Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

Havoc just stop man, this is embarrassing for you and I know you can’t see that, but just do yourself a favor. Doubling down on such a statement is terrible.

I didn’t think you could out cringe your Rush Limbaugh mishape but here you are.

Go out and roll coal? Lol that was a good one though.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Ddavis wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:50 pm My family really wants me to get the vaccine, but I already had covid and it didn't really effect me (slight cough, that's it). From my understanding, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid, it just "limits" the effects. It doesn't actually lower your chances of getting it (from what I've heard/read). Do any of you guys feel the same way? I think creating a vaccine for a virus in less than a year when scientists still haven't found a vaccine for other deadly diseases makes me skeptical of the whole thing, and I already think covid was created in a lab in China and wasn't formed naturally.
The South African and Indian/delta variants can reinfect people. A new study suggests even mild cases of covid can cause brain damage. You don't want to risk a second round.

The mRNA vaccines are pretty amazing new technology. They're apparently going to have a malaria vaccine soon and lots of other stuff. Might even be able to use it to attack cancer cells.
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:50 pm I think it's fantastic irony that the people holding out against safe practices for political or religious reasons are the ones who will ultimately pay the price. I also think we (Earth) could've really benefited if the mortality rate was over half. More like 66%. Maybe next time. That's the only way we're gonna have a livable planet moving forward.
Not only that, think about how much it's helped Social Security solvency! It even targets people in the right age range! It's a godsend!

(This is why I don't like government programs like Social Security. It gives the government an incentive to want me dead.)
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm However, you think without a major extinction event somehow, miraculously all of the fuel burning will just cease? "Drill baby! Drill!" I'm sure you still argue against man-made climate change which we're well past now. While you think I'm crazy, don't you believe that the world was made in 7 days about 6000 years ago? How about rapture? Saved from all of the stinky hippies on judgment day? What do you get on arrival? 72 virgins?
You can count me as a skeptic. I agree with the concept of a small greenhouse effect from CO2. But that's not what we were originally sold. The original theory was CO2 would cause a small amount of warming that would trigger more H2O vapor which would cause a runaway H2O greenhouse effect. The climate has stubbornly refused to do that. There's a kind of bait and switch where they scare you with what would happen in a runaway H2O greenhouse while only proving the minimal CO2 greenhouse.

Look at the absorption spectrum from CO2 vs H2O and you'll understand why H2O is so much more important as a greenhouse gas.

This will all become a non-issue as solar power becomes cheaper/more efficient. Better to not be in such a hurry to starve people who depend on fossil fuels in the meantime.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

m121c wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 pmyour Rush Limbaugh mishape...such a statement is terrible.
??? Indeed. He was really misshapen. Such a tragedy really. Don't you drive a big-ol, high-piped hobby horse diesel truck or is that too stereotypical? A pink SmartCar? Too hypocritical? You already very much are anyway, might as well send it. I had the religion argument with you years ago Mason. I really hope you pray hard to have God turn the thermostat down. It's as simple as that. Otherwise it's just another liberal hoax perpetrated by the radical left, fake news. I love the hilarious quip when it snows and some buffoon says "There's your global warming!" Now it's denial of an insurrection and refusal to even allow it to be said at the risk of being cast out. Fuck you! Honestly. The things you have to deny are really stacking up! It's amazing how high you can stack bullshit. You can hide behind it!
jlv wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 am...it's helped Social Security solvency! It even targets people in the right age range! It's a godsend!
Word. How about the opportunists that stood by and did nothing so mean ol' rapey uncle Don can finally kick the bucket and BOOM! Early inheritance. I will bet dollars to pesos that was not so rare. Hell, you don't need a pandemic for that anyway!

jlv wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 am You can count me as a skeptic. I agree with the concept of a small greenhouse effect from CO2. But that's not what we were originally sold. The original theory was CO2 would cause a small amount of warming that would trigger more H2O vapor which would cause a runaway H2O greenhouse effect. The climate has stubbornly refused to do that. There's a kind of bait and switch where they scare you with what would happen in a runaway H2O greenhouse while only proving the minimal CO2 greenhouse.

Look at the absorption spectrum from CO2 vs H2O and you'll understand why H2O is so much more important as a greenhouse gas.

This will all become a non-issue as solar power becomes cheaper/more efficient. Better to not be in such a hurry to starve people who depend on fossil fuels in the meantime.
No. Too slow. Two words...Arctic regions. They indicate the reality of it all very starkly. That's not fake news. Thwaites glacier.
It's the big metropolitan centers needing severe clampage of emissions, not the third world per se. I mean, Asia is definitely a mixed bag, depending on the regime you get pockets of more pollution compliant or at least better maintained vehicles. Africa generally is too impoverished to compare their output, however their guaranteed state of non-compliance on most vehicles offsets that a bit.

