2023 CRF

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: 2023 CRF

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

CatfishMcStevenson wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:11 am affording it is not the issue. im a big boy. i have a real job. and how is it hard to understand "how anything works? you act like its rocket science. its not. and if it was you probably wouldnt be doing it. i know people who have learned blender fairly quick and been able to model objects in no time. anyone can get on youtube and learn how to do it if they have the desire. so if you think it takes years to "understand how modeling works", maybe you should be doing something else. my bottom line is that you can buy this game for around $40. so youre expecting people to pay 4-5 times of what the game costs just for a bike in game? gear and models are out there for free, and i understand that it is a persons choice to buy anything they want. then when someone releases a model they get big dick syndrome and freak out when everyone shares their shit because its so overpriced. Like shit if you are trying to make money, take your modeling "expertise" somewhere else and make real money. pump out some more free shit for these kids that are getting into mx sim other than trying to price gouge 12 year olds (or atleast make it affordable). i know that you released the yami recently and it was good. props. regardless of the quality, these paid models are rediculously priced. i bet you can get on damn near any sim discord and find atleast a few people with ripped models. if they were decently priced i bet more people would chip in for a guy to make a few bucks here and there. myself and a few guys now are in the process of having some 23 models made for free release by people who actually do it for a living just to give the middle finger to assholes trying to rip people on cash. "when i have no idea how anything works" stay in your lane :lol:
You're so ignorant it hurts. Quality is gonna cost you $$$, just how the world works. Personally I would not spend thousands of hours mastering modeling then spend hundreds of hours building all parts to a bike from the ground up then not charge $150 for my time. Even if modeling was my job and I had learned over the years mastering quality of modeling, it's still a lot of hours regardless.

Saying they should go take their talent somewhere else is also ignorant as hell. I bet most of the modelers have full time modeling jobs and would spend the little free time they did to build a high quality bike for the game. Then when they asked to be compensated for their work, assholes like you tell them to go fuck themselves for charging. Then they leave the game, and have more modelers leaving than ones coming in.

Don't buy it if you're not willing to pay for it, that's the freedom of capitalism. But don't sit here and trash people for wanting compensation for their work.
CatfishMcStevenson
Team: Slowie Films

Post by CatfishMcStevenson »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:40 pm
CatfishMcStevenson wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:11 am affording it is not the issue. im a big boy. i have a real job. and how is it hard to understand "how anything works? you act like its rocket science. its not. and if it was you probably wouldnt be doing it. i know people who have learned blender fairly quick and been able to model objects in no time. anyone can get on youtube and learn how to do it if they have the desire. so if you think it takes years to "understand how modeling works", maybe you should be doing something else. my bottom line is that you can buy this game for around $40. so youre expecting people to pay 4-5 times of what the game costs just for a bike in game? gear and models are out there for free, and i understand that it is a persons choice to buy anything they want. then when someone releases a model they get big dick syndrome and freak out when everyone shares their shit because its so overpriced. Like shit if you are trying to make money, take your modeling "expertise" somewhere else and make real money. pump out some more free shit for these kids that are getting into mx sim other than trying to price gouge 12 year olds (or atleast make it affordable). i know that you released the yami recently and it was good. props. regardless of the quality, these paid models are rediculously priced. i bet you can get on damn near any sim discord and find atleast a few people with ripped models. if they were decently priced i bet more people would chip in for a guy to make a few bucks here and there. myself and a few guys now are in the process of having some 23 models made for free release by people who actually do it for a living just to give the middle finger to assholes trying to rip people on cash. "when i have no idea how anything works" stay in your lane :lol:
You're so ignorant it hurts. Quality is gonna cost you $$$, just how the world works. Personally I would not spend thousands of hours mastering modeling then spend hundreds of hours building all parts to a bike from the ground up then not charge $150 for my time. Even if modeling was my job and I had learned over the years mastering quality of modeling, it's still a lot of hours regardless.

