Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
baker

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by baker »

jlv wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 am
baker wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 pm IBM is still on that FORTRAN kick I guess 😂
More likely COBOL on an IBM mainframe. Fortran is actually better than C/C++ in a lot of ways.
Ah true. FORTRAN kicks ass for numerical/scientific kind of computing, cobol being more the “business” language lol. Hey at least they’ve moved past punch cards.
baker

Post by baker »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:33 pm
baker wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 pm IBM is still on that FORTRAN kick I guess 😂
PRINT *, "What's wrong with FORTRAN?"
Please insert another punch card
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Come on QAnon!!! How absolutely brain dead do you have to be to believe JFK Jr. is still alive?!?!?! Hopeless.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
baker

Post by baker »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 pm Come on QAnon!!! How absolutely brain dead do you have to be to believe JFK Jr. is still alive?!?!?! Hopeless.
But they read it online! It has to be true!
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
m121c

Post by m121c »

The presidents FBI and DOJ is raiding journalists homes for his daughters allegedly stolen diary?

Weaponizing OSHA to enforce a failing vaccine policy? Then telling companies to go through with the mandate even though the courts have motioned a stay?

Hopefully Virginia and New Jersey are a good sign of what is to come in 22/24. With every passing day it seems as if there is a deliberate effort to dismantle the United States of America.
TeamHavocRacing

Maybe he should just storm the capitol.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I think he’d rather have the vaxxed storm the unvaxxed with vaccine shots tbh. He’s all but said it explicitly.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Vaccine mandates are hardly unprecedented. Are you against other vaccine mandates or just the Covid-19 vaccine?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Thats a good question that Im not sure Ive decided on yet. I don’t want to pretend that the COVID 19 mandate (or vaccine) is synonymous to previous vaccination mandates however.

I also think the implementation of this mandate is rather troublesome. The rhetoric around it is further troublesome.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

My problem with the mandate is the lack of available long term effect studies. The estimated study completion dates are anywhere from October 2022 to January 2023. As someone who wants kids and has Guillian-Barre and heart problems that run in my family, I want every possible side effect known before I take this vaccine that could possibly sterilize, paralyze, or kill me.

Pfizer and Moderna both can cause myocarditis and pericarditis in male adolescents and young adults.

Even with the risk being low, J&J has been cited to possibly cause Guillian-Barre. Permanent nerve damage and possibly paralysis isn't on my checklist of things to do in life. One of the reasons I don't ride much anymore.

No effect of fertilization and sterility problems have come out. I still want research to finish before I get them because I want to be able to have my own kids.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. If you want to get it, go ahead. I don't care. But don't force it on me before I'm ready and all the studies have been completed.
TeamHavocRacing

DBRider251 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:48 pmI'm not an anti-vaxxer. If you want to get it, go ahead. I don't care. But don't force it on me before I'm ready and all the studies have been completed.
That's all fine and good. Just don't expect the same freedoms given to compliant people. DeSantis went full retard and is trying to re-introduce old, extinct diseases that were beaten by vaccines he wants gone. It's indicative of this doubling down on dumbassery to toe the party line. Derp!
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:53 pm
DBRider251 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:48 pmI'm not an anti-vaxxer. If you want to get it, go ahead. I don't care. But don't force it on me before I'm ready and all the studies have been completed.
That's all fine and good. Just don't expect the same freedoms given to compliant people. DeSantis went full retard and is trying to re-introduce old, extinct diseases that were beaten by vaccines he wants gone. It's indicative of this doubling down on dumbassery to toe the party line. Derp!
Why shouldn’t we expect the same freedoms? Freedom is not “given”, its a not a privilege.

Im also not aware of what you are describing with DeSantis but Im interested in knowing? Is he trying to ban the use of these old disease vaccine?
TeamHavocRacing

I think there's been a backing off since. I can't verify where, but I saw that he wanted to roll back the age-old, long accepted vaccines. Because, you know...Science! Actually, it's a longing to truly move Florida further into "Worse than a third-world country" status. Not like they had a good rep in the first place.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:50 pm I think there's been a backing off since. I can't verify where, but I saw that he wanted to roll back the age-old, long accepted vaccines. Because, you know...Science! Actually, it's a longing to truly move Florida further into "Worse than a third-world country" status. Not like they had a good rep in the first place.
"I have no sources, but trust me bro"