MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I saw voxel Doom when they released the video and thought "It still looks like shit, but in 3D." That or Minecrap.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:21 pm I saw voxel Doom when they released the video and thought "It still looks like shit, but in 3D." That or Minecrap.
I guess it's a tough sell if you didn't like the original game. But, as you can see in the video, making 3d models for Doom that aren't a disaster isn't easy. Even the official sequels "re-imagined" them into generic aliens that just happen to look exactly like what every 3d artist with z-brush poops out.

Ideally I'd want something that looks like this only 3d. Easier said than done!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I'm still wondering why so many people have to look backwards instead of creating the most realistic MODERN version. Doom Eternal is what I'm thinking. Reimagine it in there!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:02 pm I'm still wondering why so many people have to look backwards instead of creating the most realistic MODERN version. Doom Eternal is what I'm thinking. Reimagine it in there!
Nostalgia. That's why we're still playing Doom remakes 30 years later.

And don't re-imagine it. Make it look like what the original would have done if it weren't restricted by hardware limitations.

I think Doom Eternal's artwork is much nicer than Doom 3 BTW. Doom 3 was cool technology but I hated what they did to the Doom monsters. Doom Eternal is much more faithful to the original even if it's not exactly what I'd want.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

One of my old favorites was Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2. It was controversial because of the 200 different points on the body that can be separately damaged or blown off. Gory yes, but it was remarkable work. No chance anyone could sell a title like that ever again.
TeamHavocRacing

R.I.P. Loretta Lynn. I sure didn't like her music, but I sure loved what she did for amateur motocross!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Was sad to hear about Loretta. Not to fear though, that amateur event turns that cow pasture into a money pit so I have no doubts her estate will keep the race.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

My thoughts on the WSX, putting it in a spoiler for those who hasn't had the ability to see it yet!
Lots of "media" problems, rough around the edges. Racing was good, overall, for being the first ever of this even, it was good!

What I liked:
  • Lots of gate drops.
  • Superpole was cool!
  • New camera angles.
  • Good track, felt like a proper SX track.
  • Ralph and Emig was a good choice, probably better than having people no one knew who they are.
  • Cool format with the races.
Things that wasn't as good:
  • Camera coverage:
    Where do you even begin? The onboard cameras were really cool, but used too much. You saw far too little of the racing with them, especially with the races being so short. Also some of the angles seemed broken/blurry after a while, but they still got used. Solution: shorter bursts of onboard cameras and when you have them, use a picture in picture box in the upper right corner of the normal tv camera. Best of both worlds. Also don't use cameras that aren't fully functional.
  • SHOW US THE POINTS SYSTEM!
    Did we even get explained to us how it worked? I thought it was the olympic scoring until we saw points in the 50's. Then I thought you got your place in reverse, so 2nd place would be 19 points, 1st place 20 points, 20th place 1 points etc. Then we saw Tomac's points and he had 50, so it was 25 per win. Then next time he has 26 points more, 76. Where is the extra point coming from? The longer race? P2 in superpole = 1 point?
  • Who won (do we need to say more?)? No one seemed to get that right in the production team...
  • Price giving ceremony. Did they practice that at all? The had a "bikini babe" holding the trophy, but she gave it to some old guy that gave it to the riders... Who also didn't realize he was supposed to do that at first. Then the 2nd time around, they forgot the trophies and went straight to the bubble's, after getting 3'rd place wrong. Plus the singular camera angle there was really awkward. Get the girl to give the trophies and have different angles to change between.
  • Interviews seemed a bit stiff and unnatural. Kristen cut Eli off when he was answering, plus he seemed to answer other questions than what was asked. On the flip side the team principal interviews were good.
  • Format issue. I was thinking "Now it goes to commercial" so many times, thankfully it wasn't ever. The heat races were good, great pacing. Pretty quick to superpole too. Then we have 3 250 races in quick succession, felt like a few more minutes between would've been nice. Felt like I barely had time to pee between them. Change it from 5 to 8 or something. After the 250 main events blitz it was off to an arena of darkness for 30-40 minutes, like ... hellooo? What was up? The break just felt very weird. Would've made more sense to have it after the superpole if you ask me.
  • Wildcard? Tomac's a wildcard here. Does that mean he can race next week? Does the wildcards have to change each round? How many is there, what's the selection process?
I may seem really critical, but rather the opposite. This was a first, great way to iron stuff out during the 2 week break. There's a ton of potential here, so I have a great feeling about 2023! Already excited for the next round.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Huge shoutout to Burkeen for winning Muddy Creek’s Cody Gragg memorial 2 stroke race this weekend!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:15 pm When you kinda squint your eyes you can see how far the sphere of gravitational influence reaches! It's almost the entire field. I love getting lost in these deep field images. The Carina nebula one is 180 Megabytes!
They just did a video on using gravitational lensing to create undistorted images on PBS Spacetime.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

So, we gotta talk about Ross Chastain's wall ride to totally yeet himself into the NASCAR Final 4! One time deal I hope we never get to see allowed again. It's bad enough that zoomers treat the roads like GTA. Some of the high speed highway crashes lately seem suicidal. I guess old people said the same shit about my youthful exuberance.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:48 pm So, we gotta talk about Ross Chastain's wall ride to totally yeet himself into the NASCAR Final 4! One time deal I hope we never get to see allowed again. It's bad enough that zoomers treat the roads like GTA. Some of the high speed highway crashes lately seem suicidal. I guess old people said the same shit about my youthful exuberance.
Here's a video. I could have swore I heard about someone in NASCAR trying that a long time ago and even had wheels under the bodywork that would smooth it out after the sheet metal wore away. I can't find anything about it though so maybe it was just a tall tale. I think it was in the Richard Petty era.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

The reaction to this is hilarious! It's as if they'd seen Jesus hisself doin' the drivin'! It is remarkable how it looks like it was on fast forward through the turn. I definitely Give the laziest guy the hardest job and he'll figure out the easiest way to do it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That was epic, move of the decade in motorsport probably.