Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:33 am Are you being serious with this?

Seems you are in a moral dilemma not policy.. which is weird because morals is not exactly the DNC platform.
Changing the interpretation of the constitution so that the VP can overrule election results and select the president would be the biggest and worst policy change in the history of the United States.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:03 am No wonder we can't have unity in this country. You clearly don't fucking want it.
So NOW you want to pull the bleeding heart card? You suddenly have a unity message? BS
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I don’t disagree.

I find threatning to pack the supreme court, adding states that should not be states, and and wanting to abolish the electoral college equally as troubling. Don’t you?

No issue with them doctoring/purposely misrepresenting evidence not for one, not for 2 impeachments, but also for a wild investigation over an election THEY didnt like the results of?

Surely you see the irony.

Also, UNITY is bullshit. Its only unity if one side concedes their beliefs for the other. Its a “feel good” word for what it really is, mob rule.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm
DBRider251 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:03 am No wonder we can't have unity in this country. You clearly don't fucking want it.
So NOW you want to pull the bleeding heart card? You suddenly have a unity message? BS
I don’t care for unity, I really don’t. It’s never going to happen again. The last time we were unified was 2001. Today, if the same thing happened, you’d have half the country saying we deserved it because we’re so xenophobic.

You seemed to be a big advocate for unity by interpretation of (paraphrasing) “If we get rid of orange man we can move past this and be better.” You act like one president is all that was wrong with the country.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm I don’t disagree.

I find threatning to pack the supreme court, adding states that should not be states, and and wanting to abolish the electoral college equally as troubling. Don’t you?

No issue with them doctoring/purposely misrepresenting evidence not for one, not for 2 impeachments, but also for a wild investigation over an election THEY didnt like the results of?

Surely you see the irony.

Also, UNITY is bullshit. Its only unity if one side concedes their beliefs for the other. Its a “feel good” word for what it really is, mob rule.
That stuff all sucks but ordering your VP to overthrow an election is orders of magnitude worse. By voting against conviction the Republicans endorsed that. Most of the Republicans that did the right thing and voted to convict have been censured by their state parties which further confirms the insanity of the current Republican party. I wish it weren't the case but it's true.

It's definitely ironic that I'd have to vote for Stacy Abrams over a Republican on the issue of peaceful transfer of power but here we are. It shouldn't even be an issue but Trump made it one.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Texas, Mississippi, Iowa, Montana and North Dakota have all decided they know better than a couple hundred years of science and are helping to spread Covid AGAIN. I'm not surprised as those are all states I equate with backwards-ass, knuckle-dragging mouth breathers that can't spell nor add. Let alone care for others around them. Hopefully, those leaders can be sued later for endangering their citizens.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Doesn't make any sense when in couple months we'll be close to enough vaccinations for herd immunity.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Wait until you figure out that counties and businesses can still mandate masks, and individuals can still wear masks even without a mandate.
m121c

Post by m121c »

DBRider251 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:01 am Wait until you figure out that counties and businesses can still mandate masks, and individuals can still wear masks even without a mandate.
It will never be enough for elitist short sighted snobs..

I will enjoy the day I don’t have to think about the amount of times someone has touched their wet snot covered mask in one day trying so hard to please the mask police. But hey, ITS SCIENCE!!
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

m121c wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:00 pm It will never be enough for elitist short sighted snobs..

I will enjoy the day I don’t have to think about the amount of times someone has touched their wet snot covered mask in one day trying so hard to please the mask police. But hey, ITS SCIENCE!!
It still baffles me that someone can refer to someone else as a “backwards-ass, knuckle-dragging mouth breather that can’t spell nor add” while simultaneously wanting them to change their political views to fit yours. What a piece of shit elitist attitude.
m121c

Post by m121c »

DBRider251 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:34 pm It still baffles me that someone can refer to someone else as a “backwards-ass, knuckle-dragging mouth breather that can’t spell nor add” while simultaneously wanting them to change their political views to fit yours. What a piece of shit elitist attitude.
I don't really expect anything less. This thread is a great example of the double standard world our politics is rooted in. How intolerant and ignorant it it is to make such a statement. You can see the credibility fade and insanity build with every post. :lol:
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

m121c wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:44 pm I don't really expect anything less. This thread is a great example of the double standard world our politics is rooted in. How intolerant and ignorant it it is to make such a statement. You can see the credibility fade and insanity build with every post. :lol:
Like I said earlier in the thread, I don’t engage in discussion with him anymore because all he does is start attacking, mainly ad hominem attacks. It gets old.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's one thing to be skeptical of scientists who, for the last 40 years, have been predicting the ice caps are going to melt in 20 years. But on coronavirus they (not the same ones obviously) have been totally vindicated. If being a republican means you automatically go against science on everything you're going to be wrong most of the time.

Wearing a mask isn't a big deal. Why not save some lives until we're all vaccinated?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

I'm with you. I don't think it's a big deal. But I don't think it should be mandated. People should have the choice to wear one.
m121c

Post by m121c »

jlv wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:48 pm Wearing a mask isn't a big deal. Why not save some lives until we're all vaccinated?
It's not a big deal, I still wear one here in Iowa when wearing it is a rational circumstance. Most local governments and almost all businesses still require them. However, the illogical draconian mandates in many states (thankfully not mine) have over stepped their purpose and are now hurting people and organizations rather than helping them.

I agree the many have taken the science skepticism too far with COVID.. but the same can be said for the scientists. Fauci really is not the best face for the scientific community, he is loving the media circle jerks and has routinely crisscrossed guidelines. Unfortunately a lot of the criticism stems from the disconnect between the science and the elected officials.

Vaccines are rolling out to those on the front line and the vulnerable are getting theirs now. In Iowa, some of our local drive in pharmacies are making them publicly available very soon. I think lifting the mandates and allowing the public to assess their own risks isn't as big a deal as it is to still ask them to wear a mask. We have lived with this for a year now, have seen countless news conferences, and many have personally experienced the virus either directly or indirectly. I think the people can make their own decisions at this point.