MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:40 am Like Broderbund or On-Line Systems! I was into Geoff Crammond games.
Broderbund or Sierra On-Line would be waaay out of my reach. It'd have to be something dead and buried for 30 years. Something like Imagic or Mastertronic.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Saw the news about Hartranft. Absolutely gutted for him. Get well soon buddy

In other news, when I read that my second thought was for Roczen. I knew that was a team on the table for him, and also with Mumford claiming a similar issue I thought for sure it would take Suzuki off the board for him. Was really surprised to hear that he ended up with them and not a privateer KX from Mitch or the Firepower Honda.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 am Saw the news about Hartranft. Absolutely gutted for him. Get well soon buddy

In other news, when I read that my second thought was for Roczen. I knew that was a team on the table for him, and also with Mumford claiming a similar issue I thought for sure it would take Suzuki off the board for him. Was really surprised to hear that he ended up with them and not a privateer KX from Mitch or the Firepower Honda.
Could it be a 2 year plan with a new bike for 2024? Think I heard or read somewhere that Suzuki was trying to sign AC to a 2 year deal previously this year?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

R.I.P. Ken Block. A snowmobile on a steep slope fell back on him. After years of going 90 miles an hour sideways through the woods.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Just like Schumacher or Rene Hofer. The mountains are a dangerous place. RIP Ken
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

So many die a different way than you'd expect them to. Like Colin McRae in a helicopter, Davey Allison and too many others to plane crashes. Been thinking of Mirra too.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Dafuq? Ken Block, Jeff Beck, Lisa Marie Presley and Robbie Knievel all died in pretty quick succession! 'Tis the season?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:14 pm Jeff Beck
Never heard about this guy except for when searching for Beck movies. Beck is a Swedish movie-series about a criminal investigator. Only time I've ever seen him show up... From the context I've gathered, he was a musician.
TeamHavocRacing

He sure was! Not to be confused with Beck (Beck Hansen) who sang Loser and Devils Haircut etc. Jeff Beck was in more songs than people realize. He and Johnny Depp made an album right after Depp's infamous trial with Amber Heard last year. His guitar work was sublime.
TeamHavocRacing

I'll just leave this right here...
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'm sure you look like Randy Marsh after reading that one :lol:
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

lol!
Hey man, I'm not TOTALLY self promoting. I hope you don't mind! You remind me of him with your coding efficiency. Not that I know coding enough to compare. I'd really like to find out if there is any other racing title that in it's vanilla install gets online and seeing other players moving faster than MX Simulator. In my experience there is no faster.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The exceptional thing about Carmack is how he attacks problems from all different sides. When you read about Quake's visible surface determination it's amazing all the different approaches that were not only considered but actually attempted. Most people just come up with a plan and implement it.

Cool to find out he's a supercross fan!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 amCool to find out he's a supercross fan!
He's all kinds of cool! Big martial arts guy, loves his gold Ferarris, got me through the 90s etc. I never tried Rage though. Masters of Doom was a good book in case you haven't checked it out.