World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Re: World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

Post by JConley691 »

New interview with Massachusetts' photographer Cameron Plourde went on the site a few days ago. Cameron has been up and coming in the northeast for a few years under his Enjoy Media umbrella, and just recently he took a big leap forward with his sprawling photobook, "A Year in Motion." The book highlights Cameron's 2021 travels, along with his fascination for slow-shutter action on 35mm film. We spoke briefly about the book, his collage work, and what he hopes to accomplish next.

Interview - https://inaworldofecho.com/cameron-plourde

Link to buy the book - https://www.enjoymedia.live/a-year-in-m ... -in-motion
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

I just recently put out a story involving Volodymyr Tarasov and Sem Nerush, two Ukrainian motocross riders currently defending their country against the Russian Invasion. We spoke in the early days of the invasion about their ambitions before the war, and how they are adapting a new world reshaped by a hostile force.

https://inaworldofecho.com/bikes-over-bombs

In conjunction with the article, I've started a donation drive to support the efforts of those already getting supplies and aide into the country. Through a connection with MX Sim's own Colton Davie, I was able to join forces with Grace2Ukraine, an organization founded by Davie's mother that is currently sending 100% of all donations to Ukraine to help provide shelter, food, and transportation for refugees and other Ukrainians still living in war zones.

For $5, I will send you a 2-sticker pack, currently in production by the boys at Throttle Jockey.
For $10, I will send the aforementioned, as well as a custom hand-drawn sticker. (Results will vary!)

On top of that, for every $5 you donate, you will be entered into a raffle to win a Chase Sexton Factory Connection Amateur Jersey. (The more you donate, the better your chances!)

For full details on prizes and how to donate, please visit @inaworldofecho. This is also where I'll announce the winner of the jersey when the drive ends on Friday, April 8th.

If you have the means, please consider donating. If not, I hope you enjoy the story. Thanks.

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Just put up an interview with photographer Hunter Dood. Hunter is a Michigan native who recently made the jump out to California, working in close proximity with the State of Ethos and Team Fried crews. We became better acquainted after working the Day in the Dirt Down South event together, so we got on the phone to talk about 5 select photos from his archives. Link below, thanks for reading.

https://inaworldofecho.com/hunter-dood

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Thanks for keeping a light on for us Jared!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:35 pm Thanks for keeping a light on for us Jared!
You the man Havoc. Appreciate you and anyone else who keeps up on the forum. I know I've gone quiet again but I should have a new post up soon.
TeamHavocRacing

I have a feeling that there's only a handful of people active anymore. I'm gonna stay to the end since this was the first forum I was compelled to join. It's my internet home. Poor guys.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:52 pm I have a feeling that there's only a handful of people active anymore. I'm gonna stay to the end since this was the first forum I was compelled to join. It's my internet home. Poor guys.
Heard that man. I mainly come through to update the thread these days, but I always make a point to come back for similar reasons. Lotta good memories on Sim and the forum. Downloading new bikes and tracks, forming teams, racing the old Amateur SX series that AuTo MaTik put on. 11 years really flew by. :shock:
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

So this was what I was working on the last few weeks, a short story of sorts about MERP (Mid East Racing Promotions). MERP is an upstart GP racing series out of Ohio that my friend Jack Bierbower is putting on with his friends. I find working in the sector of local racing to be a very noble cause, so I pitched them some funds and wrote a story about their first event, which I attended and competed in as well. My ass got squarely kicked, but it was as fun as advertised.

The story link is below, with an additional link to their webpage, where you can find info on the three remaining events this season.

https://inaworldofecho.com/merp-rd1/

https://www.mideastgpracing.com/

Round 2 - Crow Canyon (7/31)

Round 3 - Grears (8/28)

Round 4 - Malvern (10/16)
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Returning for 2022, we are now accepting submissions for the World of Echo Film Festival!

