250f vs. 125

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mx985
Team: Privateer

Re: 250f vs. 125

Post by mx985 »

i looovee ridin a 125 250f is fine and i do have and ride one alot. but u just dont get the same power jolt respounce and that ring of the gears as u shift that sucker and clutch it. not to mention as everyone knows a 2 stroke is very very low matneince and easy to take care of.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I think, if your goal is to get fast and consistent lap times on a motocross track above all else, then a four-stroke (250F in this case) will do better for you. With that said, this can be hard to implement in MXS because most peoples' controllers don't give them the throttle control of a real bike, which is why we're hearing talk of sliding out in corners and such. As always, different riders use different bikes in different ways, and some guys truly are faster on the 125 no matter how much they try to use the 250F. To the extent that I've played the game, I'd put myself in this category.

Now, DJ mentioned that he rides "in the bush" and needs the power of the 250F. Well, shit man, if you need power, you might as well go big or go home. The other day I was on my 250 (2 stroke) and riding with my dad who was on a 390 (also 2 stroke) and the difference was immense. The SOB didn't even have to shift; he just kept it in fifth and growled out of corners V8 style. Meanwhile, I'm fighting for my life trying to keep up, banging third, forth, fifth out of a corner, and watching him crackle into the sunset. The moral of the story is, if you really want low-end power from hell, the open-classers will blow your mind. Just remember that if you ride them to the limit, you'll go from zero to hospital in 4.6 seconds.

It all depends on your style and what you want to do with your machine.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

JETZcorp wrote:With that said, this can be hard to implement in MXS because most peoples' controllers don't give them the throttle control of a real bike, which is why we're hearing talk of sliding out in corners and such.
That's a big thing, even with analog sticks or triggers, you still don't get as much control as a normal throttle. Plus I don't think half throttle is really as fast as compared to real life, so everyone just pins it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Studebake

Post by Studebake »

I love 125s... they are flickable and are a lot of clutch work (which i think is fun). Plus you can correct mistakes fairly easy
When In doubt, Ride Motocross.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

JETZcorp wrote: Now, DJ mentioned that he rides "in the bush" and needs the power of the 250F. Well, (organic matter) man, if you need power, you might as well go big or go home.
Yeah, I agree there in a way. My dad's 450 is excellent for the bush. I just like riding 250F's because you can flog them, and are much better for tight riding, and racing. When it comes time for me to get a new bike, it will be a tough decision for what capacity to get (I'd love a Berg 390 or Kato 400, good halfway point).
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

my dads got a husky 510 for when he goes in the bush, its a really nice bike
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
huntermx4

Post by huntermx4 »

yz 125 is the funnest ever to ride :mrgreen:
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Shadow wrote:125, like in real life. I can't ride with a 250f. Too much low end power, I'm always powersliding with those damn things. :lol:
And whatever gives you faster lap times makes you faster.
I just played mxsim on my old comp with ..Dunno what date snapshot, but old, way before multiplayer, it had rider lean though..And the bike was SO much more stable, almost no powersliding, and I could brake easily on bumpy tracks and so..No sliding around at all, just realllly small but no highsides, my lap times were way better than they are now.. :shock:
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I've been mostly using yz125 in the game 'cause it's the only 2-stroke that's gotten a better bike model released (If I remember correctly). So, decided to use a kx125 for a change and damn I was surprised how different it felt. The kx felt a lot more maneuverable than the yz and I could attack the track a lot more aggressively than before.
I haven't yet tried either suzuki or honda's 125s yet and they'll surely be next in the list but I started to wonder though, if anyone else has had a same kind of experience where they've found a bike that they've rarely used or tried to fit them better than the one they're mostly using?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
zane

Post by zane »

i dont know about you shadow, but for me the only difference i know ingame with all the 125 is their power curves. Other than that, i can preety much pick a colour and i wouldnt know a difference.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can tell a difference in handling because of power changes, I know that the YZ 4 strokes I have to grow into to, The Suzuki, Kawa, and Honda just come naturally. The cr125 is alot easier of a bike to learn how to ride hard on, the kx and rm aren't as forgiving, and the yz is about a midpoint between the two.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.