MXGP 2 Video Game

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: MXGP 2 Video Game

Post by aeffertz »

So frustrating. I can't find any fun in this game. The way to bike handles and reacts is just too terrible. Requested a refund. Maybe they'll get it right next time... :roll:
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

What physics are you running? This is by far the best moto game I've played. Good balance between a sim and arcade, phenomenal graphics, customization and track replication. I can't believe how good the terrain deformation is, you can actually dig ruts in the wet parts of the track, and they didn't even advertise it!
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I felt like Aeffertz until I got a fully modded bike, I actually enjoy playing it now. It already has more hours on it then the first mxgp game haha.
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Having a lot of fun with the plug and play feel of this game, didnt have the highest expectations so that probably why, will be having a bit more fun in PS soon too (mind the left hand getting whisky :lol: )
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Ok so after playing the living s*it out of the first game (was before I even touched MXS) I have now formed my opinion on the sequel.

How was the first game like?

Good things:
Graphics
Tracks
License
Replays

Bad thing:
Physics
Collisions
AI stupid
AI slow
Broken multiplayer
Track deformation pointless
No support for user created content

So after 15 hours or so in the second game, what is it like?

Good things:
Graphics (Looks stunning but first game looked good as well. Rider animation still wonky)
Tracks (Lots of tracks and they look really good)
License (Nice with real bikes even tho i baffles me they base it on last year)
Replays (Almost the best thing about the game, replays look fantastic)
Customizable bikes gear (Really cool feature where you can make your dude look the way you want)

Bad things:
Physics (Apart from the fact they removed the locked whip animation the physics is EXACTLY the same as the first game. And whips still looks retarded)
Collision (The way collision works in this game doesnt make the least bit of sense and is the single most frustrating thing about the gameplay)
AI Stupid (The AI doesnt care or notice you´re there. All AI riders pretty much take the same line every lap)
AI Slow (Started the game with highest difficulty, pro physics and everything on manual and won every race except I think 2. And I´m not that good)
Broken multiplayer (If the game doesnt disconnect you, which it does frequently, the race itself is a laggy piece of mess with super freaky collision detection. Even worse than the first game)
Track deformation pointless (Just like the first game the track deformation looks really nice but does nothing to how you play the track)
Credit system pointless (After my first 3 wildcard races I had enough credits to buy every possible upgrade and all the cosmetic stuff. Why is this even here?
No support for used created content

This is for the PC version btw.

Conclusion:
Was really excited for this as it looked really good. The customizable gear and bikes looked really neat.
All in all.

Its the same fucking game...

No, it really is. Apart from the whip animation which is gone and the custom bike/gear thing there is nothing new here.
Yes the tracks are new but they have the same problem as the first one.
Yeah you can maybe rail a berm better in this game but thats pretty much it and doesnt help the otherwise terrible physics engine.

Out of all the things the fans wanted from this game the whip animation was the only thing they fixed. The rest is exactly the same.

If only the multiplayer actually worked it would have been ok but nope...

So dissappointed with this, I really thought they´d learn from the first game.

Ah well. Its only 18 bucks so I can deal with it.
Feel sorry for you people who paid 50 bucks for this....
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

T-RIDER wrote:Having a lot of fun with the plug and play feel of this game, didnt have the highest expectations so that probably why, will be having a bit more fun in PS soon too (mind the left hand getting whisky :lol: )
How'd you get your bike to not have graphics?
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

You're narrow minded as fuck if you think this game is the same as last years.
Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

dylan22 wrote:You're narrow minded as fuck if you think this game is the same as last years.
How´s so?
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

This game is alot better than the first one. I enjoy it twice as much !

nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Hated it at first, especially the collisions with ai, but it's super fun when you get the hang of it with a fully modded bike.
Donate if you like My Creations
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Rayvenator wrote:No support for user created content
Oh ok

Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

T-RIDER wrote:
Rayvenator wrote:No support for user created content
Oh ok

Thats sweet! How did you do that?
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

He opened the .mix files and modded the game. It won't work online so GG.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

nickuzick wrote:He opened the .mix files and modded the game. It won't work online so GG.
Yeah it was late and I forgot how to computer. This morning before work I wrote a little console application to pack and unpack the mix files. Yeah I know there's a tool already but I don't trust sketch programs. I unpacked just fine edited the shitty skins to be how I wanted but when I packed them back up I packed the parent folder which was "Development" so it contained all of my projects. I opened the game and the models were invisible. I replaced the original mix backup file but that didn't fix it. Needless to say I'm going to have to reinstall but thank god for steam cloud save so I'm not gonna lose all of my progress :D