Isle of Man TT Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Isle of Man TT Discussion

Post by jlv »

That "thoughts and prayers" answer at 4:05 was brutal.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I have noticed a pattern of stock responses. However that reporter was stupidly aggressive.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Theyyyyyy're baaaaack!!!

Starting Last weekend with the Cookstown 100, the real roads races are coming fast and furious almost every weekend leading up to the Isle of Man TT fortnight last week of May through first week of June with 12 UK events after. The TT is the only race where there isn’t a mass start, they start in 10 second intervals. In a couple of weeks I’ll be streaming my attempts at getting clean laps in the new TT simulator dropping mid-May. Here we go!

Cookstown 100: Michael Browne and Michael Dunlop take wins but weather thwarts Open races

22 April 2023.
From Northern Ireland

Michael Dunlop finished second in a curtailed Supersport race at Cookstown.

Michael Browne secured a double at the Cookstown 100 road races, with Michael Dunlop also taking a win, but adverse weather conditions prevented the feature Open races from running.

Browne won a red-flagged Supersport race and the Moto3/125cc event while Dunlop was the Supertwins victor as the lap record holder made his first appearance at the event since 2018.

However persistent rain left the roads around the 2.1-mile Orritor circuit sodden and the track was deemed too unsafe for the larger capacity bikes.
Browne had six seconds to spare over nearest challenger Nigel Moore in the Moto3/125 class, but Supersport runner-up Dunlop was just 1.76 seconds adrift of the Cork rider in that race.

Browne led the 600cc event on his Burrows Engineering/RK Racing Yamaha when the red flags came out on lap four after last year's man-of-the-meeting Michael Sweeney crashed out unhurt at Mackney Corner.

Last year's treble winner was occupying third place when he came off but that position was ultimately awarded to Ballymoney's Darryl Tweed after the results were taken after lap three following the Skerries rider's demise.

Dunlop rode his McAdoo Racing Kawasaki to victory in the Supertwins class, enjoying a comfortable advantage over Daniel Ingham at the chequered flag to take his 11th race success at the county Tyrone meeting.

The eight-lap race was run on wet roads and the race was halted when the red flags again came out as the Ballymoney crossed the line to complete his final lap.

Tweed came out on top in the Lightweight Supersport event and Barry Davidson clinched a landmark 100th Irish national road racing victory with a triumph in Supersport 300.

There was disappointment for the spectators as conditions were deemed too dangerous for the 1000cc bikes by late afternoon.

Republic of Ireland rider Derek Sheils had qualified fastest for the Open race and feature Cookstown 100 event on Friday, the Roadhouse Macau BMW racer having set a time just 0.8 seconds faster than Dunlop, with Sweeney third quickest on the timesheets.

Sheils was returning to the event for the first time since 2020 and was an eight-time previous winner in the Superbike class.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Northern Ireland just got a whole bunch more boring this year... https://www.armaghi.com/news/tandragee- ... ike/199919
TeamHavocRacing

I finally got one "clean" lap of the TT course. 37.74 miles. None of the boxes in the upper-left got marked in the challenge, so I can finally move on. If there was a no-crash challenge, I would've cleared it, but the max was 4 off-tracks, 4 crashes and under 21 minutes. None of the above and a 20:36 lap. Phew!

The real roads boys were practicing on the Isle of Man today in the chairs(sidecar racers) at Jurby, an airfield with some kerbs and a layout for local races and practice for the TT fortnight. That begins on Monday, May 29th with the first official practice sessions of the 2023 event.
TeamHavocRacing

The TT is off to a roaring start! With a little bit of rubber left on the road from last year and no rain in a month, lap times are already dropping. Some trees were removed(mostly from disease) and they resurfaced a good portion of Cronk-y-voddy straight for improved safety, comfort and confidence. Michael Dunlop with 21 wins is looking to surpass his uncle Joey's 26 wins as the most winning TT racer of all time. Check it out... https://youtube.com/@isleofmanttraces21
TeamHavocRacing

Michael Dunlop set an unofficial lap record yesterday afternoon with an average speed of 135.531 mph with Peter Hickman's 2018 lap of 135.452 still standing until further notice as practice/qualifying week comes to an end. It's a barn burner this time!
TeamHavocRacing

This is an off day at the TT and with the first two days of racing in the books, we can take stock in Michael Dunlop and his absolute focus on the slaughter of his competition. He(aged 34) is now tied for second place with John McGuinness(aged 51) at 23 TT victories apiece with the most recent being a Superbike win, which he has never been known for(considering the lack of offers to ride 1000s over the years). His uncle Joey (Feb. 25th 1952-Jul. 2nd 2000) is current king with 26 wins. There is six races remaining and I believe that he has every possibility of surpassing Yer Maun as King of the Mountain based on his current form and winning streak. It's been a very merciful TT season and I think we might escape death this year. Fingers crossed!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:03 pm It's been a very merciful TT season and I think we might escape death this year. Fingers crossed!
I was going to tell you not to jinx it, but I didn't... It's one hell of a sport.
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:17 amjinx it
Fuck! I did! R.I.P. Raul Torres Martinez. He was killed in yesterdays Supertwin race near Alpine, between the 16th and 17th mile markers on the final of the three-lap Supertwin race. The Spaniard was a 22 time competitor and had 15 bronze trophies. Meanwhile, Michael Dunlop has moved past John McGuiness into 2nd place in TT wins with 25 after the Supertwins win and looks to move past Uncle Joey's 26 wins into 1st by the end of the fortnight.
TeamHavocRacing

Dropped this into 2023 SX Discussion on June 10th. OOPS!

Welp, the 2023 TT is now behind us and Michael Dunlop will have to wait another year to claim the TT crown. Peter Hickman took the Superstock win to stop the roll of 4 victories Dunlop clicked off in what looked to be a tromping of Ian Hutchinson's record 5 wins in a TT fortnight. Hickman also broke the outright record with an average 136.358 mph lap. He also unexpectedly won the second Supertwins race when Dunlop had a breakdown. We came so close to the first death-free TT since 1982. It's quite possible! Bring on the Ulster GP to see if Hicky can get an even faster lap speed there!
TeamHavocRacing

The Tandragee 100 is one of the Northern Ireland real roads races, and it's more like a driveway than a road or racetrack. GP Bikes allows you to experience the major pucker factor of riding there. Here's my only crash-free lap so far...

I couldn't embed the real life lap, but here is one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmt00fb-idE&t=6s

Here's my only crash-free lap so far...