Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:Last thing Mason - if you have questions or think there is anything at all that I can shed some light on that will be helpful to you, don't hesitate to reach out. I feel a bit bad for flooding this thread with not-so-political talk, so you can always shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to chat.
Thank you, I appreciate that! Some big things you have accomplished as well. Sucks to hear about your professor stealing your research, I'm sure it something that happens more than one thinks.. anyways, you gave me a lot of insight and understanding thank you for that. Just thought I'd share, I'm double majoring in Physics and Mechanical Engineering. My local university (45 min away) and my State University (Big into Engineering about 3 hours away) offer what they call a 3 + 2 program. So In 5 years I can get a B.S. in physics and mechanical engineering, mainly because the math and physics courses that are required for both are pretty much the same. I figured might as well get an extra degree for another year... helps me stand out a little.. or atleast hopefully it does. :lol:

I agree on the required classes being dumb. Seems to me, for the money, you should be spending more time advancing yourself in your desired field than sitting there doing a paper on the history of music or learning 2 years of a foreign language.
SMR 510RR wrote:On a political note (trying to at least stay slightly on topic here) I am hoping that the attack in Nice, France will wake some people up. Guns are not the problem, crazy people are the problem. At some point things that could be used incorrectly to harm people are necessary. That could be a gun, or a truck, or a plane, or anything else.

Also, not sure about Pence as Trump's VP. Seems like that decision will push fence sitters and people who just don't want to vote for HIllary away. Personally I am not religious so when people start using religion as their reasoning behind policy it can be off putting even if I agree with the policy. IDK, maybe that is illogical but it just feels strange in some way.
I agree on your point about France. It's just a sad sad event.. can not fathom how someone can do such a terrible act. Obama will not touch on the guns point because their is no point to be made. Sadly he will do nothing, he'll just say "not all muslims are bad, they want us to fear them and we cannot give in by separating by religion" and then will just move on. Because his war on terror is working so well. :roll:

I don't really know much about Pence, I'll have to research him. I'm somewhat religious, not like the go to church every Sunday type, but I have beliefs and I think religion has it's place. However, I will agree it should not be the bases of government policy, however if it's logic, it's logic.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

m121c wrote:I agree on your point about France. It's just a sad sad event.. can not fathom how someone can do such a terrible act. Obama will not touch on the guns point because their is no point to be made. Sadly he will do nothing, he'll just say "not all muslims are bad, they want us to fear them and we cannot give in by separating by religion" and then will just move on. Because his war on terror is working so well. :roll:

I don't really know much about Pence, I'll have to research him. I'm somewhat religious, not like the go to church every Sunday type, but I have beliefs and I think religion has it's place. However, I will agree it should not be the bases of government policy, however if it's logic, it's logic.
I mean the major reasons why the Republican party gets vilified all the time are mostly the religious reasons. They need to drop the gay marriage stuff, it's not justifiable to anyone without a religious basis. The abortion thing is logical but a real "point of no return" needs to be established. IMO that needs to happen outside of the realm of religion, for example if Scientists were able to proven when brain function began that would to me be a logical point to deem that fetus as a human being. Or maybe when the heart starts beating. Taking the morning after pill however isn't killing a person any more than doing anything other that trying to make a baby while having sex (alone or with one or more people).

My thoughts anyway. In reality exept for a few very specific instances conservatives are more conscious of other people's rights than liberals. While I may disagree with what you want to do I respect that you have the right to do so and I even go as far as to encourage you to use your rights to their fullest. That isn't something that can be said of many of the uber liberals I find myself living amongst. It's funny, my clients always think I am liberal (as well as other equally comical things) and start bitching to my about conservatives. I would have figured more wealthy people would try to preserve their wealth by not voting for people who are going to raise taxes but I guess not.
m121c

Post by m121c »

SMR 510RR wrote:
m121c wrote:I agree on your point about France. It's just a sad sad event.. can not fathom how someone can do such a terrible act. Obama will not touch on the guns point because their is no point to be made. Sadly he will do nothing, he'll just say "not all muslims are bad, they want us to fear them and we cannot give in by separating by religion" and then will just move on. Because his war on terror is working so well. :roll:

I mean the major reasons why the Republican party gets vilified all the time are mostly the religious reasons. They need to drop the gay marriage stuff, it's not justifiable to anyone without a religious basis. The abortion thing is logical but a real "point of no return" needs to be established. IMO that needs to happen outside of the realm of religion, for example if Scientists were able to proven when brain function began that would to me be a logical point to deem that fetus as a human being. Or maybe when the heart starts beating. Taking the morning after pill however isn't killing a person any more than doing anything other that trying to make a baby while having sex (alone or with one or more people).

