Isle of Man TT Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Isle of Man TT Discussion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The Faugheen 50 has been run and here's how it went down...

Faugheen 50: Race Day Analysis – The Results, The Competition, The Super Heroes Feats Chronicled

By Stevie Rial
Updated: July 21, 2019

Scintillating action, fantastic weather throughout, an extremely appreciative crowd combined with a top draw atmosphere made today’s race day at Faugheen, unquestionably one to remember.

Runner up within the Open Championship, Grand Final races, Derek McGee proved peerless, untouchable in the 125/Moto 3 race, finishing victorious by over 13 seconds.

Melissa Kennedy led the challenge to Faraldo Racing Honda mounted McGee, as brother Wayne Kennedy finalised the podium finishers.

Ran alongside the 125/Moto 3 race, the 250/400 class encounter would see pole sitter David Howard edge out Stephen Tobin for victory spoils by only 0.134 of a second! Rounding out the rostrum finishers behind the evenly matched duo of Howard and Tobin, was popular paddock favourite Stephen Morrison.

Looking back on this afternoon’s Super Twins action, with KMR Kawasaki’s Derek McGee retiring out of contention on the fourth lap of the six lap Twins race, this paved the way for Skerries Michael Sweeney to claim the class honours, ultimately emerging victorious by 6.78 seconds over Paton mounted James Chawke.

Dermot Cleary, Tommy Henry shared the Senior Support Championship, Senior Support Non Championship victories, whilst overall Junior Classic/Junior 350 Classics, Senior Classic/Senior 1000 Classics victories were banked by yesteryear racing stalwarts Ed Manly and Richard Ford.

Brian Mateer headed the just four strong Junior 250 Classics entry, whilst the Senior 500 Classics race win was clinched by another respected, top calibre yesteryear racing exponent, John Leigh Pemberton.

Junior Support class wise, the Championship encounter for the Junior Support exponents unfortunately didn’t go to plan, with the race twice been red flagged.

Organisers went onto make the decision to not re start for a third time, the Junior Support Championship race.

Racers not mentioned yet to have secured rostrum finishes today at Faugheen, are as follows:

Darragh Trape (3rd Senior Support Championship / 3rd Senior Support Non Championship), Philip Shaw (3rd Junior 250 Classics / 3rd Senior 1000 Classics), Mick Brady (2nd Junior 350 Classics), Ian Thompson (3rd Junior 350 Classics / 2nd Senior 1000 Classics).

Darryl Tweed (3rd Super Twins), Freddie Stewart (2nd Senior 500 Classics), Andy Kildea (3rd Senior 500 Classics), Andy McAllister (2nd Senior Support Non Championship).

Overall results per class from the morning, afternoon’s competition at the 2019 Faugheen 50 Road Races, are as follows:

Senior Support:

1 Dermot Cleary
2 Tommy Henry
3 Darragh Trape
4 Andy McAllister
5 John Ella
6 Noel Smith
7 Niall Power
8 John Cahill
9 Martin Currams
10 Stuart McCann
11 Adrian Heraty
12 Brian Keohane
13 Alan Fisher
14 Eugene Morahan

125/Moto 3:

1 Derek McGee
2 Melissa Kennedy
3 Wayne Kennedy
4 Gary Dunlop
5 Sam Grief
6 Nigel Moore
7 Sean Leonard

250/400:

1 David Howard
2 Stephen Tobin
3 Stephen Morrison
4 Michael Hoey
5 Brian Loughlin
6 David Broderick

Junior 250 Classics:

1 Brian Mateer
2 Richard Ford
3 Philip Shaw
4 Trevor Stewart

Junior 350 Classics:

1 Ed Manly
2 Mick Brady
3 Ian Thompson
4 Sean Leonard
5 Sam Kinkead
6 Gary Hutton
7 Freddie Stewart
8 Andy Kildea
9 Herbie Ronan
10 Gearoid Hoare
11 Kevin Callan
12 Paul McMahon
13 William Wilson

Super Twins:

1 Michael Sweeney
2 James Chawke
3 Darryl Tweed
4 Tommy Henry
5 Des Butler
6 Stephen Tobin
7 Ben Mullane
8 Liam Chawke
9 Martin Currams
10 Mark Shiels

Senior 1000 Classics:

1 Richard Ford
2 Ian Thompson
3 Philip Shaw
4 Trevor Stewart

Senior 500 Classics:

1 John Leigh Pemberton
2 Freddie Stewart
3 Andy Kildea
4 Sam Kinkead
5 Pat Murray
6 Kevin Callan
7 Sean Henry

Senior Support Non Championship:

1 Tommy Henry
2 Andy McAllister
3 Darragh Trape
4 Niall Power
5 Martin Currams
6 Stuart McCann
7 John Ella
8 Brian Keohane
9 Adrian Heraty
10 Alan Fisher
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Armoy is holding it's road race and they had to rely on photo-finish technology for one result...McGee brushing off his TT crash and getting back to kicking ass! My newest hero as of this season!

Armoy: McGee Awarded Hilton Car Sales Supersport Success After Photo Finish

By Stevie Rial
Updated: July 26, 2019

Mullingar’s Derek McGee has been officially declared by Armoy Road Race organisers, Hilton Car Sales Supersport winner, after a photo-finish alongside Dafabet Devitt Racing’s Paul Jordan.

Race leader throughout, 2018 Duke Road Race Rankings champion McGee in the closing laps of a quite thrilling Supersport race, was put under intense pressure by middleweight class pole sitter Jordan.

There was nothing in it on the seventh and final lap, as McGee and Jordan in ultra close proximity ventured towards the start-finish. At first it seemed as though YZF R6 Yamaha mounted Jordan had claimed race spoils.

