1:1 2010 Anaheim 1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

1:1 2010 Anaheim 1

Post by sethypeety »

Credits
Jay for everything: https://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?t=47893
Also got decals from: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27326

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-byyKy ... sp=sharing

Lemme know what you think, any feedback is appreciated!
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Re: 1:1 2010 Anaheim 1

Post by Jrife548 »

I'm a fan of the new 1:1 scale track wave. Even though I don't really play them all that much, it's cool to see a little pocket of the community working towards a more realistic racing experience
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Really glad to see some 1:1 scale tracks. Tracks good, looks good and rides good for the most part.

My two concerns about the track are:
1: The elevated off camber turn isn't very usable. Along with the traction, you can't exit the tiny berm in any way. If you follow it, you end up at the very outside and given the traction, the inside isn't an option. A slightly bigger berm or/and better traction there would've helped.

2: The second triple is more or less impossible on a 250. This is also affected by the traction chosen. However changing to a 450 made it possible.

Over all, the traction makes a lot more sense on a 450 than a 250 in my opinion. Other than that, the triples are really well shaped. The rhythm section works well too. Fun track, hope to see more of these. As a personal take, the decals makes it slightly hard to see what's what, even if they're really good decals.
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

Wahlamt wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:24 pm
Thanks for the feedback man, I built this track on a 350 to have little more power to make sure things weren't to small, but not so much things aren't possible on a 250f (I promise the triple is possible on a 250f, you have to crunch pretty hard get it though. I was going to make it easier but after watching the 250 moto's they were struggling to clear it so I left it.) The off camber berm suffers from my terrible bail placement. It kinda just ends cuz that's where the bails start, and instead of fixing it I just left it since I wasn't having problems with it. Also, in regards to the traction, terrible, I've used it on 2 tracks and will never use it again.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

For context, I like the large rF scale supercross tracks a lot and think that they are the ideal build style for MXS; however, I love riding 1:1 tracks and Shadow's microscopic tracks in single player. I also play pretty much exclusively on the fc450.

I like it and had a fun 15 minute session!

IMO the traction is a huge detractor from this track. For me, the draw of a 1:1 supercross is that it requires precision and allows me to go as fast as the track allows, rather than the track desperately trying to hold back a 450 pro. With this traction, I think you've just solved the problem in reverse by making it so the bike accelerates inaccurately. In my opinion, a 450 should feel explosive and should require me to hold myself back on a tight track. On this one, I'm just pinned in 1st and 2nd gear the whole time trying to get the rear tire to grab on to something.

When I go 3rd gear pinned down a start straight, the bike should continue to pull until I reach the rev limiter — right now, it feels like I'm riding through a pond and the bike just constantly under load. It makes the second triple feel stupid - they are big jumps in real life, but they certainly don't require a 450 to wind out. The traction and flat corner force me to spin the tire in 2nd rather than roll on the gas in 3rd, almost like riding through thick mud. You may be able to fine tune the traction to get closer to your desired result without the weird drag effects. I assume you want it to be harder to clear jumps than with rF traction.

I think the track is built fine and love the peakiness of the jumps, but I think some of them are built strangely —specifically, the two rhythm sections. The rhythm before the off camber forces me to jump to a big flat spot if I go 3-over-3, and 2-on-off is nearly impossible because the third jump face is so flat. I think this section and the one after it suffer from being built to force specific lines a little too much - looking at the real race, the jumps look a little bit more even, and that second section doesn't have such a seemingly huge face on the triple in the middle. The on-off also has a big step on it which would be kind of cool to have here. As Wahlmat stated, the off camber corner doesn't work great. I like the difficulty that it adds, but combined with the traction, it becomes needlessly frustrating. A pre-built rut or even just a better berm would solve it for me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