My thoughts anyway. In reality exept for a few very specific instances conservatives are more conscious of other people's rights than liberals. While I may disagree with what you want to do I respect that you have the right to do so and I even go as far as to encourage you to use your rights to their fullest. That isn't something that can be said of many of the uber liberals I find myself living amongst. It's funny, my clients always think I am liberal (as well as other equally comical things) and start bitching to my about conservatives. I would have figured more wealthy people would try to preserve their wealth by not voting for people who are going to raise taxes but I guess not.
For sure, I completely agree on everything you said. Liberals... I just don't have anything to say that wouldn't hurt their feelings, and we all know on how they feel about feelings... well as long as you're not a white male American citizen. In that case, they hate you and think you should be silenced. :lol:

Does anyone here support Hillary? Not going to hate on you or anything, but I've been wanting to ask a supporter how they feel about her? Like why they like her? I just don't see how you can trust her, do they just ignore her scandals or what?

What is funny is, it's harder than you think to find a Hillary supporter... out of all my Face book friends I have 3 that like her page and over 100 that like trump. One of my friends did this social experiment where you commented how many of your friends like each candidates page which was a symbol of "support". Everyone, and I mean everyone, in the comments had at the least double digit more likes for Trump than Hillary. If you look at their pages (last I checked a couple days ago) Trump had double the amount of likes than Hillary, (8.7 mill. to 4.1 mill.), had a higher percentage of new likes per week, and was talked about 3x more than here (300,000 to 1.1 million).

Which is odd to me because your SJW, Liberals, etc. are your social media crowd. Maybe it's different depending on the social media platform? I don't have twitter so I don't know. Yet all you here is how Trump is going to lose by a landslide? Seems odd. :?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

m121c wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:

For sure, I completely agree on everything you said. Liberals... I just don't have anything to say that wouldn't hurt their feelings, and we all know on how they feel about feelings... well as long as you're not a white male American citizen. In that case, they hate you and think you should be silenced. :lol:

Does anyone here support Hillary? Not going to hate on you or anything, but I've been wanting to ask a supporter how they feel about her? Like why they like her? I just don't see how you can trust her, do they just ignore her scandals or what?

What is funny is, it's harder than you think to find a Hillary supporter... out of all my Face book friends I have 3 that like her page and over 100 that like trump. One of my friends did this social experiment where you commented how many of your friends like each candidates page which was a symbol of "support". Everyone, and I mean everyone, in the comments had at the least double digit more likes for Trump than Hillary. If you look at their pages (last I checked a couple days ago) Trump had double the amount of likes than Hillary, (8.7 mill. to 4.1 mill.), had a higher percentage of new likes per week, and was talked about 3x more than here (300,000 to 1.1 million).

Which is odd to me because your SJW, Liberals, etc. are your social media crowd. Maybe it's different depending on the social media platform? I don't have twitter so I don't know. Yet all you here is how Trump is going to lose by a landslide? Seems odd. :?
More than likely it is because Hillary doesn't need many supporters with how the voting system in the USA works. Popular vote really means diddly squat.. All she needs are the 'Delegates' who act on your behalf...
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

My Mom likes her...We don't really talk about it for obvious reasons but I do occasionally say a quick comment like "She is a scumbag". That usually sours the evening haha.

Her demographic is strange and I seriously don't understand how she has gotten this far. You are confusing people who supported Bernie with Hillary, the people supporting HIllary are tech illiterate so they can buy all the BS email crap because they don't even know what a server is. Also, I don't doubt that most of the people you know prefer Trump, or Republicans in general, but my FB feed was nothing but Bernie for months. Man am I glad that is over. I unfriended like 20 people since the start of election season, I am in hostile territory so I didn't want to out myself. If you don't hear from me by 2:21 PM Tuesday you know what happened.
m121c

Post by m121c »

SMR 510RR wrote:My Mom likes her...We don't really talk about it for obvious reasons but I do occasionally say a quick comment like "She is a scumbag". That usually sours the evening haha.

