Winter SX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Winter SX

Post by Wahlamt »

Started this track around christmas time, made more sense then to have a winter theme... My first go at a supercross track. The track itself is very small and traction of old days. I enjoy the changeup, not meant to be hard, just good to spin a few laps. Please give some feedback, but do keep in mind it's supposed to be a bit different! :wink:

> Download - High Res <

"Normal Res" (the most demanding objects are gone)

Credits:
Racers52 - Decals
ColtonD719 - Banners
DJ - Grass
Cone - From JS7 2011
Twistmoto - semi, bikestand
Aaron Hall - Crowd Fence
TM_Infidel
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: Winter SX

Post by sethypeety »

This track is so fun to ride! I like to put a few laps on the track with a few different bikes but I ended up putting in a 40 lap moto on the 350 and it feels like this track was built for it. The track looks really good too, I love the snowy esthetic and the traction you used matches the decals really good. I do have a couple suggestions I would like to propose; I think the environment would have looked better if you would have made some small raised hills on the outskirts of the build plan to mask the skybox a bit. I also noticed that you only used one traction across the whole build plan, it would have been nice to see some snowy roost when off track but that's a pretty unimportant detail that only I would have noticed. Another unimportant detail would be the color of the roost, it's pretty light compared to the decals so maybe next time use slightly darker roost so it matches better.

ALSO, I almost forgot to point out there is another track called Winter Sx. Unfortunately it causes a file confliction :oops:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Winter SX

Post by Wahlamt »

Always quality feedback as usual!
sethypeety wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:04 pm This track is so fun to ride! I like to put a few laps on the track with a few different bikes but I ended up putting in a 40 lap moto on the 350 and it feels like this track was built for it.
Wow, that's awesome! Didn't even try it on the 350 :shock:
sethypeety wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:04 pm The track looks really good too, I love the snowy esthetic and the traction you used matches the decals really good. I do have a couple suggestions I would like to propose; I think the environment would have looked better if you would have made some small raised hills on the outskirts of the build plan to mask the skybox a bit. I also noticed that you only used one traction across the whole build plan, it would have been nice to see some snowy roost when off track but that's a pretty unimportant detail that only I would have noticed. Another unimportant detail would be the color of the roost, it's pretty light compared to the decals so maybe next time use slightly darker roost so it matches better.
I'm decently happy about how it looked, as aestethics is my fatal flaw (shout out to Race's decals). The raised outskirts is a great suggestion! It didn't even occurr to me, again, visuals isn't my thing... Since I usually don't play with roost, I didn't even notice it, so great to think about in the future. Traction wise, I just used it. I meant to change it at some point, but... :lol:
sethypeety wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:04 pm ALSO, I almost forgot to point out there is another track called Winter Sx. Unfortunately it causes a file confliction :oops:
This is just embarrasing for me :lol: