Sorento Hills

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: Sorento Hills

Post by FactoryBR21 »

for you it would take 10mim sice you spent 24/7hours over this shit and if you meant something else... well maybe i never wanted to finish or lrealese some stuff
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

interesting comments here. seems to not have much to do with Sorento. If you're trying to say it was rushed or unpolished, say so, don't pussy foot around it. With a team of people working hard on a track it can move along much faster.
Armadyle

Post by Armadyle »

i say this needs to be added to 01 and 02 for sure!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

what i dont get is people are actually complaining that new tracks are being released.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Atown_Ottowa wrote:Yeah it takes alot of time, about 2 years per track right factory?
coming from a freeloader, holds no weight. :wink:
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Lets keep the thread on topic.
only one to win something real from the game!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

just rode a fair amount of laps on this track. one thing sticks out to me immediately. please sacrifice a little bit of realism for fun factor in all your tracks. to me, mission was a huge let down in fun factor because it just didn't feel right, but this track is so fricken fun even though in most spots it's a little bit fantasy. i could care less, because this is a track i'll keep coming back to!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I don't think any more time could have been spent on the disp. Checkerz does this for a living, so in that sense, this displacement map wasn't really that 'rushed'.

On track textures: I thought I did a good job on them, and I'd say they are one of the best made for this game (not tooting my own horn here, I do think they look good)

Off track textures: I didn't do them. Maybe more time could have been spent there.

Objects: Sure, it doesnt have the best objects ever, but Checkerz was aiming for a track that could handle alot of people, as recent tracks have been quite intense on a lot of computers. Just be thankful that it will be possible to run alot more people on here.

So with all that said, I don't think it was really necessary to spend any more time on this track. Maybe an extra day at the most. Heck, forget the timeframe and compare it to other tracks. Could have potentially won the track comp we had last year.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

on track was pretty good, but from a distance i didn't like how it looked really one lined with that one tex you used. off track was my tex from mx488, it would look good with some other stuff thrown in there. biggest downfall with texs i'd say is variation. objects, well, i guess they fit the theme but i'm not really sure what the theme was.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Jesus Christ David..
only one to win something real from the game!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

what? I'm merely saying what struck me as off, in the track. it's a great track, don't get me wrong, the disp is super fun, and it's right up there with some of the better tracks, but it is a short term track and there are some things that I thought could be better, you don't have to read my comments. :roll:
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

The track looks better than 98% of tracks released. The track rides better than 98% of tracks released. Take the extra time to get that extra 2% which is purely speculation and opinion or move on and make another track that is just as good? Our group got the track to as good as we could get it and chose to move on.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ok, here's the deal. i'm not saying it's not good, it's a great track. there's just a FEW THINGS I FELT LIKE POINTING OUT. FFS i only thought i'd mention those things for the good of the subject but i'll guess i'll keep the fucking trap shut from now on. btw, stock grass decals showing through near the start. fuck me right.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ya, **** me. when you pass em real quick they look stock, not stock.
Last edited by jlv on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed profanity
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

ddmx wrote:ok, here's the deal. i'm not saying it's not good, it's a great track. there's just a FEW THINGS I FELT LIKE POINTING OUT. FFS i only thought i'd mention those things for the good of the subject but i'll guess i'll keep the fucking trap shut from now on. btw, stock grass decals showing through near the start. fuck me right.
Do you ride a Kawasaki?