Her demographic is strange and I seriously don't understand how she has gotten this far. You are confusing people who supported Bernie with Hillary, the people supporting HIllary are tech illiterate so they can buy all the BS email crap because they don't even know what a server is. Also, I don't doubt that most of the people you know prefer Trump, or Republicans in general, but my FB feed was nothing but Bernie for months. Man am I glad that is over. I unfriended like 20 people since the start of election season, I am in hostile territory so I didn't want to out myself. If you don't hear from me by 2:21 PM Tuesday you know what happened.
Very true. Pretty similar here on Bernie all over my news feed... drove me nuts. My college orientation was a couple of weeks ago... so many Bernie kids it was unreal. I just kept my mouth shut, didn't want to killed by some liberal maniac.

I was just inferring that normally your liberal activist's are your more vocal on social media while your conservatives (generally thinking your work a 9-5 dads) don't really give a shit about facebook, or they have a joint account with their spouse.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Thoughts on Trump 60 minutes piece last night? And/or convention happenings today?
Aggressively Mediocre Image
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:Thoughts on Trump 60 minutes piece last night? And/or convention happenings today?
Didn't see it, what was it about? I think I might have it on the DVR, the GF records it I think but the descriptions are always the same "A durable news magazine" WTF does that mean?
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

SMR 510RR wrote:Didn't see it, what was it about? I think I might have it on the DVR, the GF records it I think but the descriptions are always the same "A durable news magazine" WTF does that mean?
It was interesting, I'll say that. It's basically just their introduction as running mates, first formal interview kind of thing. I try not to be the guy yelling loudest about "candidate X is the best and candidate Y sucks" and watch things objectively (for more than 1 reason, this time around), just as an observer rather than an advocate/opponent, so I'd be interested in hearing what you thought if you get around to watching.

If you haven't or don't regularly watch it, 60 mins is still one of the best shows on tv IMO. Even when they cover things I couldn't care less about - monks near the Mediterranean sea preserving ancient religious texts, for example - the story telling and production quality draws you in. In the current age of unprecedented information and knowledge sharing (I refuse to use the terms "with all the social media today," that is getting so worn out), they still manage to break major stories through investigative journalism. The first recent-ish example of that which comes to mind was the piece on Lumber Liquidators and the toxin levels in some of the laminate flooring they were selling.

It drives me crazy how the show descriptions always mark it as "new," which means it gets recorded at my house, but there are stretches of months when it's just reruns of old segments. I guess that's a pretty 1%'er problem, though lol
Aggressively Mediocre Image
m121c

Post by m121c »

I haven't watch the 60 minutes episode.. I heard there was kind of an awkward vibe between the two?

I've been keeping tabs on the RNC, it's laughable on how desperate and pathetic the liberal mainstream media is on trying to tear apart the convention. If only they spent a fraction the amount of time digging to the lowest of low against the right, and spent that time on Hillary's corruption and emails.... :roll:

But you know, they are "honest and fair" remember.

Anyone see that in Wisconsin voter's will not have to show any form of photo identification to vote? Something smells fishy...
m121c

Post by m121c »

Now they are trying to fight Texas's voter identification laws...

The left claims is discriminatory to minorities because of the hurdles it takes to get a photo I.D. yet they agree and have been proven it is very easy and FREE for any legitimate U.S. citizen to obtain such identification, and any legal citizen should have one by the time their age to vote anyways. Hhhmmm... not odd at all. :? I smell voter fraud. Is it just odd that Texas... a state full of illegals, is being put on trial because of their voter id laws?

Do democrats know how ridiculous they really sound? I mean if it's discriminatory to require photo id for voting... it's discriminatory to require a id to purchase alcohol, because you know... no 15-20 year old will take advantage of that... just minorities that have to over come major hurdles to get a legal identification card. :roll:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Image
You mad Bernie didn't make the cut?
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Trump 2016
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

m121c wrote:Now they are trying to fight Texas's voter identification laws...

The left claims is discriminatory to minorities because of the hurdles it takes to get a photo I.D. yet they agree and have been proven it is very easy and FREE for any legitimate U.S. citizen to obtain such identification, and any legal citizen should have one by the time their age to vote anyways. Hhhmmm... not odd at all. :? I smell voter fraud. Is it just odd that Texas... a state full of illegals, is being put on trial because of their voter id laws?

Do democrats know how ridiculous they really sound? I mean if it's discriminatory to require photo id for voting... it's discriminatory to require a id to purchase alcohol, because you know... no 15-20 year old will take advantage of that... just minorities that have to over come major hurdles to get a legal identification card. :roll:
I will protest the election if they don't require photo ID to vote. Especially in swing states.. What a lib move!
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol: