MudCone Metropolis (mega project release)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

MudCone Metropolis (mega project release)

Post by mxrewind665 »

Welcome to MudCone Metropolis
"The moto city capitol of the world"
&
An Mxrewind, Sethypeety team project
Presented by Mudconeclothing.com so go check them out

Now before you download here is a little bit about the track. Yes the folder file is huge. Its an open source folder so I did not .saf it. When you download this track open the .rar then open the "Open this" folder, from there drag out the sub folders. The download includes 5 raceable tracks and 1 free roam track. Each raceable track is stripped to the bare essentials meaning anything that is visible on that track to help with racing performance. Trust me this track is not easy on the computers when racing with a lot of people so that's why we stripped them.

Track Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/y1vj89cu ... s.rar/file

This project took took a little over a year in the making. What started in 2019 and was scrapped then revamped in Nov. 2021. I wanted to push the limits to my creative ability and make something as decorative as possible to my capabilities while still paying attention to how well the tracks ride. I took on a newer creator Seth as I have seen his potential with his creations and liked his attention to environment so we teamed up. He created the EX and MX track and we both worked on the SM track. I created the SX, AX, and FMX track as well as the city layout. Without him this project also wouldnt be at the capability I would like it as my computed hardly could handle this at times. So thanks to him for doing decals. I tried to keep the visuals busy as a city normally is. People walking around, The sounds of the city, and an event set up on each track. While you ride around the city checking it out there are lots of easter eggs scattered around to keep you exploring the whole map. Enjoy your visit to Mudcone Metropolis.

Credits: (to the best of my ability. so sorry if I missed you but thank you)
Osari52/Motoboss/Checkerz448/Pulse/Jay/DJ99x/DDMX/staydown/Haggqivist/VMXsky/yFMX/Wahlamt/giopanda/Markham/Afferts/PumaCXS, the rF track building crew, Palm189, Jacob hubbard for teaching me how to include sounds and thank you anyone else I missed. There were so many unique objects so im deeply sorry if you aren't mentioned.

Leave your comments and feedback below!
Team: CANVAS

Re: MudCone Metropolis (mega project release)

Post by 317 »

Maaaad respect for this; absolutely beautiful work! The time that goes into MX Simulator creations is mind-blowing.
It truly shows how dedicated the people in this community are to such a simple yet amazing Game! Thank you JLV for sim.

:D !! MUDCONE METRO IS LIT !! :D
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

While looking gorgeous, it isn't a home run:

Environment is an absolute beauty, one of the best in sim for an immersive experience. 9.8/10

Mx was fun, flowy and easy to vibe on. 8/10

Stadium Sx was good, but kinda bland(?), I'm not sure. 6.5/10

EX was interesting. I liked the layout and features but, dare I say a bit too easy? Like the features had a bit too much forgiveness. 7.5/10

Supermoto might be the best track on here. It's just a fun time to ride. The flow from switchbacks to road rhythms to high speed singles and the booter for a finish just makes it blast. 8.5/10

Indoor AX is... fine. I think the rhythm could have used one less jump or less pop on the first single, 250's shouldn't 5 the whole section 5.5/10

Outdoor/bonus SX was no bueno, layout was better than the indoor but that scaling could have used some rework and please remember to smoothen transitions at least a little, you've received criticisms on most of your tracks for this in the past and it's still haunting you. 4/10

Outdoor/bonus AX was very fun for ax, I like the layout and the scaling felt like it was in the sweet spot for ax. 7/10

FMX is where I'm really sad. While model ramps look cool they also kinda suck with current collisions in sim, making for a limiting and wildly inconsistent experience. And again, SMOOTHEN YOUR TRANSITIONS! FMX landings are not triangles, there is always a sweep on the bottom 1/3 to 1/4 of the landing. The funbox works because low force impact respectively, but the wallride has the same problem as the ramps with collisions due to the transistion being too abrupt and the angle of entry too straight. The layout was also really 1 dimensional and open making it not fun. 2/10

Overall, it's stunning to explore and ride between the tracks and some of them you end up at are a blast to run some laps on before heading somewhere else, but there are area's I'm going to avoid and those area's are nearly half the map. 6.7/10
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

