Battlefield/CoD

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: Battlefield/CoD

Post by Sandhapper »

I played BF4 beta on xbox360 since 1 october. Now I've got it on my pc and GAWD, this game is AWESOME on pc. So much better than BF3 on pc IMO.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So bad ass. It's pretty buggy for me, but the awesome map makes up for it.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fighting in the center skyscraper is the most epic thing I've done in a shooter.
My photography work
Prada

Post by Prada »

Shit definitely gets hectic up there
DJD

Post by DJD »

They changed up the sniper rifle characteristics, I can not seem to get the hang of it at all. I hate the vapor trails (and the scope glint from BF3), it makes being a defensive sniper kinda irrelevant.

Other than that its the same old Battlefield, not a bad thing I guess. Seems to take a large amount of hits to take people down as well, or the hit boxes are smaller.

Most likely feels that way because all I played of BF3 were the hardcore modes. I hate the bullet spongy feel the normal mode has.

My reaction times are good, but I usually only get a couple hits at range and they scurry away. :lol:
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Robert196 wrote:
MrStickers wrote:
---RiLeY---151--- wrote:The game doesnt look that "stunning" probably didn't bother to upload all the textures and stuff to it or?
You're talking about CoD right?
I hope so. BF4 looks amazing. Especially on Ultra graphics. Im surprised I can run it with 50+ fps.
Whats your specs?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DJD wrote:They changed up the sniper rifle characteristics, I can not seem to get the hang of it at all. I hate the vapor trails (and the scope glint from BF3).
I have the exact same problems. I didn't use it too much but with the vapor i couldn't see the bullet drop. I don't know, I should definably try it out again.
My photography work
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The projectile physics/trajectories are either more realistic or less. Either way there's more drop to downrange rounds. The trails and traces are a great improvement over any other shooter I've seen. People saying same ol' BF haven't given it enough of a look. It's gonna take a real stretch to argue that CoD w/o vehicles is any better than this. Can't wait to see what's said.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Prada

Post by Prada »

It all comes down to player preference.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Been enjoying the BF4 beta quite a bit, but a few aspects of the game are just retarded. The game is visually just BF3.5 with bad optimization, and hopefully Shanghai isn't the best that DICE has up its sleeve because it pretty much blows. Bullet physics feel like BC2, especially with a sniper, which makes sniping almost obsolete in normal mode. I don't think adding the Halo-style power weapons placed aroud the map were a great choice, either. A 4x scope semi auto sniper that is a one shot kill to anywhere is pretty lame. Can't wait to play hardcore on a different map. Battlepacks seem kinda gay as well.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

KTM57 wrote:Been enjoying the BF4 beta quite a bit, but a few aspects of the game are just retarded. The game is visually just BF3.5 with bad optimization, and hopefully Shanghai isn't the best that DICE has up its sleeve because it pretty much blows. Bullet physics feel like BC2, especially with a sniper, which makes sniping almost obsolete in normal mode. I don't think adding the Halo-style power weapons placed aroud the map were a great choice, either. A 4x scope semi auto sniper that is a one shot kill to anywhere is pretty lame. Can't wait to play hardcore on a different map. Battlepacks seem kinda gay as well.
Couldn't agree more...

This is a short highlight video from my first couple games...I'm enjoying it, but only with friends. Solo blows.
Prada

Post by Prada »

I second that, the map blowing part.. Seems like there is no coverage anywhere on it. Mainly the reason what has kept me away from the beta a bit.

As far as the physics and what not, I haven't gotten to notice too much. A little bit slower recoil spread it feels like with AR's. Sniping felt pretty good to me, could almost feel the shots like you can in CoD, unlike BF3 where it felt just like a luck of the draw type hit. Oh well, the game will be sick regardless.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

I only had connection issues for about an hour after I first downloaded the beta.
gd1911
Crushed Dissenter

Post by gd1911 »

LMAO

I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win. - Ayrton Senna