I don't know how close you live to the 45th parallel, but it's a great place to judge how the changing of the seasons go. I've lived 25 miles north of it since we moved here in '68. Shit's gotten hot man. It's a real treat when the winter fades, but now we get 70-80+ degree spells in February and bulbs begin to sprout only to be beaten back down at the return to more normal weather. The white Christmas was replaced by rain or ice storms. There's natural cycles much like the 70's drought. It was bad. Portland's Willamette river was down to about 50-100 feet wide. But what's happening is unstoppable at this rate. We can't call it El Nino or La Nina so often anymore since it's more like Nino in Perpetuo. I don't have to cut n paste shit to know what I've felt over 50 years. Thermal pollution is almost never discussed and lost in the noise except for the amount of paving that has added to that. Hell, just in the two weeks of no-fly after 9/11, the air temp over the Eastern seaboard dropped more than 2 degrees on average. We'll fail to heed it in time. The T-800 said it best... "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." Ya, real bummer, huh? We have 10 years, but it would really take something more cataclysmic to solve it fast enough. The young pups can't fathom that. I am bitter. Humans are fucking stupid on the whole. Look what's happened in the "Information Age". It's become the "Misinformation Age" (2016 vote anyone? Dominion anyone?) I'll go learn all about it on Frank lol. Just kidding, I'll go to a more reputable source like OAN...BWAAAAA hahahahaa!!! We don't deserve to colonize another place just to repeat this all over. Religion will always form. Contain the virus.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I feel like I just read one long Trump tweet without a character limit.

You are losing it Havoc.
TeamHavocRacing

See? You are a hypocrite. You just criticized your king and supreme ruler.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I have criticized him before.. are you okay?

Look, im not going to take your bait and get into this “fuck you” insult game. Either make a point or get lost.

I do find it very funny how similar your behavior is (yet totally opposite in ideas) to one of the people you hate most. Trump tried to save lives, you just wished for more dead. What does that say about you?
TeamHavocRacing

m121c wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:43 pmTrump tried to save lives
This is a perfect example of how deluded you really are. He tried to undermine the effort with his typical subterfuge and misdirection about "The Great Liberal Hoax". I could post video, but you would certainly pivot.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Just to be clear, your position is Trump wanted people to die so he undermined it all? Come on man, don’t go to QAnon level lunacy.

You can’t see past your derangement enough to have an honest discussion.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

He doesn’t care about the rising suicide, divorce, domestic abuse, etc. Only if they’re liberal and got COVID. Havoc has literally no compassion or empathy for anyone outside of his own circle and belief system. He wants to wipe out people with a different political opinion than him.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:41 am
jlv wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 am You can count me as a skeptic. I agree with the concept of a small greenhouse effect from CO2. But that's not what we were originally sold. The original theory was CO2 would cause a small amount of warming that would trigger more H2O vapor which would cause a runaway H2O greenhouse effect. The climate has stubbornly refused to do that. There's a kind of bait and switch where they scare you with what would happen in a runaway H2O greenhouse while only proving the minimal CO2 greenhouse.

No. Too slow. Two words...Arctic regions. They indicate the reality of it all very starkly. That's not fake news. Thwaites glacier.
It's the big metropolitan centers needing severe clampage of emissions, not the third world per se. I mean, Asia is definitely a mixed bag, depending on the regime you get pockets of more pollution compliant or at least better maintained vehicles. Africa generally is too impoverished to compare their output, however their guaranteed state of non-compliance on most vehicles offsets that a bit.

