Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Re: Photography

Post by model_90 »

some pics i took at the ironman national a few weeks back, got into photography over the summer and just decided to go buy a t7 to pass some of the time in between races or motos. Defintely a good idea as Ive had a blast learning and messing around with all the settings, currently using a 75-300mm lense and i typically shoot at f/5 with a high shutter speed for still (1/1000) and lower (1/250 typically works best ive seen ) for those cool pans shots
link to all the pics i post https://modelmatt1824b4a.myportfolio.com/work

Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

The pictures look good! What do you typically use for ISO? I have been having this issue lately where if its a sunny bright day my pictures get like oversaturated with redish highlights on the edges of white color. I was shooting at f/4.5, shutter speed around 1/1250, and ISO of 200.

I'll link the latest library I took yesterday, its really only an issue when I have direct sunlight against the bike. Just look for some insight!

https://www.motovatedmedia.com/9-13-MAL ... -PRACTICE/
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

for me iso fluctuates between 400-1600 during the day, i sometimes go to 3200 during night shoots, iso is something i change the most throughout the day,this is all just my opinion and what ive sort of learned from doing way too many shots lols
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
TylerMaillet
Team: Privateer

Post by TylerMaillet »

I haven't posted on here in a while so here's what i've been upta lately, featuring highly compressed images.
broland278

Post by broland278 »

model_90 wrote:for me iso fluctuates between 400-1600 during the day, i sometimes go to 3200 during night shoots, iso is something i change the most throughout the day,this is all just my opinion and what ive sort of learned from doing way too many shots lols
See if I were to shoot at lets say 400 and 1/1000, my pictures would be extremely overexposed if it were a sunny day like yesterday
TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

broland278 wrote:The pictures look good! What do you typically use for ISO? I have been having this issue lately where if its a sunny bright day my pictures get like oversaturated with redish highlights on the edges of white color. I was shooting at f/4.5, shutter speed around 1/1250, and ISO of 200.

I'll link the latest library I took yesterday, its really only an issue when I have direct sunlight against the bike. Just look for some insight!

The reddish highlights are chromatic abberation and it has to do with the quality of your lens. Shooting settings and your camera body have nothing to do with it. Obviously coming from a person who has my photography pay for itself it's easier to say, but the best investment I could have ever made was investing in a used 70-200 2.8. Even the mark 1 version struggled with chromatic abberation, but the mark 2 version is basically flawless and the F2.8 is what makes it worth the money. I know the question wasn't for me but as for what ISO I personally use, the 2.8 allows me to use ISO 100 at 1/1250-1/2000th and f2.8 typically. I like to keep my shutter at 1/1250-1/2000 for moto and can bring it down to at most 1/800 if it's dark.
broland278 wrote:See if I were to shoot at lets say 400 and 1/1000, my pictures would be extremely overexposed if it were a sunny day like yesterday
Basically, if you are to keep that 1/1250-1/2000 shutter speed and the widest aperture that your camera lens can do constantly (if it's a 4-5.6 then stick with 5.6), then all you need to do is change the ISO throughout the day, or if you hit ISO 100, then change to a faster shutter speed.
broland278

Post by broland278 »

TylerMaillet wrote:
broland278 wrote:The pictures look good! What do you typically use for ISO? I have been having this issue lately where if its a sunny bright day my pictures get like oversaturated with redish highlights on the edges of white color. I was shooting at f/4.5, shutter speed around 1/1250, and ISO of 200.

The reddish highlights are chromatic abberation and it has to do with the quality of your lens. Shooting settings and your camera body have nothing to do with it. Obviously coming from a person who has my photography pay for itself it's easier to say, but the best investment I could have ever made was investing in a used 70-200 2.8. Even the mark 1 version struggled with chromatic abberation, but the mark 2 version is basically flawless and the F2.8 is what makes it worth the money. I know the question wasn't for me but as for what ISO I personally use, the 2.8 allows me to use ISO 100 at 1/1250-1/2000th and f2.8 typically. I like to keep my shutter at 1/1250-1/2000 for moto and can bring it down to at most 1/800 if it's dark.
broland278 wrote:See if I were to shoot at lets say 400 and 1/1000, my pictures would be extremely overexposed if it were a sunny day like yesterday
Basically, if you are to keep that 1/1250-1/2000 shutter speed and the widest aperture that your camera lens can do constantly (if it's a 4-5.6 then stick with 5.6), then all you need to do is change the ISO throughout the day, or if you hit ISO 100, then change to a faster shutter speed.
Now that's exactly what I am looking to read. I have asked so many people and no one would offer any help or resolution or even understood what I was trying to explain. Thanks for the info man, even though I just do the pictures for fun, I need to start saving for a better lens like you explained.
sloas
Team: sbfr

Post by sloas »

Heres a picture i took of my friends Evil Insurgent.
https://imgur.com/umwScFN
sloas

Post by sloas »

Heres a picture i took of my friends Evil Insurgent.
https://imgur.com/umwScFN.jpg
sloas

Post by sloas »

sloas wrote:Heres a picture i took of my friends Evil Insurgent.
https://imgur.com/umwScFN.jpg
God damn i just cant figure out how to upload HD pics. Help?
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my 2001 Kawasaki KX125. The graphics were done by Jason Felkey at Split Designs Co.

The bike was rebuilt from the bottom up. We stripped the frame to raw steel, and then clear coated it with some torch marks throughout it.
We also had the hubs and swingarm powder-coated to a matte rough black.

I am absolutely in love with my bike though, and it rides so smooth and sounds sooo crispy. Hope you guys enjoy! :)

(also, all the photos were taken/edited by me :))

TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

Southwick National.