Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
hvpmvp

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by hvpmvp »

m121c wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:19 pm All because a bunch of scientists opinions agree. And we should not be so dismissive (or censor) those who do not agree all because they are the minority.
So we should give the non-scientists equal footing to the scientists? If I needed dental work done should I listen to the crackhead down the street or a dentist?
baker

Post by baker »

hvpmvp wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:19 pm
m121c wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:19 pm All because a bunch of scientists opinions agree. And we should not be so dismissive (or censor) those who do not agree all because they are the minority.
So we should give the non-scientists equal footing to the scientists? If I needed dental work done should I listen to the crackhead down the street or a dentist?
Crackheads could probably pull teeth at a reasonably affordable rate no matter what insurance you have. 😂
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

DBRider251 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:06 pm I’m sorry, is Trump being pro vaccine new?
He's been pro vaccine but I've never seen him actually challenge an anti-vaxxer like that before.
hvpmvp wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:19 pm
A lot of scientific credibility has been burned by a bunch of global warming charlatans. When you're making blacklists of dissenting scientists you're more like the church than Galileo.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:07 amA lot of scientific credibility has been burned by a bunch of global warming charlatans.
Endangered species is another hijacked one.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

DBRider251 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:06 pm I’m sorry, is Trump being pro vaccine new?
Being anti-mandate is not the same as being anti-vaccine.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:58 am Endangered species is another hijacked one.
Barstow to Vegas fan?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Jrife548 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:13 am
Being anti-mandate is not the same as being anti-vaccine.
I agree. I have that stance. The tweet JLV shared can't be viewed now, so I don't know what was said. I just thought it was Trump being pro-vaccine, which he has always been.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

New vaccine coming out, actually seems more promising to me. Offering protection against all SARS strains by using a different shaped protein is neat. Hope this one goes out to the public so I can finally get a vaccine I trust.
TeamHavocRacing

What documented cases of ill effects can you cite that made you think something would happen? I had both Pfizer shots and had a sore injection site and nothing else.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:34 pm What documented cases of ill effects can you cite that made you think something would happen? I had both Pfizer shots and had a sore injection site and nothing else.
See page 5 for Guillian Barre possibility coming from J&J. My mom's side of the family has a history of GB and one reason we don't get flu vaccines.

Myocarditis in mRNA vaccines in male adolescents and young adults. Heart problems coming from Dad's side of the family doesn't make me feel safe taking an mRNA either.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Just got boosted! Seems like I'm getting much better 5G reception now!
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:34 pm What documented cases of ill effects can you cite that made you think something would happen? I had both Pfizer shots and had a sore injection site and nothing else.
You should have got Moderna. You get 3 times as much vaccine!
DBRider251 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:56 am New vaccine coming out, actually seems more promising to me. Offering protection against all SARS strains by using a different shaped protein is neat. Hope this one goes out to the public so I can finally get a vaccine I trust.
You mean this one right? It's interesting but I didn't understand why they couldn't just use a bunch of different vaccines instead of tying them all into one protein. As long as it works who cares though.
DBRider251 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:00 pm See page 5 for Guillian Barre possibility coming from J&J. My mom's side of the family has a history of GB and one reason we don't get flu vaccines.

Myocarditis in mRNA vaccines in male adolescents and young adults. Heart problems coming from Dad's side of the family doesn't make me feel safe taking an mRNA either.
Since you've already had the actual virus you've pretty much proven you won't be one of the .001% of people who suffer from that side effect. Basically all of the vaccine side effects are there and more severe for the virus.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Welp, we've had our first Covid death here at work. Since the pandemic started, there was about ten cases with three incidents coming in pairs with one triple. None of them were hospitalized nor intubated. Lucky. Monday's death was someone who didn't get checked or hospitalized when they had symptoms. Denial is an ugly thing. In this case it was deadly. Just sayin'!
TeamHavocRacing

"I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution." - Dick Cheney
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:48 pm "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution." - Dick Cheney
Do you think the Democrats' over the top attacks on guys like Cheney led to Trump?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

I think what Cheney did was to wipe George H.W. Bush's ass by getting Saddam since Bush couldn't. Right when we should've redoubled our Bin Laden search, he forced Iraq on us. Going it alone with pathetically weak arguments. That is what got the most hate for starters. It ruined a generation much like Vietnam, but those veterans weren't nearly as abandoned. I think that administration made it's own bed and had to lay in it. However, people are getting misty about Dubya. Don't!!! Trump proved that when you pander to the lowest common denominator at a time when the left was foolishly overconfident in their winning, you had a lackadaisical left response and a stimulated right and the popularity contest was won. Perfect storm.