2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 17 Salt Lake City

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: 2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 1 Anaheim 1

Post by Jeremy150 »

OAKLAND PASSWORD

tEQ5B72!75qQG1pkS#g0vp59$yF*
rosso391
Team: Privateer

Re: 2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 2 Oakland

Post by rosso391 »

Anyone else having an issue with RD2 Oakland "high" graphics rendering the dirt black as you go around the track? I've never had this game do that to me since I got it in 2009. Also downloaded the Playdough file. uninstalled the playdough file thinking that might be it and nothing. Going to uninstall and reinstall the same file. See if maybe a corrupted download.
Ryan778

Re: 2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 2 Oakland

Post by Ryan778 »

Downloads keep failing, Don't use antivirus either :x
Jeremy150

Re: 2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 3 San Diego

Post by Jeremy150 »

SAN DIEGO PASSWORD

jbcMBau8I9N9Vpng2IaI#O
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I wish you guys wouldn't make the whoops a survival game. I watched the stream of the race and so many people crashing and those are the best of the best. I can't imagine what it's like in the Ams. The racing would be better and it wouldn't look so dumb on the stream seeing so many of the top players cartwheel through them.
:|
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

barrington314 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:24 pm I wish you guys wouldn't make the whoops a survival game. I watched the stream of the race and so many people crashing and those are the best of the best. I can't imagine what it's like in the Ams. The racing would be better and it wouldn't look so dumb on the stream seeing so many of the top players cartwheel through them.
Whoops are just terrible this year, everything else is good (besides the erode on the last round, probably one of the worst i've seen) but yeah the whoops are so bad
roganmx
Team: FastLap Suspension

Post by roganmx »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 pm
barrington314 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:24 pm I wish you guys wouldn't make the whoops a survival game. I watched the stream of the race and so many people crashing and those are the best of the best. I can't imagine what it's like in the Ams. The racing would be better and it wouldn't look so dumb on the stream seeing so many of the top players cartwheel through them.
Whoops are just terrible this year, everything else is good (besides the erode on the last round, probably one of the worst i've seen) but yeah the whoops are so bad
Idk I kinda like them this year. If ppl would jus go slower through them there wouldn’t be as many crashes, but everyone wants to go 5th wicked. I also think they’ve been a little overkill though
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

roganmx wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm Idk I kinda like them this year. If ppl would jus go slower through them there wouldn’t be as many crashes, but everyone wants to go 5th wicked. I also think they’ve been a little overkill though
The whoops imo would be completely fine at a smaller scale in terms of difficulty, we're just carrying so much speed around these largely scaled tracks that it's almost impossible to try to slow down because you'll lose so much time to other people if you do. (Crashing loses way more time but it's way easier on our egos to just eat shit than get blown by some randingo in the whoops)

I've said it for a while now but I think personally we need to go back to 2016-ish scale, maybe slightly larger. 1.18-1.20:1 are ideal scales for racing in my opinion, and I know some people want to kill me for saying that. But sometimes these blueprints are built at inconsistent scaling where some jumps are as large as 1.40:1 (sx triples) then rhythm section spacings will be built at like 1.25:1 and it just makes everything feel inconsistent and then there's nothing the track builder can do because they're forced to build off of it.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

roganmx wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm Idk I kinda like them this year. If ppl would jus go slower through them there wouldn’t be as many crashes, but everyone wants to go 5th wicked. I also think they’ve been a little overkill though
You do have a point. That's always been the struggle. How do you keep people from just holding it wide open. But I think I've matured from that thought process since I've had any power or say in how whoops should be, and side with the fun factor now. I prefer consistent laps that are fun, over stopping someone from going wide open. The whoops can still be tall, they just need more surface area.

As for the scale. I agree there too. It's a 1.25 width. But looks like the rhythms vary between 1.4 and 1.25. Which is weird. It's not a dig at the track. It's still fun. If it were me though, I'd stick with 1.25 all the way around. If it's a dirtwurx blueprint problem (it's probably more of a draft drawing than a scale blueprint), you have to just build it how it should be build per the scale, then fix the blueprint to match.

I'm not trying to come here as a "know it all expert". Just giving my opinion.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

barrington314 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:43 pm As for the scale. I agree there too. It's a 1.25 width. But looks like the rhythms vary between 1.4 and 1.25. Which is weird. It's not a dig at the track. It's still fun. If it were me though, I'd stick with 1.25 all the way around. If it's a dirtwurx blueprint problem (it's probably more of a draft drawing than a scale blueprint), you have to just build it how it should be build per the scale, then fix the blueprint to match.
For what it's worth the blueprints we make have an even scale for jump spacing. We just have to make modifications sometimes in game for rideability.

As for the whoops it's something we're closely looking at and plan on making changes to based on the feedback from this week's track. We don't really want them to just be something you can pin it through with no thought, but I also completely agree that it looks silly having top levels pros crashing them as well. It's just a bit of trial and error till we get something that works best.
barrington314

Re: 2023 AMA Esports Supercross Round 4 Anaheim 2

Post by barrington314 »

Yea, it is the hardest part of the track to get right. It's so touchy in each direction. Thanks for taking the feedback.
JFKwentAFK
Team: ClubMX

Post by JFKwentAFK »

The San Diego stadium won't load for me, just the track, I've tried to download the medium and high resolution maps but it still won't load the stadium PLS HELP ME
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Took me forever to get the san diego whoops down because I was just hitting them wrong. I adjusted, changed the way I hit them, and I had no issues from there on. I think it's in the best interest of the game's 'simulator' and 'competitive' nature to have whoops that don't make the bike/rider look like a 50cc kid on stream
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

ANAHEIM 2 PASSWORD
Z9Afq71&5#QOFC%WiSdvWo&K
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

barrington314 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:43 pm You do have a point. That's always been the struggle. How do you keep people from just holding it wide open. But I think I've matured from that thought process since I've had any power or say in how whoops should be, and side with the fun factor now.
We have flip-flopped in our respective camps :lol:

I used to request more consistent fun tracks when I was racing and you were building super realistic techy stuff for the 2015 SX

And now that I'm a spectator, I'd like to see more realistic, techy builds to really showcase the talents of the top guys in the game

I do understand the tracks need to be playable for everyone, but its cool to watch the races and see the top 1% doing the seemingly impossible so easily similar to IRL