Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

baker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 pm The only place McCarthy went wrong is a accusing literally everyone. Otherwise I wish the red scare would happen again. It fathoms me how much dumb college students think communism is a good thing and preach kill capitalism while they browse Amazon on a Mac drinking Starbucks.
I don't think his tactics were right. He was basically using communist tactics to fight communists. It won't work in a free country.

But he was absolutely right about Soviets/Russians trying to put their people in positions of influence everywhere. You can still see it now with Russian stooges in pretty much every country's government, schools, and media. Also influential NGOs. Someone from Amnesty International of all places is pushing Russian bullshit right now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

baker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 pm The only place McCarthy went wrong is a accusing literally everyone. Otherwise I wish the red scare would happen again. It fathoms me how much dumb college students think communism is a good thing and preach kill capitalism while they browse Amazon on a Mac drinking Starbucks.
LMAO you did the meme

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The strawman in that meme is such a stretch it needs a second strawman just to reach the original subject!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I love how the Trump raid is being treated like Watergate by so many pundits on the right. A break-in is illegal. Search warrants allow a no-permission search. Learn the difference. Civil war huh? It was already attempted about a year and a half ago and a ton of those jokers are in prison.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:17 pm I love how the Trump raid is being treated like Watergate by so many pundits on the right. A break-in is illegal. Search warrants allow a no-permission search. Learn the difference. Civil war huh? It was already attempted about a year and a half ago and a ton of those jokers are in prison.
The issue might be the how, why, or who issued the no-permission search, and not a fundamental ignorance of what search warrants are. Idk what you are referencing though.

They better hope they got the smoking gun they were looking for or this looks really bad. I think we can all agree weaponizing government institutions is a bad thing for us as a whole, even if it’s against those you disagree with.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

He kept secret documents at his personal residence two years after he lost clearance to them. They were already extremely nice about it, asking him for the documents back and then he didn't return everything. They had it cataloged already what he had, there was no finding a "smoking gun".

Same shit with Hillary's emails, do you know how much shit a normal citizen would be in for doing something similar? At work, if I was to even so much as send an unencrypted email to someone else on the secret network, with or without attachments, I get a meeting with a colonel and a clearance review.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
m121c

Post by m121c »

Pumaxcs wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:30 am He kept secret documents at his personal residence two years after he lost clearance to them. They were already extremely nice about it, asking him for the documents back and then he didn't return everything. They had it cataloged already what he had, there was no finding a "smoking gun".

Same shit with Hillary's emails, do you know how much shit a normal citizen would be in for doing something similar? At work, if I was to even so much as send an unencrypted email to someone else on the secret network, with or without attachments, I get a meeting with a colonel and a clearance review.
I’m aware yes. To be clear, I hope if what they went in there for was found (“the smoking gun”), he is treated the same as any other citizen would.

Im just pointing out the FBI’s record lately has been eye brow raising, and this won’t put them in a good light if it doesn’t work out as it seems.

General question, presidents lose their clearance? I thought they were briefed for the rest of their life to be an advisor.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Correct, on both counts. Presidents and congress are granted clearances when being sworn in. They do not have to complete background checks and other things to be given access, winning the seat is considered their background check because they will not be able to perform their sworn duty without said information. Personally, hate that rule but that's how it stands.

So, he had the right to these documents when he was president, he had the right for them to be at Mar a Lago because that's where he was working, I'm assuming as well they had to modify a room for it to be considered secure for this clearance level but I truly don't know that. When you are no longer president you "lose" your clearance as in they no longer are required to brief you. You may still have the access level to be briefed but unless an advisor requests your involvement things are not just shared with past presidents simply because they were presidents. My guess on the situation, it was deemed he was no longer needed for the mission of whatever those documents pertained to and requested they be recalled. Whether he withheld it intentionally or not isn't really important, withholding secret-level documents is always bad.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

I didn't think I'd have to mansplain. Thanks Puma. Completely lost on the fact he HAD documents with him and completely hung up on the FBI. Typical
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:18 pm I didn't think I'd have to mansplain. Thanks Puma. Completely lost on the fact he HAD documents with him and completely hung up on the FBI. Typical
I know he is the boogyman to you, but he is one person, and clearly our Republic still stands after his time as President. Im not over looking the fact that classified documents should not be anywhere outside of an area not designated for them. Your assertion of “had” seems like a matter of fact, per JLV’s article, there is no matter of fact (yet) that the classified documents they were looking for were in his possession.

So yes, Im going to be just as concerned about Trump hanging on to classified documents AND the FBI potentially being weaponized against citizens and political adversary. Both are bad thhings for us.

Typical of you to respond out of emotion and hatred of the orange man.

Thank you Puma, didn’t know, and I agree with your statements.
TeamHavocRacing

I swear to fucking god dude! If he murdered someone, you'd say "They were only mildly murdered."
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Mason, you forgot they changed the wording! It's now innocent until proven guilty unless Fox News or CNN or The New York Times or MSNBC or The Wall Street Journal or OAN or The Washington Post or NBC News says they don't agree!

Unrelated: 3 letter agencies are a scam.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:33 pm I swear to fucking god dude! If he murdered someone, you'd say "They were only mildly murdered."
So now you are a believer :P
TeamHavocRacing

I sure do! He's provided me lots o-fuckin!