting to buy gear or bikes.. No one is saying you cant make free stuff for your friends that want their IRL setup, the problem is the reselling and making more money off the putting name and numbers on the gear, than me making the gear itself.. Now do you understand?? They put no work into the gear yet they throw a name and number on the back of it, after they purchase the gear from a creator, and then make more than what the creator is making.. Meanwhile the creator of the skin is pouring days/weeks into making good quality gear or even models. If someone wants that gear that the creator made, then they should go to the creator and buy it off of them OR if their friend had already bought the gear, have them put your name and number on the back for FREE if they don't own photoshop.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

cnigrin285 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:29 pm Resellers kind of keep the game alive.
:|
white327 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:36 pm The only solution really, is have all the teams have the gear maker (aka freddy, phobiaz, KR, etc) make all the team kits, and deal with all the kids wanting their name and # on their gear for free or $5. That about right?
You're not supposed to be here anymore, you have a life now
cnigrin285

Post by cnigrin285 »

phobiiaz wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:32 am

You aren't buying a template from us.. you are buying Skins that we make from JREs template.. I think you need to think about what you just said cause it kind of doesn't make sense. If you buy the PSD, you should respect the creators rules, end of story. Also if you really wanna get technical about it, if you buy gear from one of the creators, you are suppose to own the JRE model before buying the gear. That goes for any model in the game. I was told this by an OG who isnt around anymore from the beginning of wanting to buy gear or bikes.. No one is saying you cant make free stuff for your friends that want their IRL setup, the problem is the reselling and making more money off the putting name and numbers on the gear, than me making the gear itself.. Now do you understand?? They put no work into the gear yet they throw a name and number on the back of it, after they purchase the gear from a creator, and then make more than what the creator is making.. Meanwhile the creator of the skin is pouring days/weeks into making good quality gear or even models. If someone wants that gear that the creator made, then they should go to the creator and buy it off of them OR if their friend had already bought the gear, have them put your name and number on the back for FREE if they don't own photoshop.
With all do respect i just disagree. I did think about what I said and I still stand buy it. Now I do respect the creators rules always have i can still disagree i love everyone putting stuff out for us. Now I have had to show proof to buy the jre before. So obviously that makes sense. So to go with what you said now if a graphic company buys a printer the cant make money off that? They can make more then the company making the printer.
So if you buy a irl gearset you have to pay to numbers on it. Same thing thats going on. Almost every market makes more then the resellers so to me your argument is invalid.
phobiiaz

Post by phobiiaz »

cnigrin285 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 am
With all do respect i just disagree. I did think about what I said and I still stand buy it. Now I do respect the creators rules always have i can still disagree i love everyone putting stuff out for us. Now I have had to show proof to buy the jre before. So obviously that makes sense. So to go with what you said now if a graphic company buys a printer the cant make money off that? They can make more then the company making the printer.
So if you buy a irl gearset you have to pay to numbers on it. Same thing thats going on. Almost every market makes more then the resellers so to me your argument is invalid.
Your analogies are all over the place Chucky. Reselling is the reason why content creators are leaving this community. Don’t you understand that? It’s not rocket science. Literally there are kids that would buy my gear from before, and then resell it with team packs and make 3x more than me, and all they did was put name and numbers on gear they don’t even know how to make. Do you not see a problem with that? Saying my argument is invalid.. Meanwhile your analogies and points are all over the place. And yes, technically you are supposed to own the said model if you are going to buy skins for it. That has been a rule for a lot of OG creators. It’s simple. Respect the rules from the creators and you’ll get great quality content for an amazing game and it’ll keep it fresh. If not, the game will continue down the path it’s going in my opinion.
cnigrin285

Post by cnigrin285 »

phobiiaz wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:52 am
cnigrin285 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 am
Your analogies are all over the place Chucky. Reselling is the reason why content creators are leaving this community. Don’t you understand that? It’s not rocket science. Literally there are kids that would buy my gear from before, and then resell it with team packs and make 3x more than me, and all they did was put name and numbers on gear they don’t even know how to make. Do you not see a problem with that? Saying my argument is invalid.. Meanwhile your analogies and points are all over the place. And yes, technically you are supposed to own the said model if you are going to buy skins for it. That has been a rule for a lot of OG creators. It’s simple. Respect the rules from the creators and you’ll get great quality content for an amazing game and it’ll keep it fresh. If not, the game will continue down the path it’s going in my opinion.
Again i respect the rules of the creators i just disagree with some of the creators rules. What I said may go all over the place but they have points seem and valid to me.
KR-Money
Team: KR's Pyramid Scheme

Post by KR-Money »

This thread still clackin'?
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

The point you make with printers and stuff is just Wierd, when you buy a Set of gear from the actual maker irl you then go to a graphics shop to get Numbers yes, but the graphics company does not duplicate your set of gear and start selling it to a lot of other people he just printed your name/number on a vinyl sheet that you couldnt and he charged for the vinyl and maintenance to his machines and so on so its uncomparable to sim.