Saying they should go take their talent somewhere else is also ignorant as hell. I bet most of the modelers have full time modeling jobs and would spend the little free time they did to build a high quality bike for the game. Then when they asked to be compensated for their work, assholes like you tell them to go fuck themselves for charging. Then they leave the game, and have more modelers leaving than ones coming in.

Don't buy it if you're not willing to pay for it, that's the freedom of capitalism. But don't sit here and trash people for wanting compensation for their work.
oh no! big man who has 10k hours on a dirtbike game wants to learn me some knowledge. if you wanna call me ignorant, we can break it from the forums and compare intelligence ive got lists and lists of certifications and a technical degree and im pretty well off. can compare stubs and take iq tests. we can even have a pissing contest! im talking about pixels on a computer screen here hotrod. 1. i didnt ask what you would do. 2. when people charge rediculous prices, im sure that the files get shared 10x faster. we could all make this process alot simpler and nicer/cheaper by even creating a market of some sort. im looking to help individuals not get screwed by stuck up virtual dirt bike riders.
IsaiahDickerson60
Team: Tegridy

Post by IsaiahDickerson60 »

CatfishMcStevenson wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:32 am

oh no! big man who has 10k hours on a dirtbike game wants to learn me some knowledge. if you wanna call me ignorant, we can break it from the forums and compare intelligence ive got lists and lists of certifications and a technical degree and im pretty well off. can compare stubs and take iq tests. we can even have a pissing contest! im talking about pixels on a computer screen here hotrod. 1. i didnt ask what you would do. 2. when people charge rediculous prices, im sure that the files get shared 10x faster. we could all make this process alot simpler and nicer/cheaper by even creating a market of some sort. im looking to help individuals not get screwed by stuck up virtual dirt bike riders.
U make no sense... add me on Discord and we can talk old head eyezaya#5993
bop
Team: Privateer

Post by bop »

but then where will I read my daily drama
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

CatfishMcStevenson wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:32 am

Easiest way to know you've won a debate/argument - They start their next sentence with a personal insult. Catfish, you need to find a hobby.
M66
Team: Privateer

Post by M66 »

Aside from the arguments here, I have always wondered what the sales difference would be if a model like this was released for crazy cheap to bring in more quantity of buyers. It seems like it might deter ripping IMO from my experience in often plagiarized/pirated areas.

For example, if at $150 it gets sold 10-20 times, but at $30 it gets sold 200-300 times. (Completely made-up numbers)

Not sure if something similar at this quality has ever been attempted this way, but I would be curious how the end profit numbers would work out with either approach to selling, and if it would have any effect on the amount of ripping/sharing.
Lancer2004
Team: Shitter

Post by Lancer2004 »

M66 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:19 pm Aside from the arguments here, I have always wondered what the sales difference would be if a model like this was released for crazy cheap to bring in more quantity of buyers. It seems like it might deter ripping IMO from my experience in often plagiarized/pirated areas.

For example, if at $150 it gets sold 10-20 times, but at $30 it gets sold 200-300 times. (Completely made-up numbers)

Not sure if something similar at this quality has ever been attempted this way, but I would be curious how the end profit numbers would work out with either approach to selling, and if it would have any effect on the amount of ripping/sharing.
This is sort of my approach with gear, try to make it resonably cheap to maximize the sales of the gear, while trying put the most quality into everything I possibly can. I still don't make the highest quality stuff compared to some other guys imo, but I do feel it is still quality stuff for a compelling price, and it certainly works well on the sales side of things especially when I release bigger gear brands
Image <-- Discord

Image <-- payson is big brain
IsaiahDickerson60
Team: Tegridy

Post by IsaiahDickerson60 »

M66 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:19 pm Aside from the arguments here, I have always wondered what the sales difference would be if a model like this was released for crazy cheap to bring in more quantity of buyers. It seems like it might deter ripping IMO from my experience in often plagiarized/pirated areas.

Numbers are far off just thought I'd throw it out there. Idc ab the sales. I care when other people sell it
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Liddzor »

How do i contact you? i want to purch the lovely bike.