World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Re: World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

Post by Jones221 »

Just finished banch. You’re killing it. I wanna ride so bad now.
only one to win something real from the game!
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Jones221 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:57 am Just finished banch. You’re killing it. I wanna ride so bad now.
Thank you for your continued support Jones. I appreciate that. This midwest snow has got me itching, too. Just came here to post up about the video haha.

Anyway... new video on the site! A documentary I made in the Fall of 2020 about New England privateers. I hope you guys dig it.

I wanted also to make mention that I have partnered with the Road 2 Recovery foundation. Via a $10 donation to their site, I will send you a DVD copy of Banch for free. Just click the image below and it'll take you to World of Echo, where you can watch the film, read some words, look at very amateur pictures, and donate to R2R.

http://inaworldofecho.com/banch-road-2-recovery

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: World of Echo: A Blog About Motocross Filmmakers

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

JConley691 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:26 pmI had a lengthy conversation with aerial-sports videographer Wes Coughlin. Wes is an incredible person, grew up skating and riding dirt bikes in the high desert of Redmond, Oregon, which quickly turned into a passion for snowboarding and snow sports. He's filmed stuff for GoPro, Discovery Channel (shark week!!), and many others.
Wes has now landed a whale too! His IG post about it...https://www.instagram.com/p/CMk59WxB6Px/
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
JConley691

Re: World of Echo: A Blog About Motocross Filmmakers

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:53 pmWes has now landed a whale too!
Saw that! I hope he releases his base jumping movie soon. I saw a rough cut back when we spoke and it's really good.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I have a new interview out with French filmmaker Alan Perreard, talking about his latest film "Lean.9.18" with fellow Frenchman, beach/rally racer Camille Chapeliere. Alan has been killing it for years, producing work for RedBull and other big names in action sports, but just recently released this project out of his passion for the craft. He and Camille share a similar interest in moto and filmmaking, so they were a perfect combo to execute this awesome piece. Check out the video below, and peep the interview in the link if you'd like to learn more about Alan and what went into making this video.

http://inaworldofecho.com/alan-perreard-lean

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I have a new interview out with Troy Powell, former Volcom marketing man and filmmaker from Central California, responsible for the hidden gem known as "A Warrior's Code." I was put onto this video by Carson Mumford while traveling the outdoor tour and I've been itching to get ahold of Troy and ask him all about his amazing piece. Shot entirely on 8mm film, this video stands head and shoulders above its contemporaries of the late 2000's. With an all-star cast of RC, JS7, J-Law, Hanny, Villo, and a young Eli Tomac, among others, this video is a can't miss.

Read all about Troy, the inner workings of Volcom's foray into moto, and what he thinks about the film today at the link below. (You can also watch the entire video through that link, via YouTube.)

https://inaworldofecho.com/2021/04/27/troy-powell/
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Wrote an article about living in my van in Southern California for two months. Spent some time at Carson Mumford's establishment. Good kid, good family. He's got a lot of heart and I ask that you cheer for him if you're spectating on the tour this summer. Also did some skating with motoheads like Mike Emery and Matt Rice. We shot a video that I'll link below, if there's any crossover interest here for that. Tripped out to Thunder Valley and Mammoth nationals as well.

Besides that, most of this trip was really about adjusting to life on the road and following this moto rabbit hole a little bit deeper. I hope to continue my travels in the fall and winter. I wish you all well in your endeavors. Till the next!

http://inaworldofecho.com/orchestrated- ... ordination

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I have a new story out today, chronicling the lives of four New England privateers as they welcomed the Pro Motocross tour back to Southwick. In particular, Andrew Boccarossa, Jake Pogodzienski, Josh Prior, and Joe Tait. I've become friends with a lot of the riders from that area over the last year from filming Banch, and it was compelling to see them back racing at the place where many of them started.

There's impeccable energy surrounding the riders from the Northeast, and I'd encourage any well-traveled moto-head to pay that scene a visit. I hope you enjoy the story. (Photo below by Mo Kadam).

http://inaworldofecho.com/returning-to-the-fold

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

In case anyone on the forum were interested, I'm hosting a moto film festival on WoE! The link for information and rules can be found by clicking on the photo below. I'll be citing some information here as well for convenience.

