help

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter
Team: BIG TOOL RACING

help

Post by meowkitty »

ok i know i shouldnt post in this section but no one seems to go on the track editing part.

ok i put decals on my track and got them placed good. i go to do the tilemap for heavy like sand and tacky clay.
for sand i put
friction 0.4 0
friction 0.5 2.0
friction 1.0 3.0
friction 1.2 10.0
roll_resist 20 50 0
roll_resist 70 100 30
texture @bigtoolmx/texture/sand.png
roost texture=@bigtoolmx/texture/roost.png count=20 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=1.1 slow_speed=0.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=1.07 fast_angle=0.196 size=0.25 grow=4.0 drag=1.5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=252 g=228 b=202 a=255 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
addtile

for clay i put this but when i ride it the hole track has that heavy sand like stuff.
friction 1.5 1.0
friction 1.15 32.0
friction 1.0 64.0
roll_resist 5.0 15.0 10.0
texture @bigtoolmx/texture/dirt.png
roost texture=@bigtoolmx/texture/roost1.png count=20 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=1.1 slow_speed=0.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=1.07 fast_angle=0.196 size=0.25 grow=4.0 drag=1.5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=252 g=228 b=202 a=255 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
addtile

thats what i put but the hole track rides like the heavy like sand even the dirt part does. can anyone help and i also the roost doesnt work. thanks
BIG TOOL RACING#144
warrior462

Re: help

Post by warrior462 »

The last time I added a tile after doing my tilemap, it screwed up the tilemap and made it all like a checkerboard of the two tiles. Try redoing the tilemap and it should be fine, you can just drag the decals file out of the folder and open the track to see if this is the problem and fix it if it is.
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter

Post by meowkitty »

warrior462 wrote:The last time I added a tile after doing my tilemap, it screwed up the tilemap and made it all like a checkerboard of the two tiles. Try redoing the tilemap and it should be fine, you can just drag the decals file out of the folder and open the track to see if this is the problem and fix it if it is.
the only problem i really have is that the sand decal is that really heavypacked sand and its the same for my clay texture as well. i want the clay to be tacky not this heavy sand cause were a 125 team and cant make the jumps.
BIG TOOL RACING#144
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

it sounds like you don't understand the tilemap, it is different from decals. Drag the decals file from the track folder to the desktop, then open the track with the editor. What you see is the tilemap. Go to tilemap edit, you can choose what tile you want and paint it on where you want it, then choose the other and paint that where you want it, then put the dacals file back in the track folder and you should be good to go.
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter

Post by meowkitty »

warrior462 wrote:it sounds like you don't understand the tilemap, it is different from decals. Drag the decals file from the track folder to the desktop, then open the track with the editor. What you see is the tilemap. Go to tilemap edit, you can choose what tile you want and paint it on where you want it, then choose the other and paint that where you want it, then put the dacals file back in the track folder and you should be good to go.
can u teach me on team viewer cause i still dont under stand.
BIG TOOL RACING#144
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter

Post by meowkitty »

sry for double post but im looking on mxsim pits and found a vid if i dont understand it ill let u know
BIG TOOL RACING#144
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Sorry, after that last post I just read through what you have there. You want texture @sand.ppm and texture @dirt.ppm for those lines in each of those tiles. These are tiles built in to the game, then you put decals over them to make it look good, but the base of your track needs to be these standard tiles.
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter

Post by meowkitty »

warrior462 wrote:Sorry, after that last post I just read through what you have there. You want texture @sand.ppm and texture @dirt.ppm for those lines in each of those tiles. These are tiles built in to the game, then you put decals over them to make it look good, but the base of your track needs to be these standard tiles.
so i should just name it .ppm and im using decals from my textures folder. their png images i can convert them to ppm or what.
BIG TOOL RACING#144
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

No, you have to use @dirt.ppm and @sand.ppm, this is not how you do decals. Decals are handled by a separate folder called decals in the track folder. Your decals will end up going over, and covering, your tilemap, so you can't see it, but that is what defines the traction.
meowkitty
Crushed Dissenter

Post by meowkitty »

warrior462 wrote:No, you have to use @dirt.ppm and @sand.ppm, this is not how you do decals. Decals are handled by a separate folder called decals in the track folder. Your decals will end up going over, and covering, your tilemap, so you can't see it, but that is what defines the traction.
thanks i got it working now. u dont know how much relieve i am finally being able to finish. thanks many.
BIG TOOL RACING#144