The WoE Film Festival is a showcase for motocross films shot by riders, for riders, rooted in the spirit of DIY culture we embody. Any and all are welcome to give this a shot. There are no skill requirements, time limits, age restrictions, or creative guidelines. All I ask is that the subject pertains to moto in some way.

Last year, we had nearly 40 entrants competing across 5 countries to claim real estate in the festival showcase. A bunch of great people from a myriad of different places featuring their scenes on their own terms, making films the way they ought to be made: with your friends, using whatever is at your disposal. You can check it out for yourself here - 2021 World of Echo Film Festival.

This year I kept telling myself I didn’t have the energy, I didn’t have the time, but we’re gonna run it back anyway because it meant a lot to see how many people turned out last year. I hope to see many familiar faces return to give it another go, and encourage any new faces to come join the festivities. (International peeps are always welcome!)

I’ll announce this year's panel of judges and sponsors over the following weeks. In the meantime, head over to the website to get all the details on how it’s going down. Linked below. Happy filming!

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

We officially have our judges lined up for the 2022 fest! MX Sim regulars Chris Post and Andrew Ryan (aka Skooty Puff Jr.) make an appearance this year. Post for his standout win last year in the Long Form category, and Ryan for consistently bringing just the right amount of chaotic good energy. Alongside those two are French filmmaker Alan Perreard, perennial freerider Jimmy Hill, and east coast legend Mike LeGrand of The Viewing fame. These individuals represent a wide range of motocross culture and ideology, using their talents and personalities to define what we think is great about moto. And they’re just damn good people to boot.

The cast looks forward to seeing what you and your scene are all about! Just show us by Friday, November 4th, and you could walk away with some cold hard cash to show for it. If not, I hope you'll at least have had a good time with your friends!

Full details at - https://inaworldofecho.com/2022-film-festival

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

By coincidence, Alan just recently released a film of his own, with support from the folks at Vahna (formerly META), and La Clef Productions. "Keep Rolling" is Perreard's visual retelling of his last year deep in the trenches of the French motocross scene, an expansive piece that puts an emphasis on minimalism in the throes of the information age. To help drive the story forward, Alan subtracts critical information that allows the viewer instead to suspend their belief and insert themselves into Alan's work. The film inspired me to write about that, and how it relates to the current going-ons of the motorcycle world at large. Link below to read and watch the full film.

https://www.inaworldofecho.com/keep-rolling

TeamHavocRacing

Hillsack! Nice dude! Not related, but he hangs at Hillranch.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Stoked to have Jimmy on the panel, he's been having a good year!

Popped in to update with our sponsor this year, Mason Wheelock's Adventure Brand clothing! ADV is a clothing brand out of Georgia that operates around streetwear, skate, and moto. They recently partnered with independent gear company Phase Moto this past season to produce some custom styles for one of my east coast friends Mr. Joe Tait, the #962 privateer out of Wilton, CT. I'm glad they sponsored him this outdoor season, and am glad they've come on board for the festival as well! Check out their offerings at the image linked below.

Little over a month left to get your films in!

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Ohio's Cory Schaffernocker came by during the Mideast GP at Malvern last weekend to hook me up with a pair of 2XL hoodies for the festival! They don’t fit me, but maybe they’ll fit you! We’ll be giving these away at random to two contestants. I am not sure exactly how we’ll pick the winners yet, but all you have to do is enter the festival by Friday, November 4th, for a chance to claim some threads. There are a handful of quality key rings as well.

Cory’s wheel company, Smooth Speed MX, is one of the best in the business, keeping the Ohio faithful dialed. If you’re in the area, give him a ring for some fresh shoes this off-season.

(12 days left to submit!)

JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

We have our roster for the 2022 World of Echo Film Festival! After much deliberation with the festival judges, we narrowed our pool of 26 contestants down to 10 for the showcase, 8 of which will be eligible for merch awards and cash prizes.

Come through the World of Echo YouTube Channel on November 19th and 20th at 6:00 PM Central (both nights) for a chance to see which films made the cut! Roster attached below, letting you know who is playing each night.