317 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:05 pm
Super glad you liked the map dude!!
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:34 pm
And I really appreciate the feedback, I built the MX, EX and both "Bonus Tracks". I wanted the EX to have a bit more difficulty but because my skill as a player isn't there I had a hard time testing it and ended up having to nerf some of the obstacles to make it test ridable for myself. Also sorry the bonus sx track kinda sucked, I built it in less than an hour and ended up scrapping a bunch of it so it just messed up the layout :?
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

317 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:05 pm Maaaad respect for this; absolutely beautiful work!
Thank you for the kind words. Makes me want to stay regular with releasing again.
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:34 pm While looking gorgeous, it isn't a home run:
Thank you for the feedback. Kinda rusty with the sim stuff as I haven’t released a track or really touched the game much since 2016. No excuses though so I appreciate all the feedback. I agree the FMX is kinda bare and I could’ve done better. The bonus tracks were not me so I hope my transitions have improved when building the main sx and ax. I know the FMX landers were harsh. I made the FMX more as a display piece to duck around on and it shows I neglected it. Will update this project another season possibly.

As for the good feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed Seth’s MX and the supermoto we both tackled. Gotta give it to Seth he really spruced that layout up with the obstacles. I couldn’t handle the track on my computer at one point and he stepped up to bring it to the level it was out. Overall loved working with him and hopefully we were able to teach eachother some things along the way. I’m glad you loved the environment as well.

Feedback is the reason I’ve continued making tracks. Can’t grow without it. Glad y’all enjoyed it overall for the most part. :)
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

mxrewind665 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 am The bonus tracks were not me so I hope my transitions have improved when building the main sx and ax.

I'm sorry for making the assumption and pinning the all blame on you, but from your previous work it was a common nitpick for you in the past and with a sudden return it seemed the old habits stuck around. Not excusing my mistake, just acknowledging the reasoning.
mxrewind665 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 am I know the FMX landers were harsh. I made the FMX more as a display piece to duck around on and it shows I neglected it. Will update this project another season possibly.
The reason it made me so sad is with a project as big and detailed as this, anything half-assed is going to stand out extra, and I wanted this to be really good. When you are trying to push your limits, you gotta trim what doesn't make the cut, and I REALLY felt it with the FMX which bummed me out ngl.
sethypeety wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:07 am I built the MX, EX and both "Bonus Tracks". I wanted the EX to have a bit more difficulty but because my skill as a player isn't there I had a hard time testing it and ended up having to nerf some of the obstacles to make it test ridable for myself.
I get that, and I was being extra critical going through the tracks because of the bar the environment set in my brain. My personal recommendation is once you have it riding at your skill level, raise the height of the statues by half a foot to a foot so they are more impactful. Personally I think enduro/EX shouldn't be easy
sethypeety wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:07 am Also sorry the bonus sx track kinda sucked, I built it in less than an hour and ended up scrapping a bunch of it so it just messed up the layout

I get how much polishing these scaled projects need and it comes down to either keep polishing or removing the problems. If these were 8 separate tracks, all but the FMX would be rated higher than what I gave em because I can be more lenient in my rating. The AX was mint, but that SX either needed to be wiped or rebuilt
mxrewind665 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 am Feedback is the reason I’ve continued making tracks. Can’t grow without it. Glad y’all enjoyed it overall for the most part. :)
I do apologize for coming off a bit unnecessarily harsh, but I love your creative idea's when it comes to your tracks and I just want them to keep me entertained and not making an abundance of critics, and when you make an absolute gem of an environment the flaws in terrain almost ruins the immersion that you worked so hard to achieve. I want the quality to match the creativity is all.

It's not a home run, it looked like it might be but turned into a double, disappointing but not bad. IMO needed 2 more weeks of polish
fletcher207
Team: DPH Performance

Post by fletcher207 »

locve all the tracks bro super unique map just make its so much better hope to see more tracks like this or from you :D
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

fletcher207 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:46 am locve all the tracks bro super unique map just make its so much better hope to see more tracks like this or from you :D
Thank you! I’m thinking about creating more often again. I enjoyed this project.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

InsaneFMX wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:19 am I do apologize for coming off a bit unnecessarily harsh, but I love your creative idea's when it comes to your tracks and I just want them to keep me entertained and not making an abundance of critics, and when you make an absolute gem of an environment the flaws in terrain almost ruins the immersion that you worked so hard to achieve. I want the quality to match the creativity is all.