I don't know how close you live to the 45th parallel, but it's a great place to judge how the changing of the seasons go. I've lived 25 miles north of it since we moved here in '68. Shit's gotten hot man. It's a real treat when the winter fades, but now we get 70-80+ degree spells in February and bulbs begin to sprout only to be beaten back down at the return to more normal weather. The white Christmas was replaced by rain or ice storms. There's natural cycles much like the 70's drought. It was bad. Portland's Willamette river was down to about 50-100 feet wide. But what's happening is unstoppable at this rate. We can't call it El Nino or La Nina so often anymore since it's more like Nino in Perpetuo. I don't have to cut n paste shit to know what I've felt over 50 years. Thermal pollution is almost never discussed and lost in the noise except for the amount of paving that has added to that. Hell, just in the two weeks of no-fly after 9/11, the air temp over the Eastern seaboard dropped more than 2 degrees on average. We'll fail to heed it in time. The T-800 said it best... "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." Ya, real bummer, huh? We have 10 years, but it would really take something more cataclysmic to solve it fast enough. The young pups can't fathom that. I am bitter. Humans are fucking stupid on the whole. Look what's happened in the "Information Age". It's become the "Misinformation Age" (2016 vote anyone? Dominion anyone?) I'll go learn all about it on Frank lol. Just kidding, I'll go to a more reputable source like OAN...BWAAAAA hahahahaa!!! We don't deserve to colonize another place just to repeat this all over. Religion will always form. Contain the virus.
Anecdotal observations don't really mean anything. I'd say a great indicator that's hard to doctor is lake ice. Unlike the temperature stations that the climate scientists like to use you can't selectively eliminate sources that don't go the way you want in order to arrive at a predetermined result. Plus the lake has a lot of thermal inertia that averages things out. Here's the data. Basically shows that first ice is slightly later than 100 years ago. There's no emergency.

Now look at how quickly dollars per watt for solar cells is declining. It's gone down to 1/10 of what it was a decade ago. Current break even point for solar is 8 years. If it keeps going down at that rate, in ten years the break even point will be less than a year. So you're looking at solar panels paying themselves off in a year or two within the next couple of decades. At that point CO2 emissions will be a non-issue.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Going to love bringing this topic back up.

Not sure if everyone here has been following the Arizona election audit or not but I am curious if anyone see's parallels to the election arguments back in 2020.

So right now, the media/democrats are relentless on this cyber ninja company. Claiming deep roots to QAnon and connections to Trump.. I haven't done my research here so I'm not going to comment on what I believe to be true or not... but is this not a strange parallel to how republicans accused dominion?

And now the democrats are concerned with chain of custody, identification, and transparency? I agree with this... but I wish they cared about it more before not after. All I see are op-ed like news articles calling this a 'sham' illegal audit with factual conviction, but yet it has held up under court multiple times... this seems very similar to the media's argument that holding up in court is factual enough?

Just seems hysterically ironic. I'm holding off judgement on what comes of it, at this point it doesn't matter other than fixing our elections for the future (hopefully). Unfortunately, it does not seem like any way you slice it that us citizens will ever get a fully transparent, unbiased, and thorough truth as to what actually happened in our own election.
TeamHavocRacing

The ballots were taken to Montana (as they should've been) and properly counted. Mike Lindell will bring ALL of the evidence he has of the stolen election to light soon! That way Trump will be rightfully placed in office in August. What a relief! We can get back to proper leadership.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:43 pm Going to love bringing this topic back up.

Not sure if everyone here has been following the Arizona election audit or not but I am curious if anyone see's parallels to the election arguments back in 2020.

So right now, the media/democrats are relentless on this cyber ninja company. Claiming deep roots to QAnon and connections to Trump.. I haven't done my research here so I'm not going to comment on what I believe to be true or not... but is this not a strange parallel to how republicans accused dominion?

And now the democrats are concerned with chain of custody, identification, and transparency? I agree with this... but I wish they cared about it more before not after. All I see are op-ed like news articles calling this a 'sham' illegal audit with factual conviction, but yet it has held up under court multiple times... this seems very similar to the media's argument that holding up in court is factual enough?

Just seems hysterically ironic. I'm holding off judgement on what comes of it, at this point it doesn't matter other than fixing our elections for the future (hopefully). Unfortunately, it does not seem like any way you slice it that us citizens will ever get a fully transparent, unbiased, and thorough truth as to what actually happened in our own election.
It's a joke. The Arizona GOP is insane. There's a real danger that in the next election insane state governments like AZ will choose to throw out their own voters votes and cause a civil war. Seriously, what do you think is going to happen when a state legislature tells a major city that their votes aren't going to count because they "cheated" when they obviously haven't? There will be riots like you've never seen before and they'll be justified.

Here's a thought for you. The fraud level was so low that Trump's lawyers couldn't find any fake voters so they just threw bullshit around that was so bad his lawyers are now getting sanctioned. Covid has killed over half a million people, mostly seniors who tend to lean Republican. Which will hurt Republicans more - fraud that appears to be largely imaginary, or their voters being dead because they didn't take covid seriously?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Y’all need to go riding or something
only one to win something real from the game!
TeamHavocRacing

Ok ostrich. JLV represents a voice of reason when it's so fashionable to lean into THE Trump lie.