2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by jlv »

Puma, you jinxed AP by picking Sexton. This is your fault!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That was sad seeing AP go down. Too bad Smith didn't make the main either. And both Hill's top 10. That's really impressive.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:16 am Puma, you jinxed AP by picking Sexton. This is your fault!
It'd be the first time I've jinxed something into my favor. So, sorry AP :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wahlamt wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:47 am That was sad seeing AP go down. Too bad Smith didn't make the main either. And both Hill's top 10. That's really impressive.
AP sure kept his composure by holding on right up until deciding he wanted to be a quadriplegic. Most spectacular since Roczen's superman. Smith's was really wild too! There's been some huge crashes this year where they "walked away" instead of serious injury. Kinda like Webb's forward flip onto concrete. Lucky. Hill in the top ten in points? WTF? Josh's fitness and hunger are looking up too.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

45 minute wait for food here in Seattle, but dank! Hope the weather stays like this! Go Hills!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Boy! McAdoo sure shit the bed there! Two big-ol titanium sparks went flying forward during that crash! I can't wait to see the replay! Jett is legendary!
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:31 ambig-ol titanium sparks went flying forward during that crash! I can't wait to see the replay
The replay barely shows the sparks. Not nearly as white as what I saw. Spokes on footpeg I'd guess. We were so lucky to get a nice dry warming period that lasted for the race. Pleasant surprise every time! Go Hills!
TeamHavocRacing

Great frickin' season still!! One for the books that the pundits will talk about for years. Sexton closing it up and bringing some new momentum in there with Webb getting that infamous stern, freshly poked bear look and Eli jus' chillin'. It's popcorn time! I can't be more happy for the Hills getting such good results and coverage. I'm jumping outta my skin about the return to LA Coliseum and racing through the peristyles! These SMX tracks are really cool and good shot in the arm for the sport IMO. The coverage has really gotten top notch, without awkward segments or attempts to reach too far outside their demo with Daniel Blair just knocking it out of the park. Also excited to see more brands soon,
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's funny how often the Hills finish consecutively with each other. Must be almost exactly the same speed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Justin has more of a fitness mind than Josh over the years. Josh said he's "not a tri-athlete", but since his previous retirement he's been riding a lot and getting a good base and it looks like he's having so much more fun getting in better shape, especially with a good home life now. That's really important according to Kris Keefer, as well as beating off.
TeamHavocRacing

Seems like Bubba really didn't want to change topics from Roczen to the Hills. "I just wanna watch Roczen ride." I saw that someone posted the clip of him trying to grab Josh's bike when he caused the 1st turn pileup in the Daytona grass start. Coincidence?
TeamHavocRacing

Holy crap! We're just now getting to the Nashville SX and seeing Webb getting hit in real-time betrayed how bad it really was! I was really trippin on watching him try to get up. I thought it was in slo-mo and then I realized he was not really there. Good thing he is a tank because that totally looked like a basilar skull fracture for any lesser man. Crushing to see him sob like that! Was such a great battle for the ages going into the final rounds. El Hombre in the LCQ as I write this?!? Go Hill!
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

That Moto 10 just keeps proving itself. Any other helmet and Webb is out like a light
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Nice top 5 for Hill.

There was a funny thread on Vital where someone thought maybe it wasn't such a good idea for the medics to let Webb try to get up and walk and the Vitards ripped him new one! Lucky there wasn't anything wrong with his spine or they might have put him in a wheelchair for life right there.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I drove and was there in person. Track was really boring for a layout and then the conditions only made it worse.

I always forget the type of people that go to these events and I feel like its slowly getting so much worse. Just selfishly worried about their entertainment and no one elses. The row of Tomac fans behind me were cheering at Webb getting his head ran over and yelling "Night Night!" before he ever started moving and, even as a known Webb hater, that was the grossest thing I may have ever been witness to. Also, I like Deegan as a racer, but holy shit, are the Deegan fans insufferable lmao
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.