It was soon then announced that McGee was in fact the race winner by only 0.012 of a second!

Confirmed race runner up Jordan, went onto be involved in a post race incident, from which he emerged without injury.

0.76 behind Jordan, McGee in finalising the podium finishers was Michael Sweeney, who just got the better of a determined Michael Dunlop in the battle for third.

Darryl Tweed banked fifth, whilst the top six was completed by lead Armoy newcomer Michael Browne.

Davies Motorsport’s Dominic Herbertson finished seventh, DTR (Danny Tomlinson Racing) supported Sam West was eighth, James Chawke placed ninth as 2016 Senior Manx GP winner Tom Weeden completed the top ten finishers.

Weeden’s BE Racing In Conjunction with Richardson Kelly Racing team mate Derek Sheils, was a notable non finisher, crashing out of contention on lap three.

Sheils emerged from the incident non injured, whilst additional non finishers were Skerries Andy Farrell and Logan Racing’s Neil Kernohan.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing

This is one way to reduce real roadracing casualties.
TeamHavocRacing

Aye, 'n we're back at it lads! Second day of practice laps in the first week of the TT fortnight in two years. John McGuinness looking to beat the youngsters and get a 24th TT victory with highly anticipated newcomer and Northwest 200 master Glenn Irwin givin' 'er a go. In an historical first, we get live full-coverage commentated video, of course in a PPV format. It's well worth the 25 bux, if you dig real roads racing. Pray for the lads.

Here's the streaming site: https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/products/tt-live-pass

TeamHavocRacing

I'm also streaming my attempts at 2 clean laps in TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge. https://youtu.be/W30P3Pgs5KQ
TeamHavocRacing

Sucks that my stream stops right when I start the runs. I'll just get a sesh in this year.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Wonder who's gonna die this time.
TeamHavocRacing

Hopefully nobody. Only 1982 was fatality free. How many amateur MX seasons have we gone without killing some kid?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:45 pm Hopefully nobody. Only 1982 was fatality free. How many amateur MX seasons have we gone without killing some kid?
When a single event reliably has death numbers that are comparable to the entire worldwide amateur MX season something is wrong.

What bothers me about it is the indifference. If every year they had some new barrier set up where the last deadly accident happened, at least it'd look like they were trying even if it didn't work. But the promoter doesn't care as long as they have cannon fodder willing to die to put on a show. A good promoter cares about the safety of their racers.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

They still run the bulls every year in Pamplona, don't they? This doesn't date back to the 13th century, but has been a mainstay since 1907 and a huge part of their economy. I get into the lives and times of the riders knowing full-well now that one split second is all it takes or even a mechanical failure to lose them. Think how John McGuinness has over 1320 laps on the island and still going. Maybe look into the thoughts and motivations of the riders and their families. If someone wants to base jump or skydive knowing the risks, then let 'em. What has moto done to stop spinal injuries or deaths? It's definitely on a larger scale with way less room for error, but comparable. You took the risks yourself when you raced! C'mon! See if you can watch an onboard lap without taking your eyes off the road!
TeamHavocRacing

Michael Dunlop is the only surviving racer of four Dunlops, with his Uncle Joey, Father Robert and Brother William all taken by the roads and he's still racing. Maybe this movie about them will give some insight to what seems so insane. It's called Road, it's free and it's narrated by Liam Neeson.

https://www.crackle.com/watch/8052
TeamHavocRacing

Jrife548 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:48 pm Wonder who's gonna die this time.
Reuters
Wed 1 Jun 2022 19.51 EDT

"British rider Mark Purslow dies aged 29 after Isle of Man TT qualifying accident.

Purslow, from Llanon in Ceredigion, Wales, was on his third lap of the fourth qualifying session when the accident occurred at Ballagarey. He had earlier lapped the Mountain Course at an average speed of 120.86mph."

R.I.P. Mark. I hadn't heard of him until this, sadly. The course is pretty green still after three years of no race rubber running on it from year to year. There were some very lucky dudes who also crashed but made it. So far this practice week the theme has been Red Flag Stoppage, be it by crashes or even medical emergencies etc.

I don't do this out of morbid fascination anymore. I do it out of understanding and passion for real roads racing. It demands total preparation and respect.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm You took the risks yourself when you raced!
I never supported bad promoters. An example: there was a track built at a hillclimb course. The track went up the hillclimb not too far after the start. But for the C and D riders, they cut it off halfway up the hill. The part where it cut through was only 10 feet wide, so at the start there was a traffic jam *going up a hillclimb run*! I watched the D class and there were bikes cartwheeling down the hill nearly killing people who were stopped on the hill. I went to the promoter and told him he needed to widen the track where it cuts though. He told me I needed to learn to ride it, which was funny since I was lucky enough to holeshot and ride through it alone. Never went back there again.

Compare that to promoters like John Coen from Diamondback or Tom Hurd from Hurricane Hills. You would mention the tiniest nitpicking thing about flaggers or something and they'd fix it immediately. It's because they cared about the safety of their racers. Anyone who doesn't doesn't deserve your business. I don't think the Isle of Man TT promoters care about killing their racers. It'd be like F1 never changing the rules to limit power and sending people around the track at 300 MPH to their death.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I guess I couldn't show you enough interviews and documentaries to get why they do it. I roadraced and only after so long I don't fear it, though it's well too late. Americans can never seem to properly explain our gun culture to the rest of the world, yet we do nothing about the constant loss of life our sacred tradition brings. That's our analog and it's waaay deadlier. We use sport as the main excuse.