Forest edge raceway and Freeride park

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Johansson809

Forest edge raceway and Freeride park

Post by Johansson809 »

I made this track to learn the editor and get used to all the tools. so this is my first track I ever made. So please take your time and give me feedback so I know what to improve :D I did not understand how to import statues and billboards to my track so if someone can tell me how to do that it would be great.
I want to thank Poidog for your editor tutorials that helped me a lot.

enjoy
http://www.mediafire.com/?d622gwzblwsolld
skinner!!
jThiel129
Team: Privateer

Re: Forest edge raceway and Freeride park

Post by jThiel129 »

Downloading now! :D
jlv wrote:Posting privileges removed.
Image Image
Jordan Thiel #129
ATVMX For Life.
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

I'll definitely give it a try!
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

I thought this was fun for a first track, even though it was very short! My best lap time on a 10 lap race was a 38.6 on a 250f. So here is my review...

The first turn usually does not have braking bumps going into them, and it made coming out of the left-hand turn after the finish a little weird if you were to hit it on the outside too. Some of the bumps bucked your back end up and sent you on the ground, even though they weren't very big. Maybe try and have your braking bumps more progressive, ex. start off with small round ones and then maybe get into a couple of big ones where the main lines would be. Having a bunch of braking bumps so sudden kills the flow and you have to be on your toes. Take example of the 2012 rF nationals and how their braking bumps are for whatever style track you're making (I think Budds Creek is a great example). I really liked the braking bumps after the big table though, they felt just right and you could flow good through them if you nailed the turn fast. The lips on all of the jumps were just about perfect, I never got sent over the bars once. The whoops were so fun to jump in and out of! It was cool doubling in if you didn't have the speed to triple, then tripling out of them. On the double before the finish, if you were to roll it, it was a little harsh. For future reference, I would say to make the backside of the takeoff and the landings more transitional and not so abrupt. A couple of side notes; the orange fences that are bordered on some parts of the track suck. You cannot see them when you are riding alongside them on the track, and if you barely touch them they send you on the ground. I really liked the aspect of spectators, it made the track feel lively and gave it a better all around feel. I know this is your first track, so better textures, decals, and terrain will come after time. I think that's it, and overall this is just my personal opinion and how I felt about the track. You have great potential for future track building!
Thanks,
BG :)
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
Photomorti

Post by Photomorti »

Terrible preview pic , where is the freeride park? :)
Johansson809

Post by Johansson809 »

BGnastyy905 wrote:I thought this was fun for a first track, even though it was very short! My best lap time on a 10 lap race was a 38.6 on a 250f. So here is my review...

The first turn usually does not have braking bumps going into them, and it made coming out of the left-hand turn after the finish a little weird if you were to hit it on the outside too. Some of the bumps bucked your back end up and sent you on the ground, even though they weren't very big. Maybe try and have your braking bumps more progressive, ex. start off with small round ones and then maybe get into a couple of big ones where the main lines would be. Having a bunch of braking bumps so sudden kills the flow and you have to be on your toes. Take example of the 2012 rF nationals and how their braking bumps are for whatever style track you're making (I think Budds Creek is a great example). I really liked the braking bumps after the big table though, they felt just right and you could flow good through them if you nailed the turn fast. The lips on all of the jumps were just about perfect, I never got sent over the bars once. The whoops were so fun to jump in and out of! It was cool doubling in if you didn't have the speed to triple, then tripling out of them. On the double before the finish, if you were to roll it, it was a little harsh. For future reference, I would say to make the backside of the takeoff and the landings more transitional and not so abrupt. A couple of side notes; the orange fences that are bordered on some parts of the track suck. You cannot see them when you are riding alongside them on the track, and if you barely touch them they send you on the ground. I really liked the aspect of spectators, it made the track feel lively and gave it a better all around feel. I know this is your first track, so better textures, decals, and terrain will come after time. I think that's it, and overall this is just my personal opinion and how I felt about the track. You have great potential for future track building!
Thanks,
BG :)
Thank for your feedback I will think of all that things in my future tracks :D
skinner!!
Johansson809

Post by Johansson809 »

Photomorti wrote:Terrible preview pic , where is the freeride park? :)
to the left of the start it´s a parking place follow that road and take a turn to the right :D
skinner!!