This is a very loose festival, meaning you can make any type of film, using any medium, and it can be as long or as short as you want it to be. As long as it pertains to motocross in some way, it's all good. The goal for the festival is to showcase an eclectic and varied collection of films, and to ensure that we get that, all films submitted will be eligible for entry into the festival.

However, to motivate some of the more determined filmmakers and creative minds in the scene, we will be awarding cash prizes to the "top 3" films, as determined by a panel of five judges (who can be viewed via the link above). Currently, our prize pool is up to $1,500, and breaks down as such:

1st Prize - $750
2nd Prize - $525
3rd Prize - $225

(Additional prizes and awards may be issued at a later date.)

All you have to do to submit is make your film, upload it to YouTube (it can be publicly available before the festival date if you so desire), and email the link to submissions@inaworldofecho.com with the subject line "World of Echo Film Festival - Your Name." Be sure to include some background on your piece as well! Why you made it, who was involved... a funny-ass story. Whatever you feel is necessary information before viewing your video.

The deadline for submissions is no later than Friday, November 5th, and the festival will take place on the World of Echo YouTube channel on Friday, November 19th, two weeks after the fact.

Additional information and Q/A can be found on the website. Updates will be available there as well as on Instagram. If you want to shoot a question in this thread as well, feel free. I'll be monitoring this space in the weeks and months to come.

I can't wait to see what you guys can come up with. Happy filming!
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Life's been hectic and slow all at the same time, but in-between all of the uncertainty I snagged an interview with Garth Milan. If you're unfamiliar with Garth, he's simply one of the most prolific photographers in the sport of motocross. To cover his entire story would've taken three, maybe four individual parts proper. Seeing as his skills are in high demand, he keeps busy at all times. After a chance meetup on a Bell Helmets video shoot, I managed to get more acquainted with the man himself and schedule this interview, and following a few months of back and forth, we nailed it down.

Discussion includes: Garth's SoCal upbringing by way of New York, illegally distributing preview copies of the first edition of TransWorld MX (which he co-founded with Donn Maeda), shooting Pastrana's roof-to-roof backflip, documenting Felix Baumgartner's jump from space, and how his relationship with photography has matured over 20 years as a professsional, among other topics...

I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

http://inaworldofecho.com/garth-milan

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

The festival is closed! We have our lineup of films ready to be showcased over 3 nights, beginning Friday, November 19th.

When it was ultimately decided to launch a film festival back in June, I had no idea what to expect. In fact, outside of a few close friends, nobody even knew this was going to happen. I was very, truly, alone in this endeavor. I promised all that I could at the time of the announcement: my time, money, and a place to host the films. There were no guarantees of sponsors, judges, or (most importantly) participants.

Thankfully, through a network of trustworthy friends, colleagues, and companies, we built a small yet mighty team worthy to represent the motocross films yet to be made. The only missing part was the filmmakers... and boy, did they come through!

We received nearly 40 entries into the festival across 5 different countries, resulting in an entertaining and eclectic mix of films ranging from short works 2 to 10 minutes in length, to 25, 35, even 45 minute full-length features worthy of praise and recognition.

Below you will find the full list of films that will be featured in our Festival Showcase. Each night we will do a Premiere-style event on the World of Echo YouTube channel, where you are welcome to come watch the films live with us. Come through, drop a line in the chat, and just kick back! We've got an awesome roster lined up that I think is worthy of an evening or two of your time in the off-season.

Night 1, Friday, November 19th, will begin on the channel at 7:00 PM Central Time.
Night 2, Saturday, November 20th, will begin at 7:00 PM Central Time.
Night 3, Sunday, November 21st, will begin at 6:00 PM Central Time.

