2021 MotoOption Supercross Round 17 Salt Lake City 2

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Re: 2021 MotoOption Supercross Round 15 Atlanta 3

Post by AHeckman2 »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:05 am
AHeckman2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:14 pm I think a lot of you don't realize the time and effort that goes into making the tracks. Not to mention they get passed along though multiple people (last I knew anyways) so a week extra really isn't enough time to make all the modifications with the amount of work they put in. And remember this isn't their job, they spend their time to put together awesome series for us, I think we can deal with some of the tracks not being entirely accurate. Honestly sometimes I feel like the way rF builds the tracks is better than real life! But that's just my opinion.
To put in a over-under on the track after 2 2/3 weeks? Is that so hard? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56360 This track took me about 5-6 hours, granted its not perfect and I'm not experienced in track making that much to make the tracks that quick, but for an experienced track builder to 1. get rid of the section on the front stretch before the finish and make that into rollers and a wall jump, probably takes 1 hour MAX and thats me being generous on time. and 2. get rid of 3 singles after the sand and put in a over-under, takes 35 minutes max. If they aren't using photoshop and using the in-game editor, then I'll be generous once again, 4-5 hours max for doing both of the tasks. If they cannot do that in 2 2/3 weeks then hire/work with track creators that aren't busy 24/7 for example, me, not saying that I'm the best track creator or can make rf style/level tracks, but any track creator can make and learn how to make rf style/level.
I have no experience building tracks so I'm not sure how long it would take. I was just giving my opinion. I just tend to be happy with what we get because this is definitely the best series we have and I'm just grateful it's still going on after all these years.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

AHeckman2 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:29 am
AHeckman2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:14 pm I think a lot of you don't realize the time and effort that goes into making the tracks. Not to mention they get passed along though multiple people (last I knew anyways) so a week extra really isn't enough time to make all the modifications with the amount of work they put in. And remember this isn't their job, they spend their time to put together awesome series for us, I think we can deal with some of the tracks not being entirely accurate. Honestly sometimes I feel like the way rF builds the tracks is better than real life! But that's just my opinion.
To put in a over-under on the track after 2 2/3 weeks? Is that so hard? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56360 This track took me about 5-6 hours, granted its not perfect and I'm not experienced in track making that much to make the tracks that quick, but for an experienced track builder to 1. get rid of the section on the front stretch before the finish and make that into rollers and a wall jump, probably takes 1 hour MAX and thats me being generous on time. and 2. get rid of 3 singles after the sand and put in a over-under, takes 35 minutes max. If they aren't using photoshop and using the in-game editor, then I'll be generous once again, 4-5 hours max for doing both of the tasks. If they cannot do that in 2 2/3 weeks then hire/work with track creators that aren't busy 24/7 for example, me, not saying that I'm the best track creator or can make rf style/level tracks, but any track creator can make and learn how to make rf style/level.
I have no experience building tracks so I'm not sure how long it would take. I was just giving my opinion. I just tend to be happy with what we get because this is definitely the best series we have and I'm just grateful it's still going on after all these years.
Find me a track creator who is good who isn't busy with IRL.... If any track creator can do it, let's see you step up to the plate. Put your money where your mouth is. I know one creator who talked less shit in a whole year, actually two, than you did in a single post and did that. I respect that. I don't respect anything you have to say.
baker

Post by baker »

Blake_901 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 amhello
Hey man.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: 2021 MotoOption Supercross Round 16 Salt Lake City 1

Post by Jeremy150 »

First post updated with SLC 1
Jeremy150

Re: 2021 MotoOption Supercross Round 16 Salt Lake City 1

Post by Jeremy150 »

SLC 1 PASSWORD
8DE]a-b)MT;T&>2`32)[_&H:f
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Re: 2021 MotoOption Supercross Round 17 Salt Lake City 2

Post by JamesLayle721 »

Rd 17 released btw, think jeremy forgot to do this so it shows up in new posts
Discord: James Layle#0721
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

SLC 2 PASSWORD
td=}`4L:Kcwnx5&MD{f6&[]f
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

checkerz wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:10 am
Find me a track creator who is good who isn't busy with IRL.... If any track creator can do it, let's see you step up to the plate. Put your money where your mouth is. I know one creator who talked less shit in a whole year, actually two, than you did in a single post and did that. I respect that. I don't respect anything you have to say.
TBH Chex its not even worth trying to argue with these kids. They will always know better. They don't realize how long it takes to do everything involved. Honestly this is why I hate making replicas. Everyone is a critic and it either isn't realistic enough or its not fun. You'll never please anyone. I released a picture of my version of LACR on upcoming tracks and from the picture I already had kids telling me its too rough and the hills aren't big enough, without even riding the track :roll:

I would love to see some of you kids figure out how to even make a track. Let alone design and code in custom haybales and statues and decals. Check to make sure the lighting works correctly on all the graphics settings, test the erode, test the timing gates, and release 4 different versions of the damn track so kids with shit computers wont complain. Only to have some kid complain that their was one less whoop in that section on the actual track. Also notice how the people that complain the most are never actual track makers. :roll:
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

jgmtbike wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pmI released a picture of my version of LACR on upcoming tracks and from the picture I already had kids telling me its too rough and the hills aren't big enough, without even riding the track :roll:
We weren't complaining, the track irl has steep tall hills and the picture makes it look a lot smaller than it should be.
jgmtbike wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pmI would love to see some of you kids figure out how to even make a track. Let alone design and code in custom haybales and statues and decals. Check to make sure the lighting works correctly on all the graphics settings, test the erode, test the timing gates, and release 4 different versions of the damn track so kids with shit computers wont complain. Only to have some kid complain that their was one less whoop in that section on the actual track. Also notice how the people that complain the most are never actual track makers. :roll:
that stuff isn't hard at all it's just time consuming.
jgmtbike

Post by jgmtbike »

Jrife548 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:46 pm that stuff isn't hard at all it's just time consuming.
Bro you should totally join RF then and do all that stuff for them! I'm sure you would love to put in hours of work for a bunch of kids to complain the track isn't good enough! Sounds like a great time!

Its not like this is some crazy official pro E sports series with tens of thousands of dollars going to the organizers lol. Its like 5-10 20 something year olds who want to host a series for a game they really like. They probably don't even end up with $10 an hour and the people they are trying to make a fun series for just shit on them for the dumbest reasons. Do you guys actually expect RF to make a full SX track in 1 week after a race? Or do you really expect them to make a whole SX track and then change the sections after the fact to be a "perfect" replica. If it was their only job and they were making tons of money off of us I would 100% expect it but this is a racing series for a game made in 2007. Just race the damn tracks and have fun. I'm not saying you guys cant have opinions but you guys all act your opinions are fact and you have very little reality on the subject. The few tracks I've been involved in have been huge undertakings and have had a lot people involved.

And just so you know JRIFE this is not a direct statement to you. I'm just saying this in general. I don't have a problem with you. And honestly I agree with you about LACR, from the pictures it looks really small but I think when you play it the elevation feels much bigger. Definitely not perfect, as I made the elevation completely freehand, but I had my friend Sam help me with it. He rides their IRL and he thinks it feels pretty close to real life. I also took creative liberties on a lot of the sections, as I usually do with replicas, and made jumps a bit longer and bigger so its more fun in sim.

I think everyone needs to be a bit more chill with RF, you guys can 100% offer criticism but most of the time its not constructive, most of the time you guys are massive a-holes about the problems with the track. Or you guys just say the track sucks or something like that when really the only problem you have is with 1 section or the traction or something like that.
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

Palm 189
Team: District Designs

Post by Palm 189 »

jgmtbike wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pm
TBH Chex its not even worth trying to argue with these kids. They will always know better. They don't realize how long it takes to do everything involved. Honestly this is why I hate making replicas. Everyone is a critic and it either isn't realistic enough or its not fun. You'll never please anyone. I released a picture of my version of LACR on upcoming tracks and from the picture I already had kids telling me its too rough and the hills aren't big enough, without even riding the track :roll:

I would love to see some of you kids figure out how to even make a track. Let alone design and code in custom haybales and statues and decals. Check to make sure the lighting works correctly on all the graphics settings, test the erode, test the timing gates, and release 4 different versions of the damn track so kids with shit computers wont complain. Only to have some kid complain that their was one less whoop in that section on the actual track. Also notice how the people that complain the most are never actual track makers. :roll:
so true
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Post by JamesLayle721 »

First of all, I make tracks myself and I think that I build them decently because I go my fastest and try to make them quick (yes I understand thats why my tracks aren't always the best), So I sort of have an understanding for what building a track is like.

And second of all, what I was trying to say is atleast put in a little effort into trying to make it realistic, like I said in first post rF didn't even put in the over under on the left side of the track about 10 days after the first irl atlanta round on ANY of the rF atlantas. What I mean is what they did to Salt Lake 2, they made an effort to fix the entire track to atleast make it look like the track from irl, even though 450s and some 250s can hit lines they couldn't hit irl, idc bc atleast the track looks similar to what it looks like instead of the track looking like a totally different track. What I'm guessing what they do is they built all atlanta rounds in one sitting before all the rounds irl, which I'm also guessing the track creator didn't have time in the coming weeks. If the track creator can't even take atleast 1 or 2 hours out of his week to fix up the track a little bit, then don't hire him.
Discord: James Layle#0721
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:44 pm

TBH Chex:roll:
idk
It's alright Josh, these kids won't understand and its a waste of time trying to defend or explain a situation. this is why so many creators have left this community, guys who do little to nothing for the community acting like its their obligation to request last minute changes that affect 4+ peoples work load.

dueces Sim
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

I think once the track is created, even if the irl race is already finished 2 weeks ago, there is no point in changing the track it's just a waste of time. Tracks should be made off of the official track maps early to give the track creators more time and less pressure to make the tracks. It takes a really long time to put a good quality track together. The only thing i've ever just hated about rF tracks is the erode always being wack on the flat turns, it's legit unridable after a certain point..

Just be grateful people actually wanna sit down and spend time on making tracks for a series. But also, when you get criticism as a track creator, don't get all fuckin pissed off just take the criticism and explain why you did a certain thing the way you did. Like, why you didn't put the over under on the atlanta track. Most kids in the community don't understand the time and effort that making tracks requires, and are mostly just ignorant. If they knew, they wouldn't be saying shit.
jgmtbike

Post by jgmtbike »

Jrife548 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 pm I think once the track is created, even if the irl race is already finished 2 weeks ago, there is no point in changing the track it's just a waste of time. Tracks should be made off of the official track maps early to give the track creators more time and less pressure to make the tracks. It takes a really long time to put a good quality track together. The only thing i've ever just hated about rF tracks is the erode always being wack on the flat turns, it's legit unridable after a certain point..

Just be grateful people actually wanna sit down and spend time on making tracks for a series. But also, when you get criticism as a track creator, don't get all fuckin pissed off just take the criticism and explain why you did a certain thing the way you did. Like, why you didn't put the over under on the atlanta track. Most kids in the community don't understand the time and effort that making tracks requires, and are mostly just ignorant. If they knew, they wouldn't be saying shit.
This is a good middle ground and basically what I think as well.

I think for RF they should go for whatever the track map is and modify things slightly to make the tracks the most fun, flowy and, good for racing as possible.