Any OGs still around?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Re: Any OGs still around?

Post by mxrewind665 »

Wahlamt wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:48 pm
ddmx wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm I browse mainly just looking for new tracks but to be honest, the old ones were the best.
Yes 8)
Lost this game bc I no longer have the access to my old email to put this on my new computer but heavily contemplating buying it again to make tracks.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

ddmx wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm I browse mainly just looking for new tracks but to be honest, the old ones were the best.
Yes 8)
Are you certain? You gonna favor Washougal 2008 over DJ's masterpiece? A1 2010? lol
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Yes 8)
Are you certain? You gonna favor Washougal 2008 over DJ's masterpiece? A1 2010? lol
Maybe not, but I do generally have a break point at 2014, prefer the tracks released in 2014 and earlier. Call me dumb, but yeah. MX181's Washougal 2014 is legendary.
mxrewind665 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:55 pm Lost this game bc I no longer have the access to my old email to put this on my new computer but heavily contemplating buying it again to make tracks.
Email/PM JLV, you're a familiar name around here. Sure you can get it sorted.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Yes 8)
I was spinning heaters on JLV's 2008 A1 yesterday. Will have to download both of those and make a decision. haha
TeamHavocRacing

I don't think I tried that one. I just remember the furore JLV created with his "No Frills" A1. 2010 iirc. Anyone seeing this PLEASE upload any tracks like DDMX described to this topic... http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50083
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:46 pm I don't think I tried that one. I just remember the furore JLV created with his "No Frills" A1. 2010 iirc. Anyone seeing this PLEASE upload any tracks like DDMX described to this topic... http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50083
As an OG you should know JLV always uploaded his tracks directly on the site 8) Still there: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 2680#p2680
TeamHavocRacing

Thanks, that's awesome! I guess I never looked. It's come a hell of a long way. I compared JLVs code the other day to John Carmack's. When it's the initial install you'll rarely find cleaner, more efficient code and NEVER find a game that connects to a server faster. Of course when you bloat it with gigs and gigs of content it slows 🐌.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

I genuinely miss the amount of time and effort that went into the OG national and GP tracks. Giopanda, Haggvist, checkerz, rafagas, their tracks were absolutely top notch when it came to realism and attention-to-detail. Everything about those tracks were perfect. It seems each year the tracks being released are regressing in quality.

I think the problem is if you tell an average player to download a 2012 national track they'd literally uninstall because it's too realistic. My biggest complaint about the current community is their obsession with turning MXS into an arcade game. Every year we move further and further from simulation as we compete on wide open highway "fun tracks"

Current tracks are fun as fuck don't get me wrong, but to tell me I have to compete on them in a REPLICA series on a SIMULATOR?

Pls.

#1 thing I miss about OG days were the quality of the tracks hands down. I still play 2012-2013 tracks all the time.
Tanner Rogers
EnzoPersson105
Team: Privateer

Post by EnzoPersson105 »

Please give me the top 3 tracks of your choice, and I will download them. I got swarmed with tracks when I went to TMT.

Just playing very casually offline now, don't really want to or have time to try out 30 different tracks.

Thank you very much in advance!
BaBoO bEaTs
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 pm ... I compared JLVs code the other day to John Carmack's. ...
?
TeamHavocRacing

ddmx wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:29 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 pm ... I compared JLVs clean coding the other day to John Carmack's. ...
?
ftfy and no, I have NOT hacked MXS. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

EnzoPersson105 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:12 am Please give me the top 3 tracks of your choice, and I will download them. I got swarmed with tracks when I went to TMT.

Just playing very casually offline now, don't really want to or have time to try out 30 different tracks.

Thank you very much in advance!
Millville 2008 (track comp 2010)
Red Bud 2010
Mission Valley
Maresia MX Park (http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50083)
Vurb Classic Oatfield (http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50083)
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Wahlamt wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:30 pm
mxrewind665 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:55 pm Lost this game bc I no longer have the access to my old email to put this on my new computer but heavily contemplating buying it again to make tracks.
I'll do that and see what comes of it. I seriously miss this community. Glad to still be remembered after years of silence :lol:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:34 pm
ddmx wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:29 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:34 pm ... I compared JLVs clean coding the other day to John Carmack's. ...
?
ftfy and no, I have NOT hacked MXS. I wouldn't know where to begin.
I just figured you meant it doesn't depend on 150 different DLLs like it's popular to do now.

Thanks for the complement btw! John Carmack is definitely one of my heros. All of his 3d code is super precise. One funny story I heard about him developing Quake - apparently someone at iD noticed a single pixel error on one of their computers. Instead of just ignoring it like almost anyone else would do, Carmack went on a mission to find the error and eventually found he had a mislabeled pentium. It was a 75 MHz clocked at 90 or something like that and the overclocking made it have just enough errors to get an occasional pixel wrong. Hard to imagine anyone else noticing that!

I think that strict perfectionism hurt him as graphics programming turned into finding ways to fake things in a way that doesn't look too bad. He was doing super precise stencil shadows in Doom 3 while others were doing trashy screen space effects that, while trashy and imprecise, looked pretty good most of the time.
mxrewind665 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:05 am
Wahlamt wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:30 pm
I'll do that and see what comes of it. I seriously miss this community. Glad to still be remembered after years of silence :lol:
I've been much more strict about this recently since people have tried to steal keys this way. If you know your UID I might be able to match server log IP addresses against your forum post IP addresses. It's much simpler if the original email still works.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:36 amThanks for the complement btw! John Carmack is definitely one of my heros. All of his 3d code is super precise.
He didn't have a hand in making Doom eternal, but playing it reminds me of the early days of his work. I'd still like to see if there is a title out there that can connect online and show other players moving faster than MXS can.