In addition to the 20 films we will be showcasing over the weekend, 8 have been selected to compete for physical awards and monetary prizes. To help even the score and recognize the wide breadth of films that were submitted, we decided to split the films into two categories: Short Form (for films under 15 minutes in length), and Long Form (for film over 15 minutes in length), and 4 films from each category will duke it out for position. These are the nominees for each category, with the prize breakdown as follows:

Short Form Nominees:

1. Ryder Koch – “RELENTLESS”
2. Mike LeGrand – “Pennsylvania Poison”
3. Nick Hagman – “It’s Worth It”
4. Sam Thurman – “Four Thirty One”

1st Prize - $750
2nd Prize - $525
3rd Prize - $225

Long Form Nominees:

1. Reece Gregory – “INSIDE OUT”
2. Chris Post – “the boys tour”
3. Andrew Boccarossa – “203.1”
4. Jake Juett – “Baja Brawl 2021: The Movie”

1st Prize - $750
2nd Prize - $525
3rd Prize - $225

We also have a host of physical awards to give away from both Monster Energy and Vurbmoto. Special thanks to those companies for providing the goods for our festival, as well as the folks at Atlas Speed Factory for chipping in on the prize pool.

Full details on the festival can be found on Instagram @inaworldofecho, and on the web HERE.

Hope to see you next weekend! Drop a question below or on IG if you have any. Thanks to all that turned out and participated.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

When it was ultimately decided to launch a film festival back in June, I had no idea what to expect. In fact, outside of a few close friends, nobody even knew this was going to happen. I was undeniably alone in this endeavor, meaning I promised all that I could at the time of the announcement: my time, a bit of money, and a place to host your films. There were no guarantees of sponsors, judges, or (most importantly) participants.

Thankfully, through a network of trustworthy friends, colleagues, and companies, we built a small yet mighty team worthy to represent the motocross films yet to be made. The only missing piece was the filmmakers. And man, did they come through!

All told, we received nearly 40 entries into the festival when all was said and done, an entertaining and eclectic mix of films from across the globe, ranging from short works 2 – 10 minutes in length, to 25, 35, even 45 minute full-length features worthy of praise and recognition. With over half of those entires coming the night of the deadline, y’all had me sweating. I was not to be let down, though.

In our Short Form category, it was the familiar team of Mike LeGrand, Patrick Farris, Darryn Durham, and Patrick Evans taking top honors. The Viewing's legacy grows with their latest entry, which only solidifies their towering presence on the east coast! The full list of Short Form films can be found HERE (including the ones that didn't make the festival showcase, our three night showing which has been archived HERE) The results are as follows:

First Place - "Pennsylvania Poison" by Mike LeGrand of The Viewing

Second Place - "It's Worth It" by Nick Hagman of Mechanimations

Third Place - "Four Thirty One" by Sam Thurman

Honorable Mention - "RELENTLESS" by Ryder Koch of Foggy Llama Films

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

In our Long Form category, it was Florida's (and MX Simulator's) own Chris Post walking away with the title via his uniquely personal cross-country documentary, "the boys tour." Posty impressed the judges and audience alike with his relaxed yet captivating piece. The full list of Long Form films can be found HERE (including the ones that didn't make the festival showcase, our three night showing which has been archived HERE) The results are as follows:

First Place - "the boys tour" by Chris Post

Second Place - "203.1" by Andrew Boccarossa of Expressions of the Unspoken

Third Place - "Baja Brawl 2021: The Movie" by Jake Juett of Flower Boy Films

Honorable Mention - "INSIDE OUT" by Reece Gregory of The Film Cru

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I have an interview with Mike LeGrand out now, talking about his winning entry in the Short Form category of the film festival. It was cool to hear how much work they put into the contest and what it was like to have the original Viewing crew back together. There are also some fun DD stories from the Eleven-10 Mods days towards the end of our conversation. Link below.

https://inaworldofecho.com/2021/12/06/m ... interview/
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I conducted an interview with Chris Post, to talk about his winning long-form entry in the Film Festival this past month. Posty is no stranger to the Sim community, and it was an honor to award a fellow player with the top prize. We spoke about how he went about his journey across the country, linking up with the Tomasunas' family in Michigan, hanging with the Star kids, and just who really is the king of Top Golf. Peep the interview below, where you can also rewatch is film for a refresher.

http://inaworldofecho.com/chris-post