WOW! Thank you so much for all the feedback. Not really used to getting comments in general so to see this is a real treat.
KTM57 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:09 am IMO the traction is a huge detractor from this track. With this traction, I think you've just solved the problem in reverse by making it so the bike accelerates inaccurately.
I 100% agree, to be blunt, I hate this traction and will never use it again. I uploaded an arenacross track that is 1:1 here(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57269) that is much smaller but uses a non restrictive traction. Would love if you could give some feedback on it too.
KTM57 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:09 am It makes the second triple feel stupid.
Like I told Wahlamt, I promise it's doable on a 250f, I made extra sure of it.
KTM57 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:09 am I think the track is built fine and love the peakiness of the jumps, but I think some of them are built strangely —specifically, the two rhythm sections. The rhythm before the off camber forces me to jump to a big flat spot if I go 3-over-3, and 2-on-off is nearly impossible because the third jump face is so flat. I think this section and the one after it suffer from being built to force specific lines a little too much - looking at the real race, the jumps look a little bit more even, and that second section doesn't have such a seemingly huge face on the triple in the middle. The on-off also has a big step on it which would be kind of cool to have here. As Wahlmat stated, the off camber corner doesn't work great. I like the difficulty that it adds, but combined with the traction, it becomes needlessly frustrating. A pre-built rut or even just a better berm would solve it for me.
Hear you loud and clear, no more forced lines. The reason that third jump face is so flat is because I didn't want people going 2-3 on, I wanted you to have to go 2-2, triple from the table then double out with the alternate line being tripling in, on-off then double out. when it comes to the corner after it heres what I told Wahlamt: The off camber berm suffers from my terrible bail placement. It kinda just ends cuz that's where the bails start, and instead of fixing it I just left it since I wasn't having problems with it.
I don't think making it taller would have fixed the problem, it need to flow all the way around the corner but it doesn't. Another problem I faced was where I the track out. There is a bunch of dead space right next to the whoops, if I would have moved that over it would have given me more room to just space the jumps out rather than nerf the faces.

Again thank you for all the feedback, will definitely take these into consideration if I do something like this again
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think the arenacross plays a lot better!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

I think a healthy amount of resistance is needed on the traction but not this much. Whats your traction settings on the arenacross? I've always imagined something like jlv's traction with rF's resistance would be cool to try.
Tanner Rogers
Quenteno
Team: Unlimited.Co

Post by Quenteno »

motokid499 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:47 pm I think a healthy amount of resistance is needed on the traction but not this much. Whats your traction settings on the arenacross? I've always imagined something like jlv's traction with rF's resistance would be cool to try.
i think ur just a pussy
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

motokid499 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:47 pm I think a healthy amount of resistance is needed on the traction but not this much. Whats your traction settings on the arenacross? I've always imagined something like jlv's traction with rF's resistance would be cool to try.
Pretty sure it's Jays Aus Sx 2013 series, prolly rd 1 or 2, I'm working on a project with someone right now but when I start building these Sx/Ax tracks again I'll give your idea a try. (like I told ktm57, I don't think I'll make any more replicas like like this though.)
Quenteno wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:33 pm i think ur just a pussy
No, this traction is not good. It goes beyond just being restrictive. I really want to try to get away from forcing people to go slower, I genuinely think it's better to build a track with "normal" traction and just have people slow the hell down on their own terms. Forcing lines and essentially putting a hard cap on how fast you can go makes the tracks unfun. If people wanna smash out big lines, fuck it let em, but they can't if I am building the track entirely around the mentality that it should only be played one way.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Big lines are just something that's going to happen. You don't have the fear in mx simulator that you do irl, there's no life threatening consequences stopping you from trying out that quad line lol.

I think lowering the traction to realistic levels with a healthy amount of drag would be amazing. I've never ever understood the whole argument for pavement traction, slippery traction basically holds the answers to all our problems imo.

If a track has realistic traction, you would have to modulate the throttle in such a way that grants you the traction needed to clear that triple or clear that rhythm lane. The traction you used I think does a great job at replicating the speed we are supposed to be going, you just didn't do it how I'd do it. If a track is slippery enough, people will slow down. Front tire washing? Slow the fuck down then :)

I was actually a big fan of the 2013 aussx traction so that'll be why I like it so much!
Tanner Rogers
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

sethypeety wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:16 am I promise the triple is possible on a 250f, you have to crunch pretty hard get it though. I was going to make it easier but after watching the 250 moto's they were struggling to clear it so I left it.
Well I did make it over, but that was when only aiming to do so and cared nothing about how the corner went 8)
sethypeety wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:16 am The off camber berm suffers from my terrible bail placement.
Not really, the bales were good, just the transition wasn't really possible going from berm to flat. A little higher berm and a bit longer "transition" would've solved it.

As August said, some lines felt forced, which I dislike, but it wasn't still as bad as other tracks have it.
motokid499 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:23 pm If a track is slippery enough, people will slow down. Front tire washing? Slow the fuck down then :)
You know you're my boi. Totally agree. In my opinion jlv's tracks are vastly underrated these days. Even some of the older sx tracks.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I would echo others comments. Track is really well done, I like the 1:1! However, I think a little bit too much slow speed resistance. It works to tame the 450, but makes it unreasonably tough on a 250.