Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

I have no problem with letting fools kill themselves. The problem in this case is the average person who contracts covid infects 2 more people. And the mask is more to prevent you from spewing on the people around you than to protect you. This is getting into libertarians against drivers licenses territory.

I like Fauci in general but he tends to lie when he thinks it will save lives. That's a mistake. Like when he said masks don't help when it first broke out. I realize he was trying to avoid a run on PPE to save it for doctors and nurses but it was still unethical. I doubt it made much difference for the PPE supply and the credibility lost hurt him in the long run.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

m121c wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:08 am I think the people can make their own decisions at this point.
This is the crux of why you get so much shit from me and JLV for that matter. Exhibiting really poor judgment and thinking. You gonna say Sturgis was a genius idea just like going straight to no masks nor social distancing in Texas and those other states renowned for their genius? Unfortunately, similar minds are possessed by actual leaders. Selfish, ignorant people.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

jlv wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 pm I have no problem with letting fools kill themselves. The problem in this case is the average person who contracts covid infects 2 more people. And the mask is more to prevent you from spewing on the people around you than to protect you. This is getting into libertarians against drivers licenses territory.

I like Fauci in general but he tends to lie when he thinks it will save lives. That's a mistake. Like when he said masks don't help when it first broke out. I realize he was trying to avoid a run on PPE to save it for doctors and nurses but it was still unethical. I doubt it made much difference for the PPE supply and the credibility lost hurt him in the long run.
I think it would have been more libertarian territory a year ago when it started. I agreed with you when this all started that it was the government's duty to protect the people from something we knew so little about. We know more about it, and we also know about the consequences the mandates are imposing on the people. There needs to be a balance, and I don't think the government is good at that.

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:50 pm going straight to no masks nor social distancing in Texas and those other states renowned for their genius?
Why do I have this feeling you are the person I see driving around by themselves wearing a mask.
TeamHavocRacing

m121c wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 pm...driving around by themselves wearing a mask.
I've forgotten to take it off plenty of times at work, on foot and in the car. Only you could try to turn that into something bad. "What a pussy! What kind of idiot forgets to take off a device that prevents infecting those around you. You sheep! At least we have freedom in our state! USA!USA!USA!"
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

The joke went through your mask and over head.
TeamHavocRacing

Oh. Ha ha.
TeamHavocRacing

Congrats to Rush Limbaugh on one month of sobriety!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm Congrats to Rush Limbaugh on one month of sobriety!
That's low.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm Congrats to Rush Limbaugh on one month of sobriety!
You're a piece of shit.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

I didn't think of it. I just repeated it. I apologize for not pointing that out and posting it in the first place.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:27 am
That's low.
How low? 6ft?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

We need to lighten things up.

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

He smacked his knee enough to limp for a while. He's pretty spry for 95.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I heard they’re installing a chair lift next week
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

Let's hope he can at least walk down a low-slope ramp! :roll: