Budds Creek - 2012 Motosport/rF National Rd 5 (Reupload)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Re: Budds Creek - 2012 Motosport/rF National Rd 5 (Reupload)

Post by Ashes »

This track is insane. I love it.
Thank you to everyone involved.

Some of my favourite points...
1. The traction is about as good as I've felt on a MXS track. It feels like I'm riding my dirbike.
2. The braking / acceleration bumps are mad. It feels like I have to respect the track (like you should for a national), I can't just pin it AND it's actually fun (there have been plenty other tracks that are super whooped & rutted out, but they have not been fun to ride (speaking pre-2012 national series)
3. For the FIRST TIME when riding any Budds Creek track - I actually recognised Doug Henry's "spot" (and had a few similar mistakes)
4. It looks amazing

My ONLY gripe is that some of the ruts don't seem to line up with the natural riding line. For example the ruts up the face of the ski-jump before the Doug Henry spot hill (I have NO idea how to explain the place in the track better - sorry) seem to lead you off the track (from inside to outside)

Anyways - the above does not deter from what I honestly feel is one of the best MXS tracks ever.

Top job DJ & co.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

thanks for the feedback everyone. checkerz game me alot of guidance. we tried to make it so not every inside line would be the go to line. it still always ends up like that some how, but i think it should make racing good. and if theres someone down inside a turn, theres plenty of room outside. and you wont lose much time.
just think, next years tracks are REALLY going to be insanely nice!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You definitely did a sick job with the ruts.
Ashes wrote: 1. The traction is about as good as I've felt on a MXS track. It feels like I'm riding my dirbike.
I tried something different with this traction. I made the static friction about 1.05, then immediately dropped it when the wheel started to slip, then raised it back up as the slip speed increased. Before, I had the static friction low, then worked up as slip speed increased, which made braking feel slippery, as well as making the front end slip easy.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

DJ99X wrote:I tried something different with this traction. I made the static friction about 1.05, then immediately dropped it when the wheel started to slip, then raised it back up as the slip speed increased. Before, I had the static friction low, then worked up as slip speed increased, which made braking feel slippery, as well as making the front end slip easy.
Makes sense. So there is a loss of initial traction, but then the tire 'bites' in the dirt as it (the dirt) piles up behind the contact patch (as opposed to riding on ice / hard surface where the grip level is never altered by a change in the shape of the surface.

Glad you took the time to experiment.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, pretty much. The static friction is normally higher than the kinetic friction, so I decided to try that out. Then I added in what you just said.

Wouldn't mind setting up a little rig to get somewhat proper numbers for dirt friction. Cut up an old tyre, put a known weight on it, attach it to a rope which is attached to some sort of force gauge. Wouldn't be 100% accurate, but at least its not pulling numbers out of our arse and seeing if it feels right
dboivin
Team: Privateer

Post by dboivin »

yeah the lines are great and the traction is the best yet.....for me. i've had a ton of fun on this track during qualifying this week. good work.

specifically, the line choices at the tops of the hills is killer...and bottoms are good as well. normally on previous tracks, those were death to me. last night i was putting in 5-6 laps without crashing which is not the norm. I'm sure i'm getting better at the game but most of my consistency was front washouts....now if i catch wrong rut and start to wash at least i can save it. it costs me time but i don't flat out yard sale from a front end wash.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

These efforts being put forth are nearing the level of Mother Theresa in their magnitude of generosity. Seriously, if these tracks are any indication of how the new Washougal will be...let's just say it will be kewl. Thanks for all of the epic tracks for free yall. Keep up the good work, it really makes a diff.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

DJ99X wrote:Yeah, pretty much. The static friction is normally higher than the kinetic friction, so I decided to try that out. Then I added in what you just said.

Wouldn't mind setting up a little rig to get somewhat proper numbers for dirt friction. Cut up an old tyre, put a known weight on it, attach it to a rope which is attached to some sort of force gauge. Wouldn't be 100% accurate, but at least its not pulling numbers out of our arse and seeing if it feels right

Would be an intersting experiment for sure.
I don't know enough about physics, but would the wheel not need to roll?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Nah it doesn't need to.

But that brings up the issue of working out rolling resistance. That would be a difficult one to get numbers for.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Could you not just pull a guy sitting on his dirtbike with pull force guage?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

True. I'm not sure how you go about the low force and high force number though
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

What is that actual use of both of these settings?
When is the high force applied and when is th elow force applied?
Fernandinho927
Crushed Dissenter
Team: SRZPanicRev

Post by Fernandinho927 »

client track modified - Does not match server track (2012.motospor.rf.national.rd05.buddscreek)
I need to help plx
Plx
[img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4173/panicrevlogo.png[/img]
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Fernandinho927 wrote:client track modified - Does not match server track (2012.motospor.rf.national.rd05.buddscreek)
I need to help plx
Plx
make sure u have lakewood
Heather13mx

Post by Heather13mx »

Why when i download something from mediafire that when i go to unzip it on 7zip it allways doent work theres all ways a file broken help? plz