MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Robert196

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by Robert196 »

I haven't raced a car in over 2 years and I haven't ridden a motorcycle in over 6 and I'm starting to actually lose my mind. Also may have just failed a final today. I'm supposed to be graduating this week. fml. I'm majoring in electrical engineering but I realized I should be in computer. Less math, more getting things to work. It's crazy how much playing this game when I was 12 shaped my interests so much. Not just tech, but how some of us on here got into iRacing 10 years ago, which led me to racing irl. My dad got knee surgery right before covid and still cant get around well and I have college and we just haven't been back to the track since covid. At least I can still say I've won my last 2 races :lol: .

I seem to come back here when i'm feeling nostalgic. It's nice to see it's still a good forum here. I'll have to come back more often.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Robert196 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:25 am At least I can still say I've won my last 2 races :lol: ... nostalgic...
You inspired me to do more iRacing man! I just finished 3rd in points for Season 4 Div. 5 Pro 4 trucks. The first season I've contested in years! Hope to get up to Div. 4 so I can concentrate on clean racing. What have you been racing?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:42 am
Robert196 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:25 am At least I can still say I've won my last 2 races :lol: ... nostalgic...
You inspired me to do more iRacing man! I just finished 3rd in points for Season 4 Div. 5 Pro 4 trucks. The first season I've contested in years! Hope to get up to Div. 4 so I can concentrate on clean racing. What have you been racing?
Since I'm in school and have a small apartment I've had to give my sim rig to my dad for the past few years. I've been running a G29/VR on my desk though and it does the trick. I usually just do the occasional AI race in whatever I'm feeling because I don't have the best internet here. I get all my stuff back and am moving in a few weeks so I've been thinking of doing rallycross next season and maybe try to qualify for the pro series. The TCR cars are tempting too though. I can never decide what to race honestly. Everything on iRacing is a blast. May do the Daytona 24 this year if some of us sim guys can make a team.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing

It was awesome watching you go into real racing! I started Pro 4 last season and after my first race I was 1st in points in div. 5. I obsessed over the points position and threw my SR out the window to get position. I got DQed once and punted out twice to end up 3rd on the season. Next season will be ALL about keeping clean. Damn the points! I want to race the new Honda too, so I will likely dabble there.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Go Hill! He absolutely can't let them go into a partnership with a domestic manufacturer!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It looks so good I'm scared it's too good to be true. How can they save a full 20 pounds vs the Alta? Also not sure about the magnesium battery box. Not hard to imagine a battery problem starting a really bad fire.

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That looks really good. Hope they'll stick around.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:08 am...magnesium battery box. Not hard to imagine a battery problem starting a really bad fire.
It's very rare they use pure magnesium. It's more like 70-30 alloyed with aluminum for fire hazard. Made mag hubs for Freightliner and that's the alloy they used. You could still get some thin, stringy cutting chips to ignite!
TeamHavocRacing

Robert196 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:23 am May do the Daytona 24 this year if some of us sim guys can make a team.
I asked DMills and Phat about it. No serious discussion. What car?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:52 pm It's very rare they use pure magnesium. It's more like 70-30 alloyed with aluminum for fire hazard. Made mag hubs for Freightliner and that's the alloy they used. You could still get some thin, stringy cutting chips to ignite!
I had this image of a wire wearing through its insulation and turning the bike into a tracer round. Good to know it won't be a problem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
baker

Post by baker »

jlv wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:59 am It's beautiful.
That looks mighty sleek. I was wondering if any companies were working on a electric bike targeted for moto racing after Alta folded a few years ago.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

jlv wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:37 am https://iss-sim.spacex.com/
This is easier than docking in KSP. Granted in ksp, you can yolo it and the game picks up the slack. But the controls and information make for an easier docking initially.
Hi
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Boblob801 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:07 pm This is easier than docking in KSP. Granted in ksp, you can yolo it and the game picks up the slack. But the controls and information make for an easier docking initially.
Once you figure out the coordinate system you can dock it just off the numbers without even looking at the graphics. Pretty funny when you mess around and notice there's a Tesla behind you.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com