Im pullin a DDavis

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yamaha#521

Re: Im pullin a DDavis

Post by yamaha#521 »

Stormz wrote:
Hahahaha, that's funny.

I've only had KTM/Yamaha's throughout my life. Yamaha's are very reliable, but my KtM's are wayyyy more reliable.

Yeah, they're about $800-1000 more, but they are worth it if you can afford it.
Well, i guess they ship the shitty ones to finland. But kawi has the best engine, yes ktm has more power but it's not so "smooth" as it is in kawasaki. i dont know how to say it but just look at the dyno:
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Stormz wrote:Yamaha's are very reliable, but my KtM's are wayyyy more reliable.
I don't believe you. I know a guy thats done over 1200 hours on his Yamaha, does the piston and rings every 200-300 hours. Changes the filter when ever he feels like it. Everyone I know that has had a KTM has had something break, more then any bike I know of (Although engine wise, the crf250's are catching up). I know the 50s, 85's were the worst bikes in 2004-ish. Yeah they were a lot faster but you'd be lucky to finish a 3 round series. (This was good for me :lol: )
Hi
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

So, wait, you're looking at a bike that's almost 9 years old, not to mention mini bikes not even full size like Evans is asking about, for comparison? Really? Get on the same topic before you bash someone who has first hand knowledge.

I've HAD KTM's since 2007, every single model year since then, and never once has anything broken on them. Every Yamaha I have owned has been pretty much the same, except I had to adjust my valves more on the yzf's, hence more maintenance required. Maybe I just don't tear the shit out of my bikes like your friends do because I don't crash every 20 feet? Anne now I am talking out of my ass. :mrgreen:
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

I wasnt bashing on you I was just comparing my "first hand knoledge". Wow you get butt hurt really fast. I was simply using history as a good comparrison aswell. If Germany started to build a massive army, people would probably freak out.... History it a good comparrison. I was just saying Yamaha (as far as I know) Is the most reliable brand of bikes ever made. Not saying I like them just basing this off of what I see and hear. I'm sure your KTM's are great but the reason I used mini's is because beleive it or not they are actually made by KTM aswell, shock and oh. That and the mini bikes were the biggest pices of shit for reliability. I never heard of someones mini NOT breaking, obviously this was awhile ago but it still counts. Can't say I hear of many KTM's breaking lately but its more frequent then any other brand. People don't say they break a lot for no reason, maybe you got lucky. Yeah we all fall every 20feet? Would it even be possible to break more than levers if you were to fall that often, you'd be lucky to hit 2nd. Its not that we tear the shit out of our bikes we just crash at speeds exceeding 2nd gear.
Hi
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Not really butthurt, I think you misinterpreted my last post. No big deal. I was mainly just going off your statement of, "I know a guy..." and that's not first hand knowledge.

Overall, I agree, the Yamaha's have been the most reliable in my opinion for as long as I've been around. KTM's are super popular now, and I think that's why you hear of so many breaking down. Kind of like the Honda Civic, yeah 100,000 break down every year but there's 10,000,000 on the road, so less than 1%, if you get my example (not saying 1% breakdown in terms of KTM's...but yeah you gotta look at how many are out there then look at how many breakdown.)

All mini's are piles of shit for reliablity, in terms of 2 strokes.

You apparently haven't ever been to a woods race...the Pro's and A's are fuckin hauling by the time they hit the first turn...which isn't much more than 30-50 feet for both classes around here.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Yeah never raced in woods, never competed for a Junior pro national cross country title before. And I also obviously am not family friends with a previous GNCC and OMA champion so you are 100% right.

The only mini bikes I know of that have broken down are KTM's, nothing else.

And when I say I know a guy I meant I raced with him atleast every second week for a year.

I guess you could say that only 1% breakdown (Obviously just a number for example) But I "see" more break then any other bike. So they might still be reliable but there not as reliable as any other brand except for maybe husqvarna.
Hi
m121c

Post by m121c »

I always had freak things happen to my ktm's. I always had a problem with my 2011 starting, keeping it running after the first 5 seconds of being started, and the brakes going out within 2 laps. Now my 2007 144 was a complete beast just couldn't keep cylinders on the damn thing cause it was a fire breathing dragon it seemed like. As stormz I was just one of the many people who had a ktm, and I just had a bad one out of the many that were good. Ktm's weren't for me anyway, just didn't work with me, so glad I went to suzukis and away from the ktms though. Just feel more at home on the bike than the ktm.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Im deff getting a kx250f
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I know a guy thats done over 1200 hours on his Yamaha
Yeah, nah. That'd have to be over 40-60000 km's.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

DJ99X wrote:
I know a guy thats done over 1200 hours on his Yamaha
Yeah, nah. That'd have to be over 40-60000 km's.
It was used as a farm bike also so it was around 2hours every day for the course of 4 years.
Hi
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

supercross711 wrote:Im deff getting a kx250f
There you go, you wont be disappointed. :D
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Also neck brace opinions? I used to run a leatt but thinking atlas or EVS.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

Neck brace works fine for me.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Ya but which one...
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

At the end of the day it just comes down to which one you find most comfortable. No one on here is going to be able to answer that question for you :wink: