Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by InsaneFMX »

You think weed and LSD are far more dangerous than pure coke or meth, since weed and LSD are schedule 1 and meth and coke are schedule 2? Of course not. Also do people convicted of powder coke crimes deserve less time than crack? It's the same shit but one is for rich white people and the other is it's cheap replacement that is found in impoverished neighborhoods. Black prison pop is high not because more blacks are charged with crimes (34% of current male convicts but only 22-24% of disenfranchised voters, which is still larger than their 12% of the demographic of America) but due to unjust, longer sentences that white people rarely see. But what I'm trying to say is that just because everyone has class struggles, not everyone has the exact same struggle due to how the systems are set up. I don't disagree with a number of things you said but you don't seem to be catching the actual double standards and hypocritical rhetoric you are relaying back to me. And the war on drugs was started by Nixon. Don't know how you managed to fuck that up
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.” - John Ehrichman
m121c

Post by m121c »

InsaneFMX wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 pm Republicans gave companies and corporations the ability to refuse service on religious grounds amongst others, some Dems supported it even, and that's life.
You must not recall the whole “gay wedding cake” event in the U.S. during Obamas term.

Can we all get on board with at least not calling it a vaccine anymore? Its a booster shot. It is verifiable that it does not live up to the standard definition of a vaccine. Politics has gotten in a terrible habit of misconstruing words to fit a narrative.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

m121c wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:05 pm
InsaneFMX wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 pm Republicans gave companies and corporations the ability to refuse service on religious grounds amongst others, some Dems supported it even, and that's life.
You must not recall the whole “gay wedding cake” event in the U.S. during Obamas term.
I do remember, and the supreme Court sided with the Baker, not the couple.
https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... index.html

Also explain how not vaccine? It creates the antibodies and Immunol response so how not vaccine? It seems like you are arguing semantics over there
baker

Post by baker »

DBRider251 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:49 pm The war on drugs that was started by the 1994 crime bill sponsored by Joe?
I like how there’s that bill, but campaigning he said

“if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Quite literally does not care about blacks, just wants their votes.
m121c

Post by m121c »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:13 pm [quote=m121c post_id=895810 time=<a href="tel:1631376333">1631376333</a> user_id=4369]
[quote=InsaneFMX post_id=895779 time=<a href="tel:1631309594">1631309594</a> user_id=3567]
Republicans gave companies and corporations the ability to refuse service on religious grounds amongst others, some Dems supported it even, and that's life.
[/quote]
I do remember, and the supreme Court sided with the Baker, not the couple.
https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... index.html

Also explain how not vaccine? It creates the antibodies and Immunol response so how not vaccine? It seems like you are arguing semantics over there
[/quote]

It set the (slippery) ground work. That same baker has now faced fines for a separate incident. (His business has now been a target from the LGBTQ+ community).

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/17/10075942 ... nder-woman

Vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

I’ll let you decide your own semantics but putting the COVID shot into the same discussion as small pox/polio vaccines sure makes it seem like it’s not living up to snuff.

We should be allowed to talk about that. The fact they are already alluding to a 3rd round of boosters makes it more in line with a flu shot imo.
baker

Post by baker »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 pm You think weed and LSD are far more dangerous than pure coke or meth, since weed and LSD are schedule 1 and meth and coke are schedule 2? Of course not. Also do people convicted of powder coke crimes deserve less time than crack? It's the same shit but one is for rich white people and the other is it's cheap replacement that is found in impoverished neighborhoods. Black prison pop is high not because more blacks are charged with crimes (34% of current male convicts but only 22-24% of disenfranchised voters, which is still larger than their 12% of the demographic of America) but due to unjust, longer sentences that white people rarely see. But what I'm trying to say is that just because everyone has class struggles, not everyone has the exact same struggle due to how the systems are set up. I don't disagree with a number of things you said but you don't seem to be catching the actual double standards and hypocritical rhetoric you are relaying back to me. And the war on drugs was started by Nixon. Don't know how you managed to fuck that up
Not at all. LSD, marijuana, shrooms, mescaline etc are all rather benign substances with medicinal benefits. No doubt the longer sentences imposed on minorities are unjust. I absolutely hate Nixon, and Reagan for that matter.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

baker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:45 pm
DBRider251 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:49 pm The war on drugs that was started by the 1994 crime bill sponsored by Joe?
I like how there’s that bill, but campaigning he said

“if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Quite literally does not care about blacks, just wants their votes.
I agree, most Dems and libs are just playing evasion tactics with unhelpful additions like painting a street BLM because that does nothing to help the systemic issues. But to me, it doesn't justify voting for people who constantly demonstrate a lack of empathy towards other people and continue to put the profit of corporations over the benefits and security of the people. Voting in someone who at least says they will address issues for the people and then holding them to it and pushing for more is a better option than voting for people who actively dismantle rights that they don't view as proper due to a self placed belief in a book that they allow to dictate their lives and attempt to push upon others. That's my belief.
Not at all. LSD, marijuana, shrooms, mescaline etc are all rather benign substances with medicinal benefits. No doubt the longer sentences imposed on minorities are unjust. I absolutely hate Nixon, and Reagan for that matter.
I agree and that's why my original comment suggested that's what most would believe in todays current times.
You think weed and LSD are far more dangerous than pure coke or meth, since weed and LSD are schedule 1 and meth and coke are schedule 2? Of course not.
As for Mason, it still fits the definition of a vaccine, Polio's vaccine was an mRNA. If you understood any aspect of virology, you would understand that due to the delayed reaction of vaccine intake there allows more room for virus mutation and breakthrough cases. 3rd booster would be required if new mutations show to be more susceptible to already vaccinated populations. Also, the flu shot is also mRNA
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm As for Mason, it still fits the definition of a vaccine, Polio's vaccine was an mRNA. If you understood any aspect of virology, you would understand that due to the delayed reaction of vaccine intake there allows more room for virus mutation and breakthrough cases. 3rd booster would be required if new mutations show to be more susceptible to already vaccinated populations. Also, the flu shot is also mRNA
Are you sure you understand what vaccines are? Polio and flu are both inactivated vaccines. The ONLY mRNA vaccine is the COVID vaccine.
https://www.hhs.gov/immunization/basics ... index.html
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

DBRider251 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:26 pm
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm As for Mason, it still fits the definition of a vaccine, Polio's vaccine was an mRNA. If you understood any aspect of virology, you would understand that due to the delayed reaction of vaccine intake there allows more room for virus mutation and breakthrough cases. 3rd booster would be required if new mutations show to be more susceptible to already vaccinated populations. Also, the flu shot is also mRNA
Are you sure you understand what vaccines are? Polio and flu are both inactivated vaccines. The ONLY mRNA vaccine is the COVID vaccine.
https://www.hhs.gov/immunization/basics ... index.html
You are not wrong, I miss-read real quick while quickly replying. My B. But that doesn't mean that current mRNA vaccines are somehow evil, dangerous, or ineffective. And the Tech isn't the problem
Although the COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer/BioNTech are the first mRNA vaccines to complete all clinical trial stages and be licensed for use, the technology has been around for a while.

Human trials of cancer vaccines using the same mRNA technology have been taking place since at least 2011. ‘If there was a real problem with the technology, we’d have seen it before now for sure,’ said Prof. Goldman.

Because the technology can be deployed extremely rapidly, and clinical trials have been so successful, mRNA platforms will be an important means of preparing for future epidemics, he says.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm If you understood any aspect of virology
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:37 pm You are not wrong, I miss-read real quick while quickly replying.
Might want to spend some time in the literature before claiming you understand virology.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

Racers52 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:52 pm
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm If you understood any aspect of virology
InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:37 pm You are not wrong, I miss-read real quick while quickly replying.
Might want to spend some time in the literature before claiming you understand virology.
Mistakes happen. I admitted to it. I read too fast while in the moment of making my reply. That doesn't omit my previous comments unlinked to calling the flu and polio shots mRNA. That was a mistake from taking in too much information and not double checking afterwards. I corrected myself, and showing my mistakes, while making me look dumb, doesn't change the other facts
baker

Post by baker »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm
I agree, most Dems and libs are just playing evasion tactics with unhelpful additions like painting a street BLM because that does nothing to help the systemic issues. But to me, it doesn't justify voting for people who constantly demonstrate a lack of empathy towards other people and continue to put the profit of corporations over the benefits and security of the people. Voting in someone who at least says they will address issues for the people and then holding them to it and pushing for more is a better option than voting for people who actively dismantle rights that they don't view as proper due to a self placed belief in a book that they allow to dictate their lives and attempt to push upon others. That's my belief.
🙌🏻 We can certainly agree on that. All deflections from solving the problems themselves.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:52 pm Wah! The bad old man wants to heal our nation!
Just wanted to come back and laugh at this. Maybe you are right, a lot of our nation is on somewhat the same page.. and thats hating Joe for his failure.

Dom - you are a friend of mine so Im going to elect to not debate you. It seems you have a misguided preposition on my stance with these issues, and hence it seems you can’t debate without taking shots at me. I disagree with some of your ideas, however you have some good substantive points; you got to back the emotion out. Im not going to get into a pissing match with someone I consider a friend.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

m121c wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:15 pm I disagree with some of your ideas, however you have some good substantive points; you got to back the emotion out. Im not going to get into a pissing match with someone I consider a friend.
This. We should be able to disagree without resorting to name calling and the such. In the end, we're all fighting for what we believe is right. An opinion isn't always something that can, or should, be changed.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault