Motoball

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Donut MX
Team: Privateer

Re: Motoball

Post by Donut MX »

bump
farrugia741
Team: Dignity Global

Post by farrugia741 »

stop making silly rocket league maps and update first person
jkjkjkjkjkjkjjkjk but fr tho make a new first person
Image yed
Trppz
Team: Platinum

Post by Trppz »

Dont work on newer snapshots.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Trppz wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:34 am Dont work on newer snapshots.
One thing I'd like to do with this is make the ball react to the terrain instead of requiring a flat plane. Could be a lot of fun if the track required teamwork to get the ball over obstacles to reach the goal. Obviously not a top priority but this could definitely be expanded on.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 am One thing I'd like to do with this is make the ball react to the terrain instead of requiring a flat plane. Could be a lot of fun if the track required teamwork to get the ball over obstacles to reach the goal. Obviously not a top priority but this could definitely be expanded on.
I'm curious to see how you'd make this work considering the only terrain information you can get from the API is the elevation at a specific point. I'm guessing you'd have to calculate terrain slopes from one y level to the next and calculating the adjusted ball vector before moving it. I'm also wondering how you'd handle a vertical wall in terrain so the ball bounces off of it. Either way if you do make your way around to doing this I'd be very interested to see how you did it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:07 am I'm curious to see how you'd make this work considering the only terrain information you can get from the API is the elevation at a specific point. I'm guessing you'd have to calculate terrain slopes from one y level to the next and calculating the adjusted ball vector before moving it. I'm also wondering how you'd handle a vertical wall in terrain so the ball bounces off of it. Either way if you do make your way around to doing this I'd be very interested to see how you did it.
It'd be basically the same thing except the get_ball_position() code would be much more complicated. Instead of being able to directly calculate the position based on the last throw it'll have to iterate over each triangle the ball rolls over to find out where the ball should be at a particular time.

Since it's a height field vertical walls aren't possible, so if you made a super steep slope the ball should bounce off without needing a special case for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.