It's not a home run, it looked like it might be but turned into a double, disappointing but not bad. IMO needed 2 more weeks of polish
I appreciate the feedback and I’m glad you hold my work to a high standard. It’s been a long while and I’m thinking of getting back to it more. I’ll have to work on another FMX track to make up for the miss on this project :wink:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

What a comeback Zach! This just an amazing release, takes me back to 2011 with Motoboss's Moto City! I'll do this in Dominic's style!

MX: Motocross track is really good, not much that I can say other than that. Got a few big hits, some small hits and so on. Fun factory is high. Ruts and traction is to my liking. 8.5/10

SX: Was ready to just be over this one, couldn't get a flow going at all. Figured "how big difference can mx and sx setups really be?". Very big as it turns out! Absolutely killer! Once I got my SX setup loaded I got into a flow immediately. Had plenty of different options for lines at all places. Scaling was a bit big, but actually really enjoyable. Reminds me quite a bit of the 2015 Fammx spring SX series, which to this day is some of the best SX tracks in the game! If I just played a bit more I could probably learn some new lines here too. 9.7/10

AX: Fun AX. Does take me back to when you built them regularly :wink: Only complaint is that I can relatively easily jump the entire rhythm in one go, as Dominic said. Other than that, solid AX. Still fun. 7/10

FMX: I agree here that it was neglected to a certain degree, but those ramps are actually pretty good. Usually I hate object ramps too, but the two I hit in the video held up good. Good enough to where I just started throwing whips and see for how long I could do it. One of the best times I've had in a while tbh. They did throw me out of shape at a number of occasions. I'm also quite certain that you meant to put one more ramp in, but forgot in one place :wink: Landing edge was hard for the "main jump". 5/10

Supermoto: Never really played much supermoto in sim, but it's fun to change things up. Track was good, traction was a good choice. Looks wise you nailed it. Metal ramps decals, great asphalt jumps decals and all. 8.5/10

EX: Never been too big of a fan of endurocross, since it's kind of hard to work up some flow. This one seems good to me, just not really my preferred track style to play. 6/10

Extra AX/SX: These are absolutely amazing. The AX track looks on point and feels on point. Multiple lines, just the right sized too. All shapes are well made and are really fun to play. Supercross track is just about perfect too. The only thing I can remark is the "finish double" (not the big booter at the start) seems just a little .. something, like the line to/from it is just a tad off. Other than that, "old school" sizing sort of. 9.8/10

Overall this is probably the most iconic release I've seen in a few years. One of the few tracks I'll definitely play once in a while for a good time forward and also one that looks amazing. The entire city is in there, so much environmental work and time put in. Absolutely love this and hope this compound finds its way into a lot of people's SSD's! Good to see proper credit being given, something you won't see much these days, at least not for tracks :wink:

Also, what did I do to get credit? :lol:
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:31 pm Also, what did I do to get credit? :lol:
I used the tileinfo, roost files, and decals from your winter SX track: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58019&p=902251#p902251
The decals ended up being cut in favor of the ones seen in the final version of the SM track.

Also thank you for the comments, your feedback is much appreciated!
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:31 pm What a comeback Zach! This just an amazing release, takes me back to 2011 with Motoboss's Moto City! I'll do this in Dominic's style
When I come back it’s swigging and this was a project I felt was the perfect one to get the attention. I’m glad you enjoyed the tracks on this city compound. Of course with the help of Seth as he had a big involvement as well. I put a lot of thought into the tracks I layed out and to make sure options for lines were a plenty. It’s comments like y’alls that keep me wanting to make a comeback more regular. And I’m sure I can work a few projects. Maybe a redemption FMX track next :lol:

Speaking of I was watching that video you posted and it does appear that a freestyle ramp was deleted in the final version or missing in yours. I know I had a ramp off to the right after the mxs ramp. Very unfortunate that was looked over when we did our final breeze through on the track. But that was part of the neglect as if I was on it I woulda caught that. Oh well. Maybe an updated version with another season I’